Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is what happens when you get nice reviews...you get an early update. It's hot off the press. Percy's reaction is in this chapter...he finally wakes up. Oh yeah, everyone whose ever been in a traumtic experiences knows everyone copes differently, you get to see the different types here.

Ron is closed off, Neville is overconfident, Draco is guilty, and Harry is numb. Those are just a few...but those 4..well really two of them are very important to this story.

Timeline:

October 20- Eruption,
October 21- School Closed,
November- Month of Funerals, Rebuilding Hogwarts,
December-Rebuilding Hogwarts,The trial,

Sorry for the longest Author note..Enjoy.
Chapter 14:Saying goodbye and Moving On
~*~*~*~November~*~*~*~

Draco picked at the tie on his suit, as he stared unseeingly in the mirror, who thankfully had nothing to say. Could animate inanimate objects pick up on somber moods? If so he thanked Merlin for the silence, as today was anything but a happy day. It was 2 weeks later, and he still felt like he was dreaming. He loosened his tie, before he took a breath and made his way downstairs where his mother was waiting. He wasn't sure where his father was and for once in his life, he didn't care. Today wasn't about him or Lucius it was about saying goodbye to Vincent. He closed his eyes trying to ignore the onslaught of memories that pushed themselves forward.

Draco couldn't believe that next week was Halloween or Samhain as the pure-bloods called it. They had all been looking forward to the feast at Hogwarts and had been talking about it since coming back that year. Now he could care less, it wasn't important, nothing was. They were dead. He had been horrified even more when they kept receiving more floo calls and owls from parents of other classmates and peers who had also died. He didn't even like Gryffindors but the fact that Seamus Finnegan; a kid the same age as he, had also perished hit him like a stack of bricks. It didn't matter about the houses he was the same age as Vincent and Greg. How close had he himself come to dying that day and didn't realize it? Why had he been spared?

He remembered his mum getting the floo call from Vincent's crying mother telling her that they had found his remains in the rubble that was Hogwarts. Parts of the school was gone, and it really did look like the ruins that the muggles all saw, or so he heard. He had no desire to go back there ever. He didn't want to do this, this was the first funeral of several he would have to go to these upcoming days and he wasn't looking forward to it. He gasped as the feeling of grief tried to overwhelm him yet again, and his eyes shot to his mother who was looking immaculate by the floo.

"Mum," he breathed out tearfully, knowing that if Lucius were here he would be in for it. He wasn't supposed to be weak, and show his emotions.

"Oh Draco, it'll be okay," Narcissa said soothingly as she quickly made her way to her son and hugged him tight.

"I don't want to go," he choked out.

"I know you don't, but we must. If you don't say goodbye to him, you'll wish you had forever," she told him, as she kissed his hair.

Draco knew she was right but that didn't make it any easier to accept. He simply tightened his grip around his mother's waist and cried into her stomach. He knew that she wouldn't move until he was ready and for that he was very much grateful for.

~*~*~*~*~St. Mungos~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Molly Weasely looked up from her knitting to find her youngest son fidgeting in his seat and she sighed wishing that he would speak up but he didn't. It had been two weeks since the tragedy at Hogwarts as the papers were calling it, and Ronald hadn't spoken since that fateful day. She not only had Percy to worry about who still hadn't woken up. They had taken him out of the magical coma, and now they were just waiting for him to wake up on his own.

If she could exchange places with him she would in a heartbeat. Ron hadn't left her side in those two weeks, he had never been a clingy baby per say but now it all changed. He seemed to be borderline catatonic and she felt inadequate at helping him. He didn't do anything for himself anymore he just sat there.

The first time she realized something was wrong was when they had all gathered to eat dinner the first night and he didn't reach for anything. She knew then something was wrong with her baby as you couldn't keep Ronald away from food. He only ate when she put the fork in his hand and when he finished he simply set it down and continued to stare blankly ahead, instead of grabbing for seconds like he usually did. It was a horrible feeling like she had failed so many of her sons. She found herself waiting for the day when the twins themselves snapped, after all they had seen Percy firsthand. As it was, they weren't saying anything about what they saw and heard for that matter on that horrific day.

She knew Ron needed to see a mind healer but they couldn't afford it. Percy's medical bills were already putting them through the roof and counting but she knew they couldn't deny him this treatment. She would have ask Bill or Charlie if they had a few galleons to spare as she wanted her son back. Her eyes flicked back to Ron and sighed before she turned to look at the twins who were talking quietly to each other.

"Fred," she called to them, knowing they would both turn as one.

"Can you please take Ronald to the toilet?" She asked him tiredly, hoping he didn't argue with her on this.

She wasn't sure why she was expecting an argument, as George (she knew it was him) simply stood up and went to help his younger brother. Her children were too compliant now, as if the fight had all gone out of them. She didn't like it, she felt for them, for all the children affected by this. She swallowed thickly as she saw another owl coming through the window knowing what it was already.

Another invitation to a funeral, she just wanted to protect them all from this but she couldn't. They would all have to say goodbye to their friends. She was so happy that she had sent Ginny to the Lovegoods today. As her sons walked out of the room, she retrieved the missive from the owl, opening it her heart clenched tightly at the invitation. Seamus Finnegan's funeral was in a few days, and he knew that while Ron wasn't ready he needed to go.

