Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sleepily Draco opened his eyes. At first, he couldn't tell where he was, but then everything from the last ten hours came back to him full force. He had finally told Uncle Sev what happened at home, his mother abandoned him and the Weasley's were going to take him in. Who would have imagined that all of that could have happened in such a short amount of time?
A New Home
Sleepily Draco opened his eyes. At first, he couldn't tell where he was, but then everything from the last ten hours came back to him full force. He had finally told Uncle Sev what happened at home, his mother abandoned him and the Weasley's were going to take him in. Who would have imagined that all of that could have happened in such a short amount of time?

Turning over so that he was no longer staring at the ceiling he caught sight of Mr. Weasley smiling at him warmly from a chair across the room. Slowly the man stood up and came to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hi there Draco. How are you feeling?"

Draco shrugged his shoulders into the pillows. If he were honest, he didn't know how he felt. On one hand, he was extremely grateful to the man sitting beside him, but at the same time he felt a great pang of loss in the pit of his stomach.

Slowly Arthur reached forward and rested his hand on the boy's forehead. Still smiling the man brushed back the blond hair and ruffled it a bit.

"Can you be honest with me for a moment Draco?"

Draco nodded and ignored the fact that he hated his hair ruffled like that. It just mussed it up, and he worked so hard to keep it flat.

"Are you ok coming to stay with me and my family? I know that you and Ron do not have the best relationship."

Again Draco nodded. "I didn't really mean all those things I said. I was afraid my father would find out if I did not say anything."

"I know you didn't Draco and I need you to promise me that if Ron gives you any trouble that you will tell me or Molly, ok? The same goes with the rest of our brood too. I don't want them making your life difficult and I have made that clear to them."

Draco looked at Arthur and for some strange reason he felt a warm feeling begin to rise into his chest. No one had ever made sure he was comfortable like that before. It was always take what comes and don't look for anyone to save you.

"Thank you."

"There is no need to thank me Draco. Now if you want, Severus and Albus got back from putting up the wards on the house a little while ago and assured me it was safe to bring you home. I know it won't be anything as you're used to, but we can go set up your room and get you settled."

"What about school?"

"Your Head of House excused you for a week so that you can come home and rest. Also, this will give you a chance to get to know Molly and myself a little better."

Draco nodded. "When can we go? I don't really like the hospital wing."

"As soon as you're ready. Also, we thought that it might be best to sign the guardianship papers tonight. If that is ok with you. If not, and you want to think a bit more that is fine too."

"I want to do it tonight if that is ok."

Arthur nodded. "Ok then Draco, why don't you get yourself dressed and we will floo over. I set some clothing in the bathroom for you to put on."

Draco nodded and Arthur got up so that the boy could slip out of bed. The boy padded over to the bathroom and with a small blush and quick look back at Arthur he closed the door causing the man to chuckle a little.

It was funny how boy's at this age were so easy to embarrass. He remembered when his older boy's were like this. It had caused many moments where both he and Molly had to hide their smiles at their antics. Oh, to be young.

In just a few minutes, Draco emerged from the bathroom with his pajama in his hands.

"Where do I put these?"

"Just put them on the bed and Madam Pomfrey will take care of them for you. Is there anything you want to do or anyone you want to see before we go?"

Draco looked down and after a moment he looked back up. "Can I see Uncle Sev before we go?"

"Of course Draco. I believe he is with Harry. Do you wish to speak with him alone?"

The boy shook his head. "No it's ok. Why is Potter here though? Is he ok?"

Arthur smiled. "Harry will be just fine. Now let's get going I know Molly wanted to give you your first home cooked meal tonight. She kept complaining how you were just too skinny."

Draco blushed and looked away making Arthur smile even more. When he saw that Draco really looked concerned though he reached out and gave the boy's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "But you know she says that about just about anyone. It's nothing to worry about, just be prepared for a feast you'll never be able to finish."

Looking a bit more reassured Draco nodded and the two began to walk towards where Severus and Harry were on the bed next to where Ginny still lay. When they reached the bed, it looked as if Harry had fallen asleep just minutes before as Severus was pulling a tray from the boy's lap and lowering the headboard.

Healing always took a lot out on the body and in Harry's case it was especially true, because he was so small for his age. So it was not a bit surprising when Harry had fallen asleep mid bite. Severus had just cleaned it away and decided that a nap was indeed in order. As he was lowering the headboard though he was slightly surprised to see his godson walking towards him with Arthur gently pushing him forward.

A few feet away Arthur stopped and gave Draco a slightly larger gentle push towards his godfather. Draco looked back at the man a little hesitantly, but Arthur just gave him a reassuring smile and nod. When Draco came close enough Severus patted the chair next to him so that they boy would take it.

"Hi Draco. How are you feeling?"

