Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
The rest of the weekend went smoothly for Severus and Harry. Harry was a bit clingier than normal, but Don said that was normal for a child in his situation and even if Severus didn't admit it aloud he quite liked the close contact with his son. Well, except when Harry would become fearful every time Severus had to attend to one of his snakes and had to leave for a little while. Then, it had been awful. For when he came back Harry clung to him with tears in his eyes saying that he thought he had left him for good.
Story books
The rest of the weekend went smoothly for Severus and Harry. Harry was a bit clingier than normal, but Don said that was normal for a child in his situation and even if Severus didn't admit it aloud he quite liked the close contact with his son. Well, except when Harry would become fearful every time Severus had to attend to one of his snakes and had to leave for a little while. Then, it had been awful. For when he came back Harry clung to him with tears in his eyes saying that he thought he had left him for good.

With many reassurances and hugs Harry would be fine, but still it disturbed Severus just how quickly Harry forgot those kind words. He knew that with all those years of abuse it would take a lot of time for Harry to learn to trust again, but still it was hard for the man to see Harry like that. It broke a little part of his heart every time.

Albus's weekend on the other hand was quite busy. He had received a letter from Remus stating that he had no desire to be near Sirius Black after what he had done to the Potters, but he would come back home to see Harry. He was dismayed that Harry had been treated poorly by his relatives, but was immensely glad that Severus had seen the signs and had taken him in. He had always known Severus had a good heart under his snarky attitude.

As soon as Remus had gotten to Hogwarts he had wanted to see Harry, but Albus had other plans. He had told the man that Harry and Severus needed a quiet weekend after everything they had been through, and everything they would be going through. Reluctantly the man had agreed and made a vow not to disturb the two until Albus said that it was the right time. Albus had then told Remus all of what had happened with Sirius although Remus said that he truly did not want to hear anything about him.

After many soothing words and convincing Remus finally believed what Albus was telling him. The revelation did not come easily though the man had broken down in heaving sobs for what had been done to his friend, and it had taken almost an hour to calm him.

When their meeting had finally ended Albus had set Remus up in a small cottage by the beach to relax in. He knew the man was having a hard time financially due to his monthly problem and he knew that when Sirius was let out it would be the perfect spot to start his recovery. It was heavily warded against self injury, something that was typical of someone who stayed in Azkaban, and was peaceful and calm. He remembers that Severus had quite liked that house when he was recovering.

After Remus was settled with a full fridge of food and a house elf to cook for him, Albus had again set to the task of freeing Sirius. The Ministry had yet again set back the trial date hoping that by the time the trial rolled around everyone would forget about it completely. So when the date did come around the public would not make a fuss if the trial went the opposite way they wished. They still wanted the poor man locked up to hide their mistake, and it seemed that they were about to do anything they thought would achieve that goal.

It was unfortunate for them that Albus was on a mission to free the innocent man though. He pulled a few more strings here and there and was able to move the trial back up to next week. He had even taken, with permission mind you, a vial of Severus's strongest truth serums to use on the man. When he was on a mission nothing could stop him from getting things done properly.

That Sunday though Don had payed him another visit. The first visit on Friday he was able to fool the Healer into thinking that it was just passing fatigue that had taken him those few nights when he had fallen asleep at the dinner table, but this time the bags under Albus's eyes spoke louder than whatever he might say.

Right away Don had given the man a glare he knew Severus would have been proud of and pointed directly to the living room for a chat. Sighing Albus complied and sat down on the soft couch he had not visited for some days. It was amazing how one forgot how comfortable something was when they were so very tired.

Expertly Don then pried out everything that was troubling the old man and set it neatly on the table before them. They spoke for long hours about how much Albus had on his plate at the moment and how he had tried to delegate some of the work to Minerva, but found that she didn't really have time for it either.

With a sigh Don had concluded that he could help with some of the paperwork and suggested to ask one of the other staff members if they could take over some of his work. Reluctantly Albus had agreed to ask Filius at dinner that night. The older wizard might not like it, but he knew the Healer was right. He did need help.

Monday rolled around too quickly for everyone's taste, but especially for Harry and Severus.

To wake Harry that morning Severus gently shook Harry's shoulder while he smiled sadly down at him. He had slipped into Severus's bed again last night needing the closeness that was offered. Again, Severus had allowed the boy to snuggle up to him. How could he refuse Harry when he stood there in his pajamas looking so hopeful?

