Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 45] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Ancient magic says that if an innocent magical child is in danger, The Fates may choose to send down two adults: one to guide the child to a guardian, and one to guide the guardian to the child. When the two guides meet again, they will be brought back to the Afterworld, and the child will be left with its destined guardian. No form of authority can come in between this Fated bond.

Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year Chapters: 6
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Resorting, Runaway Word count: 12356
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, James, Lily Read: 25454
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 07 May 2012 - Updated: 12 May 2012
Awards:
Story Notes:

This story is AU.  It takes place in a world where Voldemort was destroyed in the first war, and his destruction had nothing to do with Harry Potter.  Harry's parents were, however, killed in the war, and Harry, like so many war-orphaned children, was sent to live with other relatives--namely, his aunt and uncle.

 Also--Disclaimer--I Don't Own Anything, I'm Not Making Money Off Of This, I'm a Poor College Kid, Don't Sue Me :)

Table of Contents

1. Burn by writeurlife [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (1656 words) Printer

Probably the most violent scene in the story, although I don't have the entire thing penned yet. Also, character death here.

2. Scotch by writeurlife [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1164 words) Printer

3. Fatigue by writeurlife [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2257 words) Printer

not a warm and fuzzy chapter. I realize that Harry doesn't exactly sound like a nine year old in this chapter, but bear with me--that will be explained/developed in later chapters.

4. Power by writeurlife [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2388 words) Printer

5. Lighter Emotions by writeurlife [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3019 words) Printer

6. What's in a Name? by writeurlife [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1872 words) Printer

I'm heading on vacation tomorrow and won't be able to write for a while, so I wanted to get this up before I went. Enjoy!

To be continued...
writeurlife is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 64 members. Members who liked Parentes Filius Custos Praesidium also liked 1575 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5