Draco shrugged his shoulders. "Are you mad at me?"

Severus shook his head. "How long have you known me Draco? You know, all last year I was trying to get you to speak with someone so that you would be going home to a safe environment. I understand that you were afraid, and I am very proud of you for accepting our help. Now come here and let me assure myself that you are ok."

Draco moved a little closer in his chair and Severus leaned forward and grabbed the boy up into a hug. Draco stiffened at first, but then relaxed into his godfather's arms. Over the course of the years Draco had learned to accept the small bit of comfort his godfather had given him and even craved it at times. At first he was always unsure, but then he always managed to relax and enjoy the warmth.

"I am so very proud of you Draco, so proud."

Severus then pulled the boy back from his a little so that he could look Draco in the face. "I know you and Harry do not have a wonderful relationship, but I know he is willing give you a second chance if you give him one. No matter what happens though I will always be here for you even if you two do not get along."

The boy nodded and looked down. "I wanted to apologize to him for all the mean things I said to him last year."

Severus smiled. "I would wake him, but he needs his rest, and I am sure Mr. Weasley here would like to get you home. Next time, you see him you can apologize, ok?"

The Professor looked up at Arthur for confirmation and the man nodded, but opened his mouth to speak. "Only if you remember to call me Arthur, both of you."

Both nodded and Severus helped the boy off his chair so that he could go back over to the man who was waiting for him. As soon as he reached Arthur the man put an arm around the boy's shoulders and led him over to where his kids were so that he could say his goodbyes.

When they reached the children all became quiet when they saw Draco's presence. Arthur sent a warning glare to his children over the boy's head, but it seemed that his youngest boy was not receiving the message because he seemed to scowl all the more at the duo.

"We are going to leave now. As I told you earlier Draco is going to come live with us, we thought that it would be nice for Draco to come home for a little while to relax so he will be back in a week or so. Remember what your mother and I said earlier and behave yourselves."

Watching three out of four nod Arthur sighed as he saw Ron still scowling. Defeated he beckoned to his wife.

"Could you please take Draco home? I think I need to have a chat with Ron here."

Molly nodded, but Draco looked up at him in fear. "Please don't leave me."

Sighing Arthur knelt down before Draco. "I'm not leaving you Draco. I just thought that you might want to go home with Molly while I talk with Ron here."

"Can I stay with you?"

Arthur raised a brow and shared a look with his wife. It seemed that Draco had formed some kind of bond with him.

"You can stay with me if you want, but I'm just going to be a few more minutes here. Can you wait over by Molly while I have a small talk with Ron?"

Draco nodded and moved over to the woman who gently rested her hand on his shoulder. Arthur nodded while getting off his knees and went over to his youngest son.

"Ron, come here for a moment please."

Ron grumbled something, but moved slowly over to his father. Gently Arthur rested a hand on his shoulder and used his other to gently tip the boy's chin up so that they met eyes.

"Do you want to tell me what is going on Ron? I can see you are upset."

Ron tried to look away, but unfortunately Arthur grip was too strong for him to move. When Arthur saw his sons reaction, he sighed and knelt down before the boy resting both hands on his shoulders.

"Talk to me Ron, what's wrong?"

Looking down Arthur had to struggle to hear, but eventually he did hear the boy's mumble.

"Why does he have to come live with us?"

Arthur gave another small sigh as he looked at his forlorn son. "Ron, did you hear what your mother and I were telling you guys before?"

The boy shook his head.

"I promise to explain everything to you later then, but for now all you need to know is Draco cannot go home to his parents and needs somewhere to live. Your mother and I cannot just let Draco go elsewhere when we are very capable of taking care of him. I know this will take some time to get use to having him as a new brother, but promise me you will try?"

"But dad..."

"No buts Ron, I need you to promise me."

"Fine. I promise."

Arthur sighed and pulled Ron into a hug. Wrapping his arms around his boy he was pliantly surprised when Ron melted into his touch. Maybe this was all the boy needed.

"I promise you Ron we are not replacing you in any way shape or form. There is no way we could ever replace something as special as you in our hearts. We love you more than you know Ron."

Arthur pulled back and saw his boy nod and the few tears in his eyes. So he had hit the nail on the head with that last statement, the poor boy. He then watched as Ron took his sleeve and wiped away the tears that had formed.

"Are you ok now Ron? Please tell me if you are not."

"Thank you dad. I love you too."

Arthur nodded and stood up removing his hands from the boy's shoulders. "Go see your brothers now and ask for them to fill you in what you missed. Write to us and tell us all you are doing in school and don't hesitate to floo call us if you need anything."

The boy nodded and walked back over to where his brothers were talking with Hermione. As soon as he reached the group they pulled him into their circle and began conversing with him. Arthur smiled and turned back to the newest member of their family.

