Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
So, first off I've never written a funeral invitation before, and hope I dont have to anytime soon. The story is going to time skip in the next chapter but I will put Brackets. So for anyone wondering the Timeline for the volcano. More will be added in each chapter to keep it from getting confusing.

It hit the school on October 20, a week before Halloween
Chapter 13: Picking up the pieces and Rebuilding
Chapter 13: Picking up the pieces and Rebuilding

Albus Dumbledore, had never felt so old then he did when he came from the conference room addressing the parents and guardians of the children who had died. He didn't think he would ever forget the look on their faces as they receive the news. He was supposed to protect them, they were entrusted in his care and he failed them all.

He steeled himself, because he knew in the upcoming days and weeks, he would need to be strong. Many people would have to bury their children, and say goodbye. And he needed to be their strength when they had none of their own left. He could do this, and would be a small price to pay but he would do it, for every single student. He headed towards the atrium as Fudge had set up the wizarding wireless (much like a muggle radio) that allowed news to be broadcast into the homes of every magical person under the jurisdiction of the British Ministry of Magic. He would make his announcement there. With his emotions under control he made his way to the atrium.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry was tired, and his body hurt but he tried to stay quiet on that. He attached himself to his Professor once more as they flooed to St. Mungos, landing in a waiting room of some sort. He dragged his feet unconsciously, the adrenalin wearing off, he was on the verge of collapsing.

"Harry? Are you alright?" Severus asked stopping as he realizing the boy had fallen behind him.

"I'm just really tired," he mumbled out quietly. He couldn't hide his fatigue anymore, the day was catching up with him.

"I'm not surprised, it's been a hell of a day," he said as he picked the child up. "I will get you checked out, and then we'll look for Minerva after,"

Harry's eyes widened at the implications of that and shook his head frantically. "I'm just tired! I don't need to get looked at. Its not that serious!" He said a burst of energy coming from nowhere as he tried to get out the man's arms.

Severus gave the boy a stern look. "I beg to differ Mr. Potter, we just came through an ordeal. I need you get checked out, to make sure there are no surprises. You will not win on this Harry, so don't fight me," he told the boy firmly.

Harry nodded meekly, knowing he had no chance when that tone came out. He was so dead, he had remembered earlier that day that his Professor had told him to get healed in the Infirmary. He hadn't gone and now, shit was about to hit the fan. He was so screwed. He said nothing as his Potion's Professor approached a desk and talked quietly to her about them coming from Hogwarts. They were rushed up to a floor that was filled with Professor's and Students from the school. He swallowed thickly, feeling the room freeze as everyone got a look at them. He resisted the urge to bury his face in the man's shoulder.

He could hear the whispers ranging from him being severely hurt to the potion master holding him hostage and he shook his head at the absurdity of it all. They were ushered into a private room where he found himself placed on the bed. He didn't even have a chance to speak when a Medi-witch bustled in through the door, and stared at her in horror when she flicked her wand at him, and had him magically changed into a hospital gown. He wrapped his thin arms around himself, trying to hide the bruises that he knew were there.

"What are you doing?" He whispered out in obvious embarrassment and fear.

"She's about to do a scan of your body to make sure you have no injures ailing you at the moment," Severus replied briskly.

"No, I don't want her to do that. I don't consent. Stop!" Harry screamed out starting to freak out which led to him jumping off the bed and trying to make a break for it. He was panicking, surely if he said no that would mean that she wasn't allowed to scan him right? As a child did he have rights such as these?

Severus was more then glad for his quick reflexes and had his arm stretched out and the child pressed tightly against his chest. "Stop this at once Harry," he told the boy quietly.

"But I'm fine!" He screamed out anxiously as he tried to get out the man's grip.

"Oh you are far from fine," Severus told him dryly, as he held the child securely. It wasn't that hard considering the boy was small for his age. If the child was really fine, then he wouldn't protest the check up. His reaction alerted him that he was hiding something, and knowing Harry as he was starting too, meant an injury of some sort and he wasn't having that.

"I agree with the Professor," the woman said as she looked at him for a moment. She couldn't put her finger on it, but his behavior screamed at her and she knew then something wasn't right.

"I want Madame Pompfrey, I don't know her!" Harry shrieked, trying to claw away from his Potion's Professor. At this point, he was afraid at what the adults would fine, and what the woman might say when she saw his injuries. It would be on the front page tonight, he was sure of it.

"Cease this at once Mr. Potter!" Severus hissed out, setting the child on the bed and sticking him to it.