Again, Severus gently shook Harry's shoulder to try to wake him. This time though he was rewarded with two sleepy eyes looking up at him. Smiling Severus brushed back the hair that was covering the boy's face.

"Good morning Harry."

Harry smiled at Severus as he placed his hand on top of Severus's. "Good morning daddy."

"Are you ready to get up Harry?"

Slowly Harry nodded his head and removed his hand from the man's.

"Ok then, why don't you go take your shower. Madam Lark said that she would be by around ten so that gives us plenty of time for a nice breakfast."

Harry moved to sit up as he nodded. When he was sitting up on the edge of Severus's bed though the man could tell that Harry was trying hard to keep his emotion in check. Sighing slightly Severus sat down next to Harry and wrapped his arm around the boy.

"It will be ok Harry. You'll be home before you know it."

Harry turned slightly and buried his face in Severus's robes. Closing his eyes for a moment Severus sighed and started to rub soothing circles into the boy's back.

"What is it Harry?"

"I...I don't want to leave."

Still, patting Harry's back Severus set out to soothe the boy.

"It's only a week Harry, and you can talk to me whenever you want. Can you make a promise for me?"

Harry looked up from where he was still clutching to his daddy and gave a small nod.

"Try to make the best of this. I know you don't want to go, but think of it as an adventure. You get to meet new people and see new things and when you do you can tell me all about it when you write."

The boy nodded again and very quietly answered Severus. "Ok daddy."

"Good. Now go take your shower."

Harry nodded against his side and then scooted more to the edge of the bed and then slipped off. Quietly he padded off to the bathroom while Severus watched him with some worry. He truly did hope this week went well. He didn't know whether Harry could take any more hurt than had already been through.

Sighing Severus shook himself from that train of thought and got off his bed to get ready for his day. He really had not been looking forward to this day, but he couldn't just forget what was going to happen today. The social worker was going to come and take Harry away from him.

While Severus was getting ready in his bedroom Harry had gone into the bathroom, but instead of turning on the shower and hopping in he closed the toilet seat and sat down letting his head rest in his hands. Slowly and without realizing it tears began to escape from his eyes as he struggled to remember that he was only going to be away for a week, just one week.

When Harry had gained a little more control over his emotions he stood and wiped the remainders of his tears onto his sleeve. He then turned and went about his business of taking his shower. He hoped that the tears would be hidden by the warm water. He didn't want to worry his daddy any more than he had already.

After taking his time bathing and getting himself ready for the day, Harry walked out of the bathroom and went to his room to look over his things one last time. He wanted to make sure that he had everything he would need for the next week. He knew he could just ask Don to grab him something, but he didn't want to be a bother.

When he was sure he was all set, he walked out into the living room and spotted Severus through the door in the kitchen speaking with a house elf; more than likely ordering breakfast. Heaving a sigh Harry walked into the kitchen just as the house elf popped away, and food appeared on the table.

Turning, Severus saw the boy enter and gave him a small smile. "I thought you would like some oatmeal this morning. It will keep you full and warm for a long while."

Harry nodded and smiled at the care in Severus's voice. It felt nice to be cared for. "Sounds good daddy."

"Good. Have a seat then and dig in. There is cream in the oatmeal so if you want juice this morning you can have some instead of milk."

Harry smiled again as he saw the steaming bowl of oatmeal that had a copious amount of cream in it, and a ton of berries littered on the surface. Sitting down Harry did as Severus said and started to dig into his meal.

When they were both finished with their meal it was rolling around to the time that Madam Lark said she was coming. Slowly Severus helped Harry take his two small bags out of his room and place them near the floo so that he would be ready when the social worker came. When both bags were placed down Severus disappeared into his bedroom and left Harry sitting on the couch.

When he came back, he had the fairy tail book in his hands. Coming over to Harry he placed the book gently on Harry's lap.

"Now Harry can you do one more thing for me?"

Harry gave a small nod. He would do anything for this man.

Smiling Severus patted Harry on the knee. "While you are away I want you to read a story out of this book every night before you go to bed. Do you think you can do that?"

"Are you sure you want me to take your book daddy?"

"Yes child. That book it yours now."