"Come on Draco let's go home now."

Taking hold of the boy's hand the three turned to the floo and flooed home to the Burrow.

While Molly, Arthur, and Draco arrived back at the Burrow the four children were talking quickly to one another. Mostly informing Ron what had happened when he had been lost in his anger induced haze and scolding him for his behavior. As the three continued to whack him on the back of the head and talk with him Ron felt worse and worse. He really acted like a prat.

By the end of their discussion Ron felt horrible and had lowered his head so low that he was looking at the top of his feet. When the twins saw the tears start to form in their brother's eyes though Fred looked at George and put a gentle arm around their younger brother's shoulder.

"It's ok though little brother. You just let your anger take control. We will help you work on how to control that. Did you have enough to eat or did you want more lunch?"

"I'm fine and I'm really sorry I was a prat."

Fred sighed and gave Ron's shoulder another gentle squeeze while George reached around draped his arm around Ron's other shoulder.

"It's fine, we still love you and always will. Now come on and let's go see Ginny."

While the kids moved over to sit by their sister Severus watched with mild amusement. It was good that the twins were looking out for Draco, but also for their brother. His sight then wandered over to the girl on the bed. The poor thing had a significant recovery in front of her. Lord Voldemort had messed with her mind and although Poppy had assured Molly that it was nothing that could not be fixed it was still going to be a trying time ahead of them. Fortunately, the Mind Healer Don had referred her to was very talented and knew would help her a lot.

Just then Severus heard the floo go off behind him. Casually he turned to see who it was and was pleased to see that Pamela had come through. Inwardly he sighed in relief, really and truly he needed a break, no matter what he told everyone else. Now all he had to do was protest that he did not need any rest and then pretend to sulk away when she won. Sometimes he wondered if people saw through his little game and just played along or they really thought he was that stubborn.

Quickly the woman walked over to the boy on the bed, and the dutiful parent sitting close by. Smiling at the man she took the seat next to him and gave him a searching look.

"I'll watch Harry for you and when he wakes we'll work on some homework. I want you to go lie down in your own bed right now."

True to his form Severus scowled and opened his mouth to protest. Before he could utter a word though Pam gave him a glare of her own and pointed to the door of the hospital wing.

"Bed. Now. No arguments."

Sighing Severus just nodded and got up from hi chair. As he walked to the door, he had to wonder how in the world he could be bossed around so easily, where were the remarks he had planned? Either he was getting soft, or he really was too tired to put up much of a fight. The more he thought of it; the more he just convinced himself he was just tired. Next time he would put up a bigger fight. There was no way he had gotten that soft. Conveniently he was forgetting just how tenderly he had held Harry earlier.

Just fifteen minutes after Severus had left the room two eyelids started to flutter open and two green eyes appeared. Reaching over Pamela gently rested the boy's glasses on his face as he began to regain his baring. Sitting up and looking over Harry was a little surprised to see Pamela sitting by his bedside smiling at him. He looked around for his new father, but he was no where to be found. So he looked back at Pamela he shot her a questioning glance.

"Good afternoon Harry. I am sure you are wondering where Severus is. He went down to take a little nap and thought that we might work on a bit of your schoolwork so that you can catch up a bit more. Is that all right?"

Harry gently nodded and sat up a bit more in bed. "Will he be back?"

The Healer gave the small boy a gentle smile. "I don't know, but let's let him sleep. Maybe later we can go down to the dungeons together, and you can show me your room. How about that?"

Harry nodded and noticed the textbooks Pamela had started to pull out of the small sack by her feet. It amazed him, because the woman kept pulling out book after book, yet the bag surely could not hold all that weight. It was so small!

Chuckling a little at the boy's amazement Pamela continued to pull the numerous books out of her bag. When she was done, she smiled at Harry and gave a small wink.

"It's an enlargement charm. No matter what size the bag is on the outside it can be enlarged on the inside and can be altered so that the weight is no different than it would have been otherwise. If you want after we work on your homework and some reading I can show you the spell?"

"That would be brilliant!"

Pamela smiled. "It is agreed then. After you finish all your work, I will teach you that spell. If you want I can teach you a new spell after each one our lessons. It can be a bit of a reward. What do you think?"

Harry shyly smiled and nodded. He liked that idea a lot. It would give him something to look forward to after those reading lessons when he felt so inadequate.

"Let's get started then. Are you comfortable working on the bed or do you want to move to a table?"

"I'm fine here if that is ok with you."

"Ok then let me get you a tray so that you can write and have a place for you to put your books."

Pamela got up and went to retrieve the tray that she had spotted earlier on one of the tables near the floo. As soon as she picked it up she brought it back to Harry and placed it gently on his lap. She then picked up his Transfiguration book and opened it up to where Severus had left off the night before and placed it on the tray in front of Harry.