Harry froze at the one, his eyes wide as he realized he had been throwing a tantrum, like Dudley. Seriously? What the hell was he thinking? They clearly knew something was wrong and were going to find out, he was so effed.

"That's fine, I just saw her actually. I will be back with Poppy," she said not at all offended that the child preferred his school Medi-witch to her. The woman had been warned that this was Harry Potter, and she had been in awe for a moment until he threw the fit. He was still only a child and she quickly realized that. She was after all a stranger, and if she was being honest the boy looked small enough to pass for a 1st year, and she knew that the school Medi-witch would be more effective then she ever could.

"I'm sorry Professor," Harry whispered out softly, from where he was staring at his toes.

"We are going to have a chat later, on just why you decided to throw a tantrum in the middle of a hospital," Severus said tightly.

"I don't know her, and she can't know about me. She'll tell everyone," he whispered out sadly.

"What can't she know? Are you hurt Harry? Don't you dare lie to me," he said barely refraining from snapping at the child.

"A little, but it's not from the Lava," Harry admitted. There was no point to keep it in, as soon as Madame Pompfrey came in here they would all know anyway.

"What happened?" Severus asked carefully, aware the child was omitting the truth from him.

"Um, I just....I didn't go to the hospital wing earlier when you told me too," he said hanging his head shamefully.

Severus froze for a moment, allowing the memories of earlier that day to wash over him. He remembered cornering the child and discovering, the abuse! He turned to give the child a hard look, his eyes showing only concern for the boy.

"Are you mad Mr. Potter? Did I not tell you that you're injures were more then severe? And you ignored my word and have been parading around with them all damn day? You foolish child," He said in dangerous tone.

Harry's breath hitched his teacher sounded like he was trying to refrain from yelling at him. He knew he had been stupid but there was just so much going on and truth be told he thought Snape would have forgotten if he was being honest. After all he wasn't one of the man's Slytherins, he was just a Gryffindor.

"Yes sir," he managed to choke out curling into himself the best that he could.

"I see, well I'm very disappointed in you Harry. I thought you were smarter then that. I thought you knew better, to listen when I said something, as I'm not one for idle chit-chat. But I can I see that I was wrong," Severus said with a sad tone. This worked on his Slytherins, and he knew that Harry was no different, the child needed to be taught a lesson, on trust and tough love.

Harry was staring at the man in horror at his words, an unidentified emotion hitting him hard in his chest, it hurt. What the heck he was feeling? And why did he care? Well that much was simple because he obviously liked Snape now, was that the right word? He shook his head, trying to rid himself of the sudden tears. Did this mean that the man didn't like him anymore?

"I thought I could trust you, but I was wrong about that as well," he continued.

"Stop!" Harry whimpered out tearfully, his eyes bulging out, as he pressed his hands to his ears he didn't want to hear this anymore. "You can trust me!" He pleaded to the Potion's Professor.

"I can't," Severus said with shake of his head. "I told you to visit Poppy, and you deliberately disobeyed me," he pointed out.

"Not on purpose, because of everything going on. I just forgot, please," Harry said before he found to his utter horror that he burst into noisy tears.

Severus sighed as he looked at the child on the bed, in all honesty he had forgotten about telling the child to go to the infirmary and Harry was right. The lava had taken over every thought, but that was no excuse for now. He was getting check out, and that's what mattered. He made to comfort him only to freeze when the door opened.

"Poppy," he said wearily.

"Hello Severus, do you know what is ailing him so?" She asked worriedly, her wand already out as she took in the crying form of the child on the bed.

"Injuries from his relatives, that he was trying to hide from you. As for what he's crying for, well I simply told him I was disappointed that he tried to lie to me," Severus said quietly.

Poppy gave him a look once he had finished, her heart feeling torn. She wished that Harry hadn't had this lesson, but there was nothing she could do for it. He needed to learn that not all adults would punish you for telling the truth or hiding things. She nodded and simply did her diagnostic scan on the boy.

"Harry child, please uncurl for me," she asked the boy gently.

The little boy quieted his sobs and after a moment, uncurled himself but he didn't look at anyone. He wasn't even sure Snape was there anymore.

"Harry it's really not the end of the world, well not today," Severus said dryly.

"But you're mad at me, and you're not gonna be nice to me anymore," he hiccuped sadly.

"Hush Harry, just we will have our talk in due time, I promise," Severus told him gently, ignoring the knowing look from the Matron at the use of the boy's first name.