Harry looked down at the book in awe. When he was being read too, he hadn't noticed just how beautiful the cover was. It looked like an older book, but it had gold swirles etched all over the cover and had a beautiful navy binding.

Still looking down Harry traced the decoration gently. "It's beautiful."

Still smiling Severus nodded. "It will make a fine addition to your collection."

Harry looked up. "Collection?"

Gently Severus again patted the boy on the knee. "Yes, I thought that when you came back next week we could take a trip to Hogsmead and look for some more books to fill your shelves."

Harry's eyes brightened. "Really?"

Slowly Severus nodded and was caught a bit off guard as Harry jumped to his feet and launched himself at him. A second later though he regained his footing and wrapped his arms firmly around Harry.

Just as Harry was getting ready to pull back the floo went off and a moment later Don stepped out. Hearing the floo Harry instead of pulling back clutched a little tighter to Severus. He had obviously thought that it was Madam Lark here to collect him.

Gently Severus patted Harry's back as Don came further into the room. "It's just Don, Harry."

Harry looked over at the Healer, but still he held onto his daddy. The man sighed a little, but let the boy do what he wished. He knew he was indulging him, but he couldn't help wanting the same closeness the boy was seeking.

"Hello Harry, Severus."

Severus nodded to the Healer as Harry rested his head on the man's chest.

"How are you two doing today?"

Severus looked down at Harry's messy hair. "I think we are doing just fine today. Just a little nervous."

The Healer nodded and looked down at Harry. "I would be nervous too, but I know I would feel better if someone I knew came with me. That's why I thought I could come with you and Madam Lark to meet your cousins."

Still, resting his head on Severus's chest Harry turned and looked at Don. "Will you stay with me for a little bit when we get there?"

Don nodded and smiled. "Until you are comfortable and settled in."

"Thank you."

"You are very welcome, Harry."

Just then he floo went off again, and Madam Lark appeared. Sighing Severus gave Harry one last hug and tried to pull away. He could not let go of Harry though as the boy's hold had only straightened.

Sighing Severus gently rubbed Harry's back. "It's time to go Harry; you have to let go."

Harry buried his face in the man's robes as he shook his head.

"Come on Harry. It will only be a week. The sooner you go, the sooner you can come back."

Again, Harry shook his head. Sighing Severus looked to Don for help, and the man reluctantly came forward to pry the boy's hands out of Severus's robes.

"Come on Harry."

Gently Don managed to remove Harry's hands, but it seemed as if Harry was not going to go easily.

"I don't want to go!"

Slowly Severus knelt down before the boy. "It will be ok Harry. I promise you."

Harry nodded and wiped away the tears from his eyes with the edge of his sleeve. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too Harry. Go with Don and Madam Lark now."

Harry nodded and launched himself on Severus again this time full of tears. Gently Severus patted his back and rubbed soothing circles. "Calm down now Harry, everything will be alright."

Harry's crying slowed down and he pulled back from Severus. "I love you daddy."

"I love you too son."

Don placed a gentle hand on Harry's shoulder, and Harry turned to him and nodded. Slowly Don picked up the boy's bags while Harry picked up the book and clutched it tightly to his chest along with his small stuffed cat he had picked out of his backpack.

Madam Lark came over and gently smiled down at the boy. "Ready to go?"

"Do I have to go?"

Sadly the social worker nodded. "I know you don't want to Harry, but I'm afraid you do have to."

Harry's head descended to his chest as he accepted the social worker's hand that rested on his back guide him to the fireplace. The next moment with some floo powder thrown, and some words said all three were now gone from Severus's rooms.

Feeling slightly nauseous when he was spit out of the floo Harry looked around his surroundings curiously. Wiping away the remaining tears and soot off himself he could not help but wonder where he was. He knew he was in a lively pub, but in what country he knew not.

Breaking him out of his thoughts Don placed a hand on his shoulder. "We are in Spain Harry. We could not floo directly to your cousin's home, but this is the pub right down the street."

Harry nodded and looked around again really taking in all the sights. The pub had a warm and inviting atmosphere. Everyone was sitting around talking to one another and every so often someone laughed at a joke that was said. Harry almost sighed in relief that no one was starring at him or at his scar.