"Why don't you read the next chapter to yourself silently and if you have any trouble let me know so I can help you. When you are finished I'll help you with these questions, ok?"

Harry nodded and looked down at the book in front of him and started to read. A little more than a page later Pamela stopped him with a gentle hand on his shoulder as she sat next to him on the bed.

"Remember to read slowly Harry. Why don't you follow the words with your finger so that it will be easier to slow yourself down."

Harry nodded and continued to read only this time his finger followed each and every word. Pamela watched along and was quite satisfied when she saw that reading with his finger following was indeed helping. She knew that when he was around his peers he would be to embarrassed to use this trick, but at least at home it might help him.

Just ten minutes later Harry was finished with the passage and looked up at his teacher smiling. "I think I'm ready for those questions."

Pamela smiled at the boy. "You are? Well then let's get to them."

Pamela pulled out the question sheet Minerva had given her and placed it in front of Harry. It was really wonderful when the teachers worked with her and did a little extra work to help their students. She had asked all of Harry's teachers to write out questions to touch on the points Harry was supposed to touch upon in his essay so that it would help him put his thoughts together so that when he began to write he would know what he was writing about. It was also very important for his reading comprehension, for he would now know whether he had read the passage well enough to understand what it was trying to say.

All of the teachers had readably agreed to help the young boy except for one, Professor Binns. Although in the past he had always ignored her when she had tried to help a student in the past. He was stuck in his old teaching styles and seemed that he was in no hurry to budge. It was no matter though, she had already enough material from past experiences on the goblin wars to help Harry write his essays.

Putting all that beside for the moment Pamela focused her skills on Harry again. With little help Harry answered all the questions Minerva had prepared for him. When he was finished, Pam helped him then write the assigned essay he would have to turn in the next day.

The small dark haired boy seemed to do well writing his essay. Pamela stopped him a few times and corrected many things such as spelling and simple grammar errors, but overall it was a very well thought out and written essay. It seemed that having Harry write the answers to every point he had to touch on helped him a great deal.

When he was finished with his first essay Pamela gave Harry the next book and his next assignment to work on while she gave Harry's essay one final look over banishing the greater of the ink splotches. As she did so she made a mental note to continue with Harry's penmanship lessons as well with his other subjects. If she were honest the boy's handwriting looked like spidery chicken scratch, not much better than the esteemed Professor Snape's handwriting. With a silent chuckle, she shook the vision or Professor Snape taking penmanship lessons from her. That would never happen in a million years.

Just a few hours later Harry had completed all of the schoolwork he had missed the day before and today. All of his teachers had agreed that if he could complete the schoolwork he had missed yesterday and today he should be fine with missing the first week or so since Pamela had made sure that he had at least read and understood all the concepts they had covered in class.

After finishing his work Pam spent another hour or so working with Harry to improve his reading and taught him a few tricks that wold help him silently read in class. The two then worked on Harry's penmanship a bit more and to Harry's surprise and great delight Pamela had pulled out a small rainbow colored grippy thing that would help Harry keep his fingers in the right spot as he wrote with the quill.

Still delighted from Pam's surprise Harry became even more ecstatic when Pamela started to teach him that new spell. First, they practiced the wand movement; it was sort of like a circle, but it had a sharp flick at the end. When Pam was sure he had gotten the wand movement down she carefully taught him how to pronounce the two words. By end of the small lesson Harry was very tired, but very happy that he had learned a new spell!

Exhausted, but antsy to get out of bed Harry could not get up fast enough when Pam said that they were done for the day and asked whether he would like to show her his new room. The Healer just laughed at Harry's antics and helped the boy put away all the books they had gotten out of her bag as well as making sure Harry's work was well put away and ready to hand in the next day.

When they were done, Harry made the bed he was in and Pamela finished putting away the rest of the mess they had made in the few short hours they had occupied the hospital wing with their studying.

With everything cleaned up Harry turned to Pam and the Healer gave him a gentle smile and an elbow to take.

"Come on then let's go down to your rooms. We want to be quiet when we get down there though, we don't want to wake Severus up."

Harry nodded and let Pamela slip her elbow in his and lead him out of the hospital wing.

The trip down to the dungeons was short, but by the end Harry was almost out of breath. It was still quite evident that the boy was exhausted by last nights wandering and this mornings events. Reaching the door Harry said the password, and they both entered. Remembering Pamela's earlier words Harry tiptoed to his door and opened it so Pam could enter.

Amused Pamela just followed Harry's lead and entered their quarters and then the boy's room. When they entered Harry's room Pam shut the door behind her and cast a silencing spell on the room so they would not wake Severus.

"We can talk normally Harry. I just cast a silencing spell so we do not disturb Severus."

Harry nodded, and his eyes grew bright. "Isn't my room Brilliant? I've never had something so big before!"