Poppy said nothing, but she didn't have to when her face said everything. Clearly something had happened while the whole mess with the volcano was going on it and seemed that Harry and Severus were getting on a bit better. Thank Merlin for that, they were so alike at times it was uncanny to her. She ran her diagnostic check before tapping the parchment on what she needed and a moment later a nurse came in with the potions and balms.

"As much as he asked for me, I don't think he'll allow me to put this on him," she told Severus before gesturing for him to come.

"That's fine, I will do it. We need to speak to Minerva after, Albus will be speaking in a few at the ministry," he said as he took over her and started talking quietly to the child so he could take the potions.

"I just saw her, she's in the room with a Gryffindor first year, Amanda Flint I believe," Poppy said as she made her way out the room.

Harry perked up at that, wiping his face quickly as he glanced at his teacher. "I get to see Mandy?" He asked hopefully.

"Probably," Severus said as he administered the balm on the child, waiting a few minutes so it could take affect.

"Are you mad at me still?" Harry whispered out.

"No, we will talk later. We don't have time for this, I'm not going to suddenly hate you Harry either. There is nothing you can do or say that's going to change that," he promised the child before he picked him up again and made his way out into the hall. After getting directions to the correct room he walked there surprised to the Minerva with said child in her lap, looking quite content.

"Harry!" Amanda said cheerfully, but didn't jump off the woman's lap to get to him. For one she probably couldn't her feet were in heavy bandages all the way to her mid calf.

"Hi Mandy, are you okay?" He asked in concern gesturing to her bandages.

"Yeah, I don't really feel them," she promised him.

Severus set Harry on the bed, watching as Minerva did the same before they moved a bit towards the window and spelled a selective privacy charm around them. They could hear the children but the children themselves couldn't hear the adults.

"How did it go at the Ministry?" Minerva asked quietly.

"Fudge is an idiot, it took an hour for him to believe that yes Lava had hit Hogwarts and no amount of the warding helped. He and Albus talked for a bit longer but I wasn't there for it thankfully," Severus said with a shake of his head.

"It was that bad? Where did you go?" She asked curiously.

"Toilet, I had Harry and he needed it. I wasn't complaining that imbecile of a minister was risking the chance of getting cursed the longer I stayed." he admitted.

Minerva's lip twitched at that, before shaking her head. That was the Severus she knew and loved. "What about the families?"

"I informed the ones whose children lived, but I had to separate them from the ones with children who were deceased. Albus informed their families," Severus said tightly.

"But you saw the names didn't you?" She found herself asking.

"Do you want to know the names of your Gryffindors?" He asked her quietly.

"Not just my Gryffindors Severus, all of my students," Minerva said harshly.

"I don't remember the full list, only a couple names stood out to me and no they weren't all Slytherins. Albus has the full thing," he said before he took a breath, preparing to feel the wave of grief.

"Can you tell the ones you remember then?" She asked softly.

"Finnegan, Harry's taking that one hard, Crabbe and Goyle, Creevey. Bell, and Bulstrode. That's all I can think off the top of my head," Severus repeated quietly to her.

"Oh dear God," she gasped one hand over her heart, in her shock. There wasn't anything she could even say, why couldn't this all be a bad dream?

"I know," Severus said quietly as he pushed the emotions far behind his mental barriers.

He knew she needed a moment to process it, and he took that time to make his way over to the children. He felt with a rather heavy heart when he heard that they were talking about Black. No doubt the man would get custody of Harry, and that was fine Harry needed to be away from the Durselys. However he couldn't stop the train of thought of wanting to be there for the green eyed child. What if he himself could adopt Harry?

He shook his head at such a preposterous thought, was he out of his mind? He scoffed silently to himself, keeping his face blank as the boy in question turned to look at him only to grin widely. This is what he was talking about, what did Harry see in him to smile at? He hadn't done anything worthwhile for the child and yet here he was attached to him. He sighed as he sat on the chair, trying to think about the next upcoming days. How were they going to do this?

"Professor, if I'm not going back to my relatives, where will I stay? I think Hogwarts is gonna be closed," Harry said timidly.

Severus sighed, he didn't really know the answer to that but he wasn't about to have the child worrying over something of this nature not when other things took precedence over it. "You will probabaly stay with the Headmaster," he said carefully.

"Why not you?" Harry voiced softly.

It was a good thing he was used to blanking his face as that particular question nearly caught him off guard. He sighed though knowing he couldn't be the stability that Harry needed.