He remembered his first time in the Leaky Cauldron and how everyone had stopped to stare at him and shake his hand. It was awful, and he wished to never experience that again.

Gently Don brought the boy out of his thoughts by giving him a small push forward. Shaking his head slightly to clear the memory of that day Harry turned back and looked at his Healer.

Don had pulled out a jacket that Severus had bought for him out of his bag and handed it to the boy.

"Put this on Harry. It gets chilly this time of years, and I don't want you to catch a chill."

Harry nodded and put on the coat. When it was all zipped up Harry took the social workers hand and let her guide him out of the pub and onto the street.

As soon as they were outside a crisp, cold wind swept across their faces and Harry was immediately glad that Don had made him put that jacket on. If it was this cold with the warm jacket, Merlin he would have been freezing without it!

Recovering from the shock of it being so chilly Harry dutiful let Don and Madam Lark lead him to where his relatives lived. As they walked Harry looked around curiously. It was quite a beautiful little village and from the sight of the people who lived here it must be a wizarding village. The buildings looked strangely like those on Diagon Ally, but with more of a Spanish flare to them. There were many shops that advertised wizarding gear such as robes, wands, potion supplies and even a small shop for where you could buy magical pets. It seemed as if this really was an amazing little village. He hoped that his relatives would be as inviting as this village seemed to be.

Walking to the end of the lane the two adults began to guide Harry down a side road and up to a large looking mansion. Harry's eyes practically bulged out of his head at the sight. He had never really seen a proper Wizarding home before besides the Burrow and the Burrow was definitely not like this.

Reaching the door Don knocked gently, but loud enough to be heard. In the next moment, the door was opened by a small house elf.

"Master and Mistress have been waiting for you. Right this way."

The three shared a look, but followed the elf into the house and into what looked to be a sitting room. Don set the bags down by the couch, and quickly the house elf picked them up and disappeared with a snap. Startled Harry looked where his bags once were and then up at Don.

"Where did he take my bags?"

Don smiled down at the boy while he guided him to sit down on the couch. "I'm sure he just took them to your room. Don't worry Harry."

The boy nodded and leaned into his Healer's side seeking comfort. He was not ready to be away from the only people who had shown him care so far. He knew he could write to his daddy and call Don whenever he wanted to see him, but still he was not liking this.

Sensing Harry's nervousness and fear Don placed a gentle arm around Harry's shoulders and started to send the boy a slow stream of calming magic.

Just as Madam Lark was sitting down on Harry's other side, a stern looking woman entered the room with a tall kind looking man behind her. To Harry, they seemed like an odd looking couple. The woman must be four-foot tall, but the man had to be at least six foot if not more.

As they came in Don stood up picking Harry up and setting him in front of him while gently setting both hands on his shoulders. Beside them it appeared that Madam Lark did the same.

"Mr. and Mrs. Diaz thank you for letting us into your home. My name is Don Patterson, you have met Madam Lark and this here is Harry."

The woman came forward and looked Harry up and down. "He will do. Your room is upstairs and to the left. I trust you can stay out of trouble."

With that, the woman left the room leaving the three in front of them in a stupor. Neither one really knew what had just happened. Just as Harry leaned further back into Don, the man stepped forward and smiled at the three.

"Please forgive my wife. She is not to fond of children, but I am sure with time she will learn to love Harry here. I can already tell he is a fine young man."

Don smiled at the man. "He is indeed a fine young man. Why don't you and I have a chat while Mrs. Lark and Harry go unpack and get settled?"

The man nodded. "That sounds like a fine idea. If you have any trouble at all just call Mary the house elf. She will be happy to assist."

The social worker nodded and reached out to take hold of Harry's hand. "Come on Harry. I know Don will not leave without saying goodbye."

Harry nodded, but reluctantly let go of Don's robes. Unconsciously he had grabbed onto them for comfort when the new man had started talking. The boy was not receiving good vibes from him; it was rather the opposite. He really hoped that his gut was wrong, but he knew deep in his heart his gut had never lied to him before.

With that thought Harry left the room with the social worker glad that he was leaving the man's presence, but sad to be leaving Don.

Back in the room Don had sat back down on the couch and Mr. Diaz sat in the chair across from him.

"Mr. Diaz, has Madam Lark informed you of Harry's medical problems?"

"Please call me Mark. And medical problems? He looks quite healthy."