Pamela gave the boy a soft sad smile as she nodded. "It really is a beautiful room. Do you want to show me those animals on your bed? They look like the perfect thing to hug when you're not feeling well or are afraid."

Happily he nodded and rushed over to his bed where he picked up his small kneazle and the lion and brought them over for Pam to look at. Harry handed Lio over to Pam to inspect, but held on tightly to Shadow.

Smiling Pam picked Lio up and looked over at Harry. "And who might I ask is this fine young Lion?"

"His name is Lio."

"That is a wonderful name. Who is that in your arms there? He looks like as he can give some wonderful hugs."

"This is Shadow. Severus bought him for me."

Pamela gave him another smile and handed back Harry's Lion. "And I'm glad he did. Now, I heard something about Severus giving you a small notebook to write in. Do you want to write for a little while? I can help you with your penmanship a little more if you want."

Harry blushed and looked down a bit. "Severus spelled it so that I can only read it. Is that ok?

The Healer nodded. "Yes Harry that is fine. I can just correct your grip if I need to. Do you want to tell me what you're going to write? You don't have to, but it might help you form your words on paper if you tell me."

Slowly Harry looked down and blushed. No way was he going to tell her that he was going to write about last night and the spanking this morning! That was just too embarrassing!

Pamela just smiled knowingly. "That's ok Harry. Why don't you go and get out your journal and start working on it. Do you mind if I have a seat over here?"

Pamela pointed to the chair that was set next to Harry's desk. Severus had set it there the night before so that when Harry needed help with his homework he could come in a sit next to him as we worked. It just gave them another option other than the kitchen table.

Harry shook his head and walked over to the desk to fish out his journal and a well of ink that he could stick his quill in. Pamela took her seat next to the desk and pulled out a few more of those rubbery grippy things for Harry's quills. As soon as the boy sat down Pamela put them on the desk in front of him.

"I want you to put these on all of your quills, ok Harry. If you lose some that is ok, just tell me so I can get you some more."

Harry nodded and put one on the quill he was going to use. He then opened up his journal and started to write about everything that had happened the past day and that morning.

An hour passed this way. With Harry, writing and Pamela helping him every now and again with his grip and holding the quill up right and not slanted like Harry's wrist wanted to move. She supposed that his wrist wanted to do that because of the recent break. Maybe she should enquire more on that wrist from Don, there might still be something wrong with it.

When Harry was almost finished writing in his journal the two heard a soft knock on the door. While Pamela had put a silencing charm on the room, she made it so that they could still hear anyone who wanted to come in just incase Severus wanted to be let in.

Looking up Pamela called for the person to come in and was happy to see a more rested Severus entering the room.

Pamela then turned and patted Harry gently on the arm to gain his attention.

"I'll be right back Harry. I'm just going to talk to Severus for a moment. Keep on writing you are doing an excellent job."

Harry smiled at them both and then looked back down to his small book and continued to write away furiously. Pamela smiled at the hard working boy and got up from her chair to go and join Severus outside Harry's room.

As soon as Pamela left the room she shut the door behind her and reversed the silencing spell so Harry could not hear them talking about him. Then smiling at Severus she pointed to the couch that was in the living room

Worriedly Severus looked at Pam. "Is everything ok?"

Pamela just smiled at him. "Yes, you worry wort. I just wanted to fill you in on Harry is progressing and tell you a few new techniques that will help Harry with his studies."

Severus let out a small breath and nodded. He then followed the Healer over to the couch and sat down next to her as she faced him. Gently Pamela explained all she had observed while she had been working with Harry and everything they had accomplished. She also told him what tricks Harry had learned today to help him read and formulate his ideas for his essays as well of what he could do to further enforce these habits.

Quietly throughout Pamela's expiation Severus either nodded his head or jotted the idea on the pad of paper he had conjured up so that he could soak up all of what the Healer was telling him.

When she finished her expiation of how Harry was doing in his studies Pam gave Severus a kind smile and a questioning look.

"Do you have any questions or want to know anything else?"

Severus shook his head, but then a thought struck his head. "You said something about Harry's wrist and how he holds his quill? Could it be because of his other arm in a sling? He could feel a little awkward at the moment and be compensating for not being able to hold that paper down with his hand or something."

Pamela gave a small nod. "I had thought of that, but the last time I worked with him I could see him fighting to stay in the position Don had placed his hand in. These grips will help keep his fingering and if possible when you see his hand leaning try to straighten it or remind him. As you know my Healing specialty is with learning disabilities so I will have to ask Don who has more practical experience to examine his wrist again. I don't think there is anything wrong, but it won't hurt to check him over again."

Again, Severus nodded and then jutted is head out towards the door Harry was in. "Otherwise how does Harry seem to you. Was he worried about anything or act strange in any way?"