"Because I will be one of the few who will have to eventually go back to Hogwarts and check out its state," he replied smoothly leaving out he knew he would also be searching for the dead as well but Harry definitely didn't need to hear that, the girl either.

Harry gave the man a morose look at that answer before he shrugged like he didn't care. He didn't want the man to see how much that really hurt. He knew an excuse when he heard one and that one was. "It's okay Professor, I know I'm not one of your Slytherins," he mumbled out before he shook his head and turned away from the man going back to talk to Amanda.

The potion Master's heart clenched at that admission, knowing immediately that Harry had clearly taken it the wrong way. He frowned and reached to turn the child around only to freeze as he heard the Headmaster's voice. What the hell? Albus hadn't followed them, that he knew. He figured it had to be the wizarding wireless, and nodded quieting the children so they could all hear.

~Ladies and gentlemen of the Wizarding Community, I have an announcement to make. It's neither exciting nor happy but its my duty to inform you all of it. As you know my name is Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of the Esteemed school Hogwarts of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It's with a heavy heart that I inform you that today, the students, the Professor and I were caught off guard by an unseen force.

Mother Nature reminded us that even though we have magic, we are far from invincible. A mountain not far from the Castle erupted suddenly and the school and the students were in its way. We had no warning and though I tried my best to get everyone out of there I failed. And for that I beg for your forgiveness. It was my duty to protect all of my students and my Professors and I did not succeed. So I have decided to give up my post as Headmaster, and hope that someone else will be more suited for the job~

"No!" Harry screamed out turning to look at his Professor in horror at what he just heard.

"Calm down Harry, I don't know what Albus is doing but trust him. They are not going to let him go that easily," Severus said quickly his own heart pounding at the man's words. He didn't need to turn to look at Minerva or Amanda already knowing their expressions mirrored his and Harry's. And he was right, he could hear the cries out outrage in the hall and through the wireless himself. He smirked to himself at the Headmaster's voice came through again,

~I stand corrected, I will not be retiring my post. Just a little old man humor, but on a serious note. Any families that find that they are unable to pay for the services of their loss, come see me or Minister Fudge we have something set up for just this purpose. Again, I'm so very sorry for inability to save them. As of right now Hogwarts is closed for the remainder of the year, take this time to grieve, and enjoy the time with your family. All exams will be post phoned until further notice~

"Hogwarts closed, I knew it," Harry whispered out softly. He didn't know where he was going to go, but he knew that wherever it was it wouldn't be with Snape. The man had made it very clear that nothing truly had changed. If it did then he would be going home with him right?

~*~*~*~*~*~St. Mungos 1 Week Later*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Remus sighed once more as he looked at the child across from him, as they played chess. Theodore was a bright child, he had seen that in class, he just hadn't gotten to know him but now he had. He hadn't seen much of Harry these pass few days but he knew he was being taken care of. Severus had him and he was in good hands he was sure, who knew? At the moment, he was just thinking on his good fortune despite the disaster at Hogwarts.

Charles had made good on his word and they had signed the papers within the hour. And to add to it, he was given a monthly stipend to take care of the boy, which he knew would help but the amount of it was way to much in his opinion but he knew what battles to pick and said nothing. 5,000 galleons a month was more money then his vault had seen in a long while. He shook his head, but he didn't do it for the money. He smiled at the boy across from him, smiling sadly at his cast arm but that was to be expected. It was still spelled to be still and every couple of days the nurses came back to do more painful tests to see if his nerves responded to them.

Those days were the worse and he tried his best to be the boy's rock, and be there and comfort him. He didn't know what to do all the time, but that was not an excuse he would give or give up for that matter. He sighed sadly as he looked over at Percy on the bed, the teen still hadn't woken up. But he wouldn't until they took him out the magical coma, apparently his magical core had been damaged and it would be worse If he woke up. He swallowed thickly, he had felt sick at the thought of all the children who had perished. Why did he continue to survive when so many others deserving of their life, died? Was fate truly a cruel bitch? He shook the thought away before he turned to look at the child, realizing he had been trying to get his attention.

"Yes Theodore?" Remus asked curiously.

"Do you know how long I have to stay in here?" Theo asked with a sigh. He was so tired of the hospital, this was the longest he could remember being in one and he hated it.

"I don't know, it's only been a week buddy. They need to run more test on your nerves," he told him apologetically.

"But I wanna see my friends, and I have to go to funerals and stuff," he said hurriedly, his breaths ragged as he got himself worked up.