Don shook his head. "You must understand that while I might have healed his visible wounds there are still ones that cannot be seen by the naked eye."

The man nodded. "And what is wrong with the boy?"

"He has nightmares, quite graphic ones. I have a stock of calming potions for you when he wakes. For the last few nights Severus has been Occluding his mind for him before he goes to sleep and that seems to help, but I don't know if you know how to?"

The man shook his head. "Sadly I do not know. We should give him a calming potion after a dream?"

Don gave a small nod. "Yes, you will see he becomes quite upset after a nightmare and cannot calm on his own. That also leads to another of his problems. Harry has a weak bladder. He sometimes cannot control his bladder and wets himself. Especially during a bad nightmare. You must remember it is not his fault. He has been through a lot and is doing his best to heal."

The man looked away. "So he wets the bed."

Don narrowed his eyes at the man. "Yes, but only under great duress from nightmares."

Mark nodded and looked over at the Healer. "Is there anything else I should know?"

Not really knowing where this man's thought were going Don nodded. "Yes, before he eats anything he must have a glass of milk or a thing of yogurt. The lining of his stomach has been eaten away and needs something to coat the inside or else he will throw up anything he eats."

Nodding Mark looked thoughtful. "What else?"

Although at first glance this man seemed to be friendly and kind, but Don was beginning to see another side of him. The way he was reacting to the news that Harry had issues spoke far louder than words. Don vowed that he would be back here tomorrow morning to make sure Harry was alright. He really wished he could spend the night with Harry, but his request to stay with Harry this week had been shot down by the ministry. They wanted Harry to have 'quality' time with them.

"There is no guide to children Mark, I cannot tell you everything there is to know about Harry. I can only tell you of what troubles him medically everything else you will have to find out on your own."

Again, Mark nodded his head. "I understand."

"Don got up. "Good. I should go make sure Harry is settled in, and then we shall take our leave."

Mark got up as well and walked the Healer to the stair case. "As you heard my wife say. The bedroom is to the left."

The Healer nodded as he started up the stairs to see Harry. When he reached the door, he peaked in the saw Harry sitting on a rather large bed looking down at his feet with the social worker sitting by his side trying to calm him.

Knowing Harry was in a delicate state the Healer came in quietly and sat by Harry's other side. Gently he pulled the boy to his side as he had seen Severus do on many occasions and then sent the boy waves of calming magic.

"Do you want to tell me how you are feeling Harry?"

Harry rested his head on the man's shoulder and shook his head. "I just want my daddy."

Don pulled the boy a little closer to him. "I know you do Harry. Why don't you open up that journal that your daddy gave you and write to him?"

Harry nodded, but made no move to get up and retrieve the book. He was too busy clutching that small cat plushy to his chest. So the social worker got up and retreated the book and a quill for him to write with. Gently she placed it in his lap and tried to hand him the quill.

"Here you go Harry."

Slowly and hesitantly the boy reached out with one hand and took hold of the quill. Then with the same hand awkwardly opened up the book to the first page. He then slowly wrote to Severus and hoped that the man would write back.

"I miss you daddy."

In just a few moments, Harry felt the book grow warm and he looked down as the words appeared on the page.

"I miss you too Harry. How is your new room? Do you want to tell me about it?"

Don looked down at the journal and smiled knowing that now Harry had a way to communicate with Severus he would feel a bit more comfortable here even if he was still a little afraid.

"I think it's time that Mrs. Lark and I leave now. Are you alright with the Harry?"

Harry looked up at the Healer with fear in his eyes. "Please don't leave me."

Don wrapped his arms around the boy. "Hey now. We are not leaving forever. Remember you can call me anytime you want with your pendent, and I will be back tomorrow."

Harry nodded and finally relaxed into Don's embrace. Over the boy's head though, Don shot a worried glance at Mrs. Lark and she shared his look. They knew Harry was going to be upset about staying with other people, but they had not expected the boy to beg them to stay after he had communicated with Severus. Even more disconcerting was the Harry was now crying softly into Don's robes.

Gently Don pulled the boy back a bit so that he could look Harry in the eyes. "Why are you crying Harry?"

"They don't like me and I want to go home. I want to be with my daddy."