The Healer reached out and patted Severus on the hand. "Don't worry so much Severus. Harry is doing just fine. To answer your question though, no he did not act strange or worried. You did the right thing this morning. Setting boundaries for him was a smart decision and I really am glad you enforced his boundaries. If you had not he might be, no scratch that, he would be in worse shape right now. He is going to push his boundaries though, and see just how far you will let him push. Don't be surprised if he acts out soon, just treat him the way you have been. Kind, but firm."

Severus sighed and nodded. He knew that Harry might act out to see how far he could take things. Children put in new situations often did that, but he had hoped that Harry would just skip passed that phase. Having a Healer tell him that Harry might go though that phase though washed that hope right out of his mind.

Seeing the first signs of worry creep up into Severus eyes Pamela reached out again and patted his hand again. "I did not tell you that so that you could worry Severus, just so that you could be prepared if he does act out."

Watching Severus for a few moments in silence Pamela decided that the worry was not going to go away ant time soon so it just might be best for her to move from the subject entirely. Maybe that would help the man calm down.

"Now, Don is coming by tomorrow to check out the bite on Harry's arm so I will just ask him to check out his wrist while he is at it. It's not urgent so I don't want you to worry and bedsides Don, and I have a dinner tonight that he is not going to miss no matter what! If I have to drag that man out of the office by his ear I will just to get him to just one dinner! How hard can it be to make one dinner or at least call if you are not going to make it! I mean I waited there for more than an hour! I understand that it was an emergency, but he could had at least let me know he was not going to make it!"

By the end of Pam's little rant Severus had a hand over his mouth and was trying with all his mite to not laugh. He was failing though, the thought of Don being dragged out by his ear was just too funny to imagine. Obviously, Pam was too lost in her rant to really remember just who she was talking to. Severus didn't stop her though, he just sat back and imagined all the painful scenarios the woman painted forth with her words. It was just to entertaining to stop her, plus it would be excellent black mail for Don later on.

Seeming to finally realize where she was Pam put her hand over her mouth and turned wide eyes to look at Severus. "You are not to utter a word of any of what I just said to anyone, understand? If you do..."

Anyone who thought Severus looked scary when he was threatening people would have melted into a puddle at Pam's feet with the look she sent Severus. All of Severus's thoughts of blackmail went out of the window the minute Pam threw him that look. He was just beginning to see what a scary witch she could be when provoked.

"I...I won't say anything."

Pam smiled at the man in front of her. "That is a very smart move Severus. Now why don't you go and see Harry and I will take my leave."

Severus nodded and watched as the woman got off his couch and walked to Harry room to undo the wards she had placed. What surprised both the Healer and Severus though was when she opened the door to say her farewells to Harry he jumped out his chair and gave her a one armed hug. As soon as she recovered from her startled state she hugged him back until he pulled away from her to look up into her face.

"Thank you for helping me with my schoolwork."

Gently smiling she patted the boy on the shoulder. "It's no problem Harry. I am just glad that I can help you. I have to go now, but I will be back tomorrow so I can help you with anything that gives you trouble."

Harry nodded and gave the witch one last hug before she left through the floo. After the Healer left Severus came over and draped his arm around Harry's shoulders.

"Are you ready for a little dinner Harry?"

Harry nodded happily. "Yes Daddy. Can we have turkey?"

Severus smiled and ruffled his boy's hair. "I think that can be arranged as long as you eat all your vegetables as well. They make you grow nice and strong."

"Ok."

"Go wash your hands then and get yourself ready. I'll order the food."

As Harry nodded he rushed over to the bathroom and quietly closed the door behind him.

The rest of the night passed quietly for the two. They shared a very good meal where Severus actually ate a decent portion, after Don's potion that is, and Harry ate more than he thought was capable. After they were finished, to Severus's joy Harry opened up a bit and told him of what he had written in his journal and all he had learned that day from Pam.

While Harry was calming down to a somewhat regular life or at least a bit more normal than it had been, back at the Burrow Draco Malfoy was being shown his new home. As soon as they had flooed back to their house Draco had practicality attached himself to Arthur. If it was not such a death grip and obvious that the poor boy was afraid, it would have been cute to see the twelve-year old act this way.

Surprisingly Arthur had somehow managed to pry Draco's fingers from his robes, but the boy did not leave his side to explore as a normal child would. Instead, the two walked through the house together, the older wizard showing the younger where everything was and where he was going to sleep.

Bill, they're oldest had moved out the year before as had Charlie the second oldest so their room happened to be free. They had promised that Percy could move there and have his own room, but they were sure that he would understand that Draco was in need of it more. Initially, they wanted the young boy bunk up with Ron who was his age, but then they thought of how he had acted in the hospital wing and had thought this was the better route. It would also give Draco a sanctuary to escape to if he felt the need.