"Theo, Theo, buddy, calm down. You can do all of that I promise, I will not let them stop you from saying goodbye," Remus told him as he pushed the chess set away and pulled the boy into his lap.

These episodes as he had taken to calling them had appeared the day after he had been admitted to the hospital. After the boy had woken up from a nightmare, the Medi-witch, said it was common in trauma patients. Panic attacks, Anxiety attacks, and flashbacks, meant a long road to recovery. He rocked the boy in his arms, knowing that calmed him , and he whispered soothing words into his ears.

Remus knew that Theodore wasn't the only child suffering, some stress over the volcano. From what he saw of Ron everyday, the red-head didn't even speak anymore. Anyone who knew him, knew how boisterous he was. The same could be said about the twins, they were usually pulling pranks but he had never seen them so grim. They much to young to have worry lines on their forehead but they were there, and getting more pronounced every day. He buried his face into Theodore's hair as he felt the boy calm down.

"I'm sorry," Theo breathed out, mentally kicking himself for that freak out. Where had that even come from?

"It's fine, you know it's nothing you can control. Do not worry about it, or you'll send yourself into another attack and we'll have to use a potion this time," he told him softly.

"Kay," he whispered out as he hugged the man's torso tightly.

~*~*~*~*~*~Dumbledore Manor~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry sighed once more as he slumped on the sofa. He was very much aware what day today was, but he didn't feel like celebrating it even more then usually did. He decided then and there he hated Halloween, nothing would ever change that. He looked across at Sirius who he noticed had his gaze on him for some reason. He shook his head turning away, the adults so far kept doing that to him. Snape had been right, the Headmaster had taken him after his announcement and while it was great staying here especially nice his godfather was here he wasn't really happy.

Harry hadn't even seen much of the Headmaster, as he was always in his office or at the ministry. He knew it had to be hard on him, but he simply stayed out the man's way. He didn't want to cause any trouble, just in case the man sent him back to the Durselys. He wanted Snape to be here, he hadn't seen the man in a week and he missed him so much, but he could say that could he. Snape didn't want him, as he found out already. His throat closed up at the thought and he forced himself to blink back the tears that tried to make themselves known.

"Harry?" Sirius asked cautiously as he saw the child on the verge of tears.

"I'm fine," Harry said hurriedly making sure he was looking anywhere but his godfather.

"Like you hell you are," he said dryly as he sat up. "Come here kiddo,"

"I'm fine!" He repeated a bit more loudly this time, sitting up himself as he prepared to bolt to his room. He swallowed thickly as he tried not to think on it anymore, he didn't need Snape. So the man helped him, big effing deal, that didn't mean a thing clearly.

"Oh you're far from fine," Sirius said with a pointed look as he stood up. He knew Harry needed to get this out of his system the sooner the better. He hadn't seen him cry, or scream or do anything to express any type of grief and he knew that wasn't normal in the slightest. He had no one to turn to as Albus was extremely busy so it was up to him, he was the boy's godfather anyway. He really wished Remus knew that he was innocent.

"I don't need your help," Harry grumbled out as he stood up, preparing to run before he spotting an owl coming through the window. He took that diversion for what it was and hurried to it.

"Harry bring your butt back over here," Sirius told him with a frown.

"There's an owl, he's got mail. So I have to get it," Harry told him as if his godfather was slow.

Sirius grumbled to himself but conceded that Harry did have a point. "What does it say? Who is it too?"

"Me," Harry whispered out as he let the letter, well invitation fall to the floor.

"Kiddo?" Sirius asked quietly as he made his way to boy.

"I gotta go to the bathroom," Harry said quickly before he turned and all but ran out the room.

Sirius was looking at his godson's retreating back with a look of confusion as he bent down and picked up the mail. He sighed softly and his eyes closed on their own accord as he read the invitation. He glanced at the picture of the child on it and shook his head, this was not supposed to happen. He really felt for the child's parents, shaking the thought away he read the missive.

You are invited to celebrate the life of Seamus R. Finnegan, Friend, son, brother.
Born May 13, 1980- Died October 20, 1993

His memorial service will be taking place on November 14, 1993, in Limerick, Ireland at St. Alphonsus Church, on the street of the same name. It will began at 9:00am, you can RSVP if you'd like, but it is not needed. If you have any questions, you can floo the Finnegan home and I will answer accordingly.

