Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 24] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: When Argus Filch first met Harry, he sympathised with the young wizard who showed all signs of having no remarkable magic at all. In fact, the squib could relate to the boy and therefore decided to help him. Together, the two unmagical pair work at Hogwarts where the young orphaned boy will become intrigued by a certain Potions Professor who works there.

Rated: K+
Warnings: Neglect
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 17 Feb 2012 - Updated: 21 Aug 2013
Awards:
Story Notes:

Table of Contents

1. A Wizard Without Magic by watercrystals [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4910 words) Printer

Argus Filch is one of my favourite characters, therefore I am so pleased to finally have a story where I can really write him. I pictured Harry mopping floors during a day of 1st year classes and spotting Snape, being intrigued by him - and this fic was born. I figured, if Snape can see cruel yet underneath have a more emotional side than we know, why can't Filch also not be he appears?
I am still working out my own style of writing Filch, so this is a learning process. Any feedback you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. This story will likely start out as an AU Harry/Snape mentor fic, which may evolve into more than just that as the story goes along.

2. Hard Lessons to Learn by watercrystals [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (7142 words) Printer

Though it's a re-occurring theme for now, I wanted to focus a bit more on the consequences his upbringing with the Dursleys have on Harry and his ability to adjust to his new life. I wanted to explore this topic more than I had before, which is why he frequently compares.

To be continued...
watercrystals is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 29 members. Members who liked Unmagical also liked 1246 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5