Pulling Harry back into an embrace Don sighed and started to rub soothing circles onto his back. "They don't know you Harry. I am sure that once they get to know you they will love you very much. I know you want to go back and see Severus, but right now you have to stay here. I promise you everything will be alright."

Harry gave a small sniffle as he looked up at Don. "You promise?"

"Yes Harry I promise. Now why don't you go sit at the desk and talk to your daddy. I am sure he wants to hear all about this lovely room and the town you are in."

Harry gave a small nod and got off the bed with both his stuffed cat and book in hand. Quickly he made his way over to the desk and sat down opening the book and sitting down. While he was doing so Don came up from behind him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder giving it a small squeeze.

"I'll see you in the morning Harry."

Still with a few stray tears in his eyes Harry gave a small nod clutching his plushy to his chest.

Sighing Don knew there was little more he could do for the boy so he beckoned the social worker and as they left they shut the door quietly behind them.

In just a few moments of looking down at the book before him, Harry saw worried writing as the book grew warm.

"Harry? Are you alright?"

The boy gave a small smile at the concern etched in those words. He then picked his quill back up and started to write.

"I'm ok. Don and Madam Lark just left."

Again, the book grew warm as Severus wrote to him.

"So you are all settled in? Why don't you tell me about your room?"

Harry looked around. He hadn't really noticed what was in this room before, he was too much in a daze as he watched the social worker put away his things. Looking around now though, he saw how big this room was. It was dressed in dark blues and had books all along the walls. It was a nice room, but it didn't hold the same warmth, and welcoming feelings his room back at Severus's did.

"It's nice. Everything is in shades of blue and there is a big bed for me to sleep in."

"What about your cousins? Can you tell me about them?"

Harry hugged the stuffed toy a little closer to him as he thought of the cold look in that woman's eyes.

"I don't know daddy. They don't seem to like me very much. Mrs. Diaz, I don't even know her first name, kept giving me cold looks. Mr. Diaz kept smiling, but it wasn't kind...it was kind of scary."

A few minutes passed as Severus thought of what to say to comfort his son, but it was hard when what was being said put a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach.

"I'm sure as soon as they get to know you better they will care about you very much. You need to tell me or Don if anything happens, ok?"

Harry picked up his quill and wrote what he knew he would never do. He didn't want to be perceived as weak after all. "I promise I will daddy."

"Good. Now it's almost luch time. Why don't you see when lunch is and have something to eat?"

Harry agreed as his stomach rumbled and wrote so in his journal. Then closing the book he kept his small toy clutched close and padded to the doorway to go ask when lunch as.

Walking down the hallway Harry could not help, but think it was creepy. The portraits he hadn't noticed were there before sent scowls at him and said things that scared Harry immensely. They sounded so much like his Uncles and Aunts words that it frightened him.

Shivering slightly Harry continued down to the where he thought the kitchen was.

Reaching the double door, he hesitated slightly before pushing them open. When he did, he saw four house elves running around preparing what looked to be a great meal. As soon as he entered the room though all four elves stopped what they were doing and stared at the boy. The one that he had met earlier though popped in front of him as the other four started working at an even faster pace.

"Boy is to stay in his room. Boy must not disturb anyone. Food will be brought to boy later."

Harry looked at the elf confused. "I have to stay in my room? What about lunch?"

"Master said boy is to stay in room at all times. Now go back to room."

The elf popped away, and the boy reluctantly marched back up to his room. While he walked down the hallway he couldn't help, but wonder just how long he was going to be confined to his room. From the Dursley's he was use to being in a room for weeks on end, but he really hoped that was not going to be the case here.

Reaching his room he closed the door behind him and lay down on his bed curling his knees into his chest. Holding his small cat close to his chest he closed his eyes and tried to think of happy things. About, how much he loved his daddy and it would only be a week until he would be home. Just one week.

When Harry woke next, he was being violently shaken from a nightmare. Opening his eyes he saw two angry ones looking at him.

"You little brat! How dare you interrupt our meal with your silly nightmare! Not your fault my ass. You are weak and pathetic, let me teach you just want happens to weak little boys who misbehave!"

Harry curled protectively covering his head with his arms and pulling his knees up to protect his stomach. He didn't know what this man was going to do to him, but he didn't like the sound of it. The next instant told Harry just what was going to happen though as he heard a belt being taken out of a set of pants.