When they entered the room Draco was surprised to see a trunk of his stuff from home at the edge of his bed with a small while envelope on top of it. Confusion evident he turned and shot a questioning look at Arthur.

Arthur sighed and led the boy to sit on his new bed. Sitting down next to him Arthur made sure that Draco was paying close attention before he spoke and tried to explain.

"Your mother talked to the Headmaster after she left you in the hospital wing. Se arranged for your things to be sent here by a house elf. She thought that as soon as your father heard of this new arrangement he would destroy your things so she sent them here for you to use instead. That letter on top of that trunk is from her. If you want I can be here while you read it or I can leave and give you some privacy. It is whatever you feel comfortable with."

Ever since Arthur had mentioned the trunk and even before Draco's glance could not be pried away from the trunk of his things and especially that letter. With his eyes still far away Draco nodded and muttered something like "you can be here." to Arthur.

The man just nodded and reached over to grab the letter. Carefully he handed the envelope to the boy and watched as shaky hands opened it to view the contents.

Dear Draco,

I am sorry that everything has happened as it has, but this is for the best. Severus is right you need to get away from your father; he has hurt you too much already. I would have acted sooner, but I must apologize I was looking out for my own interests more than yours.

I am also sorry that I am not leaving your father with you. This I am doing for you and hope someday you will understand. You see if I left with you; your father would not rest until we were found and "punished". I cannot do that to you, my little snake. You are much safer without me there.

Promise me that you will behave for whoever takes you in. The Headmaster will not tell me where you are for your safety, and I cannot blame him. This will also be my last letter to you, and I beg you not to send me any. I do not want your father finding anything and tracking them to where you are.

Make me proud my little snake and excel in life. I am sure one day we will be reunited again. Until then I love you with all my heart.

Mother

By the end of his mothers, letter Draco was looking down with tears filling his eyes. Seeing the impending tears Arthur was glad that Draco had allowed him to stay while he read his letter. Carefully he placed an arm around Draco's shoulders and held him close as the first as many sobs escaped his young body.

Almost a half hour passed by as Draco calmed down with the help of Arthur. When the most of the tears had fled his body the man next to him produced a handkerchief for him to use, but instead of just handing it to him the man gently began to clean his face for him. A gesture no one had ever done for him; it felt nice to be cared for.

"Do you want to talk about that letter or do you just want to lie down for a bit?"

Still somewhat in a daze Draco looked down at the letter he was still holding. "This is really happening isn't it?"

The man nodded and patted the boy's shoulder gently. "It is Draco, but we are here for you and always will be."

Nodding Draco let the letter fall to the floor. "I..I think I need to lie down for a little bit."

"Ok then Draco. There is a blanket right here for you and don't worry about unpacking right now, Molly will help you with that later."

Again, the boy nodded and let Arthur help him up onto the bed. Arthur then picked the letter up off the floor and set it on the desk gently. He knew the boy would want to keep that letter even if it was a painful memory.

"Have a nice rest and I'll come up to get you for dinner later. If you need or want anything just come get Molly or myself and we will help you all we can. Molly is going to Ginny later on so don't be surprised if you see her."

As Draco's eyes closed, Arthur pulled up the blanket over his new found son. He then crossed to the door closing it behind him and went to see whether Molly had brought home their other child yet.

A few hours later Draco woke up with a start. He had one of those nightmares again. With all the hustle and bustle of him leaving his home, and moving in with the Weasleys it seemed that his original problem had been forgotten.

Sitting up he rubbed his sleepy eyes and looked around the room. He was now just taking in the state of the room he was in; he had been too absorbed in the letter before he had fallen asleep.

The room was quite a bit smaller than his old room, but it was more homy and a lot less stiff. It was strange even though he had only been here a few short hours he felt more at home in this room than he ever had at his parent's home. There, the walls had been chilly shades of silver and gray with a hard bed in the corner. This room though was painted in warm creams and browns and he had to admit that this was one of the most comfortable beds he had ever slept in.

Slipping out of the bed he quietly padded over to the trunk at the end of the bed. Carefully opening it he saw that his mother had not only packed his clothing, but had packed his childhood treasures as well.

There were only a few toys, but they were the ones his mother knew that he held dear. When he had turned ten his father had declared him too old for these small toys and had threatened to burn them if he did not throw them away first. Carefully his mother had taken them and had hidden them for him so that one day he could have them again. It was better than knowing that he would never be able to see his treasures again.

Picking up the teddy bear he hugged it close to his chest smelling in the sent of his mother's perfume that still lingered on the toy. Taking in a deep breath and after holding it for a moment he let it out as he brought the bear to his bedside table. Carefully he placed his beloved bear so that he rested on the wall and went back to his trunk.