He shook his head sadly as gently set the letter on the table before he hurried to catch up with the child, Harry had to know that he couldn't run away from everything. Especially not this, not when he knew it was important that he get the chance to say goodbye, and to grief.

"Harry wait!" He called out as he jogged after the boy.

"I'm in the toilet!" He screamed out in return, couldn't his godfather take a bloody hint?

"You're not, come back here. We need to talk about this, you're obvious upset and with good reason," Sirius said calmly, but inwardly he was freaking out. He wasn't cut out for this, he didn't even know what he was doing. He himself was still grieving over James's death, how could he show Harry the right way when he himself wasn't there.

"I don't want to talk about it okay? So just drop it," Harry pleaded wondering his chances of his godfather leaving him alone. He slammed the door to his bedroom shut and locked it, hoping Sirius would leave him alone. He had to get himself under control.

"Damn it Harry, we are talking about this. Not now but very soon," Sirius grumbled out feeling out of his element once more.

 He knew he could spell the door open but what then? He wasn't prepared if Harry did decide to start crying or have a fit and he didn't think he knew how to do that. He shook himself off feeling inadequate for a moment before he heard the floo. He hurried back out to the floo room, hoping it was Albus and that the old man would be able to help him. He was dismayed and a bit annoyed when he saw that it was only Snape.

"Black, is Albus not here?" Severus asked when he saw the man. He had wanted to catch a glimpse of Harry to make sure the man was taking care of his needs but the boy was nowhere to be foound.

"He's not, he's been at the Ministry all day. Which blows because I could really use his help right about now," he grumbled out.

"Help with what?" Severus asked, his curiousity getting the better of him.

Sirius regarded the man for a moment before he shrugged. He had seen the man be gentle with Harry so at least he didn't feel like he would taunt him with this. He just need to share this grief with someone, before he exploded himself. "Harry got an invitation to Seamus Finnegan's funeral," he said tightly.

"Ahh, I'd been wondering when he would get it. He didn't take it well I presume?" Severus asked quietly.

"I don't know how he took it, he won't share it with me. Every time he starts to maybe crying he sucks it back up. The bloody boy won't let himself grieve and I don't know what to do," Sirius said his frustrations making themselves known to Snape of all people.

Severus's eyes narrowed at that, it would see that Harry was blaming himself, but for what he didn't know. At least not in that moment, he would soon no doubt. "Where is he now?"

"He locked himself in his room, I'm reluctant to go in as I don't know what to do," Sirius said as he flopped on the sofa.

"I'm going to check on his mental state," he decided as he made his way down the hall. He knew which room the boy's was as the sign on the door stated that it was 'Harry's Room'. He knocked on it and waited.

"Sirius I told you, I don't want to be bothered!" Harry yelled out, annoyed now.

"I'm not the mutt Mr. Potter, and you do well not to scream at me. We may not be at Hogwarts but I can still give you detention," Severus said in his silky voice.

Harry's eyes shot open as he quickly sat up in his bed, looking at his closed door with a look of disbelief. "P'fessor Snape? Is that really you?" He asked timidly.

"I assure you it is me, now open the door Mr. Potter," the man told him, his tone letting the child know it wasn't a request.

"Yes sir," Harry mumbled out as he went to unlock the door, and opened it. He couldn't help the small smile that grace his face at the man in his doorway. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I came to speak with Albus, but he is not here," Severus told him, eyes narrowing further when the boy's smile fell of his face and his gaze turned to the ground.

"Oh," Harry muttered before shaking his head. He was so stupid, did he honestly think that Snape had really come to see him. What a little moron, he wasn't a Slytherin, his own fault why he wasn't. And so of course the man didn't truly care.

"What is going in that empty head of yours Mr. Potter?" Severus asked quietly.

"Nothing sir," he murmured wondering how he was going to get out of whatever the hell his Professor wanted to say. Whatever the man came to say wasn't to be to his relief as he heard the floo ring again, and heard the Headmaster. Smiling softly to himself he glanced up at the man for a second. "Well he's here, I'd better go, goodbye sir," he said before he quickly shut the door once more.

Severus stood there dumbly for a moment, trying to figure out what the hell had just happened. Black was right, Harry didn't know how to grieve, did the child know how to feel? Giving his appalling relatives he probably shut all his emotions off to survive in that house. He would talk to him yes, but at the moment he did have something more pressing to talk to the Headmaster about. And with one last look of regret he headed back to the sitting room.

Chapter End Notes:
I hoped you liked it, and I hope this chapter didnt make you cry.