Curling in on himself a little tighter Harry felt the first lash on his back. Much training from his Uncle had taught him how to bite back a scream so he bit his lip and hoped beyond all hope the pain would not last.

It seemed it was not Harry's day though. Mike Diaz stood there lashing the poor boy with the end of his belt for many minutes frustrated that he could not make the boy scream as he wanted him too. Finally, wen his arm grew tired the man lowered the belt one last time on the child, but then reached forward and grabbed the small toy that had been Harry's one source of comfort.

"You want to see your little toy here in one piece again? You won't tell anyone what happened here. Understand?"

Harry whimpered, but said nothing. Frustrated with the boy the man slapped Harry soundly on the back of the head.

"I said understand?"

Biting back a sob Harry nodded. "Y...yes...sir."

"Good. Maybe if you're good this week you'll get this little piece of trash back. If you don't, it'll go in the fire. You hear?"

Harry again nodded his head not wanting that smack to his head. With that Harry heard his door being slammed closed and a locking charm being said from outside.

When he was sure no one was there to hear him, he let out some silent sobs that racked his body. He hurt everywhere, and he missed Shadow and his daddy. He just wanted to be home in his own bed where his daddy said he would protect him as long as he lived.

Harry lied there in pain and crying for a long while until he felt a cold damp patch on the front of his pants. He had wet himself again, and he now had no way of cleaning himself off. He was surly going to have a rash later from not washing.

Carefully Harry got off his bed and moved to where he saw the witch put away his things earlier. Very slowly as to not cause any more pain Harry grabbed a new set of pants and underwear. He slowly slid off the ones he was wearing and put on the new once. He was grateful his daddy had made him pack extra underwear and pants just in case this happened. He was sure he had at least enough for two weeks without washing anything.

When he was done changing Harry went over to his desk and opened the book. Deciding not to sit down because it hurt too much Harry picked up the quill and began to write to Severus.

"Daddy?"

At that one word a few traditions tears escaped the boy's eyes and landed on the page making small water marks.

"Harry? What is the matter child?"

Harry wiped his tears on his sleeve and picked his quill up again.

"Nothing daddy. I just miss you."

"Is that why there are tears on the page or is there another reason? Remember you can tell me anything."

Harry nodded and wanted to tell his daddy of what had happened, but he remembered his small toy in the man's grasp. He couldn't risk his first gift from his daddy.

"I just miss you a lot daddy."

"And I miss you too child. What did you have for lunch?"

Harry bit his lip again and tasted the metallic taste of his own blood where he had bitten too hard. Suddenly, his stomach was reminding him of how hungry he really was. Should he tell his daddy he had nothing to eat yet or should he tell a small lie so he would not worry. He didn't want his daddy worrying about him after all.

Apparently, he had waited too long to reply though, and he saw a hastily scribbled message from Severus written across the page.

"Child? Did you have something to eat?"

Harry decided, he would tell a small white lie for he knew he would get something to eat later on.

"Yes daddy, we ate together in the dining room."

Apparently that answer was not enough for the potion master though as he pushed the child further. "And what did you three have for lunch?"

Biting his lip again Harry lied through his teeth. "We had turkey sandwiches."

"I'm glad to hear that Harry. I bet it was good. What are you planning on doing for the rest of the afternoon?"

Harry thought, he had not really planned anything. His back hurt too much to do much and he really had no way out of this room. He definitely would not go to sleep anytime soon so maybe he could look at that book Severus had given him.

"I was going to look at that fairy tale book you gave me."

"You were? Why don't you go and see what your cousins are doing and see whether they would like to play a game with you?"

Harry shook his head at that idea. There was no way that was happening in a million years. "I kind of just want to stay in my room. For right now."

"Alright Harry, but you have to promise me to at least try to get to know your relatives this week."

"I promise."

"Good. Now go and read your book; slowly now."

Harry sighed in relief that his daddy was not going to try to push that issue just now. "I will. I miss you daddy, and I love you."

"I miss and love you too Harry."

Harry closed his book and carefully walked over to his bed where he had placed the story book on his bedside table. Picking it up gently the boy carefully lowered himself onto the bed in a somewhat comfortable spot and opend up the book. He really hoped that week would soon get better. He really did not want to feel that belt on his back again that was for sure.