Bending down again he took out the remaining toys from his trunk and brought them to sit on the shelf that was above his bed. Carefully placing the yo-yo, shrunken set of blocks and the shrunken baby broom Draco made sure that every item was pushed back far enough so that it would not fall or be knocked about in any way.

When he was sure his few things were safe he sat back on his bed and admired his work. Just then there was a soft knock on his door startling him, he had not expected anyone to come up to see him.

Quietly he gave the person behind the door permission for them to enter and swung his legs over the edge of the bed so that he would be more presentable to his guest.

Opening the door Molly came in with a small tray of tea and cookies for them to share. She had a charm on each of the rooms so that she would know whether the occupant was asleep or awake. Not so that she could spy on her children, she rarely glanced at it, but so that if she could make sure she was not disturbing them if she chose to knock on their door.

Smiling she came in and placed the tray next to the teddy bear on Draco's bedside table. She then sat sown in the available desk chair she pulled out from underneath the desk.

"How was your rest Draco?"

Draco shrugged his shoulders. "Ok, I guess."

With a small frown Molly decided to inquire further. "Just ok? Was anything wrong dear?"

Again Draco shrugged, but made no further move to comment.

Molly just gave a small sigh and realized that now might not be the best time to push for answers. They would come out sooner or later, and then they would be able to help him. Putting a smile back on her face she nodded her head. "That's ok dear. If anything does bother you all, you have to do is tell us. Now, I see you have already decided to unpack a bit. I brought you up some cookies and tea and thought I could help you if you want. How does that sound?"

"Ok."

Molly smiled at the boy again and poured some tea into two cups. "Do you want any cream or sugar?"

"A little cream please and can I have a cookie?"

"Of course you can dear, that's why I brought them. These are some of my favorites to make. Maybe you and I can bake some of them sometime."

Draco nodded his head and accepted both the cookie and cup of tea that was being offered to him. "Thank you."

"You are very welcome Draco. Does your little friend here want a cookie as well? He could use a little fatting up as well."

The boy blushed and looked down at his lap while he shook his head. "No, and it's ok to treat him like another toy. That's all he is, an inanimate object and it's immature to speak with it as if it had feelings."

While Draco was telling her about his bear she could just hear it being said in his father's voice. What a cruel man. Telling a child not to play with their stuffed animal.

Molly warmed her voice up a notch and gently placed a hand on Draco's knee. "You know Draco, here in this house it's all right to act silly and talk to our toys. It can actually make you feel better sometimes. I can tell you right now my doll Sally has heard many secrets no one else knows and because I tell her things I would not tell anyone else my chest feels lighter and I feel better. I think your teddy bear there would be more than accommodating for that job. Do you want to give it a go?"

Draco nodded as Molly placed the bear in his lap, but then looked back up at Molly.

"What do I say to him?"

"Well, you can tell him anything you want. Why don't you start by telling him how good those cookies are?" Molly smiled at the boy and moved the cup of tea away a bit so it was not knocked over.

Draco looked at the bear and told him how the cookies were cooked just the way he liked them; chewy in the middle, but crunchy on the outside. He also told the bear how he had never baked cookies before, and he thought that it would be fun.

That was a far as the conversation went, but Molly was pleased. It was a start. She really hoped that Draco would talk with the bear more often, maybe about not such pleasant topics. Don and Severus had said that the boy would likely not open up to any adults about his past easily and that it would be good for him to try to open up to a toy or write down his feelings. Severus had pipped up that Draco did not enjoy writing and it would be better for him to talk to a stuffed animal of sorts. That way he might be able to play for a few more years before he saw himself too old to do so.

As soon as Severus had mentioned a stuffed animal she had one picked out in her mind and was actually planning on giving it to him this evening. Fortunately, though his mother had packed him one of his own. For while the plushy she had picked out for him would suite him, it was old and had a few tears in it.

Pretty soon the two had finished their tea time and Draco was beginning to feel comfortable around Molly. There was something about her that just told him that everything was going to be ok, kind of like Arthur.

Molly then helped the boy unpack the rest of his clothing and belongings and place them on shelves in his closet. She also took the desecrate motions of looking at the tags to see what size the boy wore for future reference. She knew well how boy's shot up like bean stocks and was even preparing to have to buy new clothing for him.

When they had finished putting everything away it was almost time for dinner, and they were both feeling pretty hungry. So they made their way down to the kitchen, and Molly let the boy help her with the food. Normally, she would make him sit and rest while she worked, but she could tell that he just didn't have that in him. He seemed to genuinely want to help her and enjoying doing so.

With dinner on the table Molly called her daughter and Arthur down for dinner and was quite please when they all sat down that Ginny and Draco began to talk about school amicability. She really hopped that Draco would fit in well with her brood, and things seemed to be off to a good start.