Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 46] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: An accident leads to a discovery, a discovery that neither Harry Potter nor Professor Severus Snape can abide. Now they have to live in the same castle knowing what they know. Each of them has friends who think they should give their relationship a chance. Friends really should mind their own business. Note: The warnings seem ominous but this is not a dark story, quite the contrary. The instances that include the warned of moments will simply be briefly referred to and not minutely examined.

Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Character Death, Neglect, Rape, Suicide Themes, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 02 Mar 2012 - Updated: 05 Jan 2013
Awards:
Story Notes:
Hello Friends. Tabbybri and I (daughter and mother), began writing this story some time ago with all sorts of good intentions. Trouble is, we bit off more than the story could chew. Over the months since we last updated we’ve discussed it often, wanting to put up the next chapter ASAP. But we couldn’t manage to fit all the different growing plot lines into the story in a coherent way. It’s been obvious for a while now that we needed to change some of the major elements of the story. Tonight, we bit the bullet and began an extensive rewrite. The basic elements will remain the same, but the side stories will be changed in order to help us focus on what’s important. We hope you like the new and improved version and we respectfully request (beg) that you review to let us know if we’re on the right track. Thank you for your understanding.
Table of Contents

1. The Accident by KimSpiritTalks [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4707 words) Printer

2. The First Reaction by KimSpiritTalks [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarstar (4003 words) Printer

A note to those who read chapter one when it was first uploaded. We didn't realize it was missing quite a bit of the new changes when we uploaded it. After a few tantrums and many attempted uploads, we finally figured it out and the new version is up now. If you're interested, please reread chapter one. We hope you'll like the changes. Here is chapter two, hopefully with all the changes intact.

3. The Next Reaction by KimSpiritTalks [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3958 words) Printer

Hello, Friends, we haven't been doing well with updates, that's obvious, but life has now settled into a workable pattern, and one would hope that emotions fall into an even keel. If that holds true, our story will once again become a priority in our lives.

We remember back probably two years now, before the massive first twelve chapters re-write, that we had a most amusing mistake in the text. When you get to the part in this chapter in Madam Pomfrey is bustling about, please bring to mind a picture of Madam Pomfrey bustling about on the tray, rather than in front of it. Maybe that won't send the rest of the world into hysterics, but after we realized what we'd written it took the rest of the evening for our cheeks to stop aching from laughing so hard at the idea of a tiny Madam Pomfrey bustling about on the tray next to Harry's bed.

We hope you enjoy our re-write of chapter three. Stay tuned for chapter four.

4. The Consequences by KimSpiritTalks [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5347 words) Printer

5. The Rite of Guardianship by KimSpiritTalks [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (5735 words) Printer

6. The Accommodations by KimSpiritTalks [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (5905 words) Printer

I’d apologize for the wait but I expect you’re tired of hearing that. I truly am sorry, though, for what it’s worth.

We’ve started on chapter 7 and intend to keep going at a better clip now. Don’t you just love New Year Resolutions? Still, the writing bug is back and I’m thrilled to feel it again. The first ten chapters of this story were written years ago and are now being rewritten. After these ten we have a full outline with many, many, funny and wonderful plans for our Hogwarts friends.

We hope you’ll stay with us for the long haul. Please review and let us know what you think, we’d really appreciate it.

To be continued...
KimSpiritTalks is the author of 0 other stories.
TabbyBri is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 59 members. Members who liked I Do Not Want This also liked 1447 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5