She grabbed onto her son's limp hand on the bed, tightening her grip on it, and willing him to be okay and wake up. She closed her eyes, her head falling on the bed, as the tears stung the back of her eyes. It was so hard to be strong for her children when she herself felt like she had no strength. Molly knew she had no right to even be complaining as all of her children had made it and there were others out there who lost their child. She took a shuddering breath, her hand unconsciously squeezing the small hand a bit tighter as she cried softly.

"Mum, don't cry. I'm fine see," Percy's soft voice said in the quiet room, giving her hand a small squeeze.

Fred's head snapped up to look at his brother, searching his face to make sure he wasn't lying about being in no pain. He could see his mother, looking torn between calling the Medi-witch and hugging the boy. He kept his eyes on his brother's face, not wanting to look down and alert him to the fact that he had missing limbs.

"Oh Percy, you had us worried so," Molly whispered out afraid to speak any louder, as she was sure that this was all a dream.

"I'm good mum, really good actually, I feel great," he said a smile gracing his tired face.

"Well I'm going to go check on George and Ron," Fred said, he didn't want to be here for the explosion that he knew was coming.

Percy gave his brother a sad smile. "I guess I survived Freddie, just like you said and now you and George can get back to teasing me and playing pranks," he said cheerfully.

Fred was staring at his brother silently, trying to get control of himself. It was too much too fast. He hadn't thought about a prank in two weeks, had felt no such desire to even attempt one. He hadn't allowed himself to cry since that day, and now it was like giant wave of it just hit him at once. His brother didn't know, and here he was joking about something as meaningless as that. He pressed his hand to his mouth, as his body violently shook.

"Oh Fred, it'll be okay," Molly said hurrying towards her son to engulf him in a hug, seeing the beginning of a break down.

"Why is he crying? Did someone...did one us...die?" Percy asked his breath hitching as he waited for the answer. He didn't know if he had lost a brother or a sister.

"No everyone is alright love. But Percy I need to tell you something," Molly said looking over Fred's shoulder to address the older boy.

"What is it mum? Is it bad? It's bad huh? Was it Ron?" Percy muttered, feeling hysteria coming up full force. He felt so in the dark, he needed to know what was wrong.

"Do you remember what happened to you?" Molly asked quietly.

"Yeah I was saving Chris and we got stuck in the hot lava, mum it was so hot. I felt like I was burning alive," he whispered out as the memories started to come back.

"I know honey, after that Professor Snape port-keyed you and got you the help you needed," she continued before she took a breath.

"But there's more huh?" He asked a bit rationally, even though he was starting to feel very much afraid.

"Yes, because of the intensity of the lava, it had completely burned away your flesh to the bone. There was nothing the Healers could do to save them," she said softly.

Percy took a shuddering breath, he knew instinctively what his mother was talking about. He needed her say it, as it was he avoiding looking down at the covers as if not looking made it it not real. His eyes filled with tears, as he looked at the ceiling, not even reacting when they fell.

"They're gone huh?" He asked tearfully.

"Yes honey your legs are gone," she confirmed quietly.

Percy turned them to look at the covers, he could see two bumps in the middle of the bed. But he couldn't see his feet. He started breathing heavily but he knew he needed to get this over with and simply pulled off the covers to see them fully. His legs were gone as his mother had said, they amputated just above the knee. He would never run, walk, or do any of that again. His life was over, he might as well have died. He was invalid and he didn't like it.

"Percy, it's not the end of the world," Fred managed to get out, when a long moment of silence had gone by.

"It's the end of my world! I can't walk Fred, I can't do anything! Why did you bother saving me then? You should have just let me died, I don't want to live this way!" He screamed out before he grabbed the pitcher of water on the dresser and threw it at the window.

Percy was in a rage, and he couldn't stop it. How did they think this would be okay? He wouldn't be able to do anything, why would they torture him and keep him alive. He just bet this was their ultimate prank, he never thought they could be so cruel to him.

Molly was distraught but more then grateful for Remus who was ringing for a nurse on the other side of the room. She could see that Percy's outburst had frightened the poor child on the other side of the room awake and was looking around fearfully and looked to be on the verge of a panic attack.

"Percy stop! It's not that bad, so you can't walk. Big effing deal! You're alive, we've lost friends whose parents I know would love for them to be here even at the expense of no legs. You bastard," Fred bit out angrily as he pulled away from his mother.

"Fredrick hush," Molly scolded him but her tone was sad and not all firm as it should have been.

"And even now, with no legs you're still mum's favorite," he whispered out brokenly, ignoring his mother.

"I have no favorites," she told them firmly, her voice hard as she looked between her sons.

"You do and we all know who it is," he said bitterly as his tears continued to fall. "I can't believe you'd be so selfish. You're our brother, we saved you because we loved you and we didn't want you to die. We saved you so mum wouldn't die of heart break. How dare you?" He hissed out before he shook his head in disbelief before he tore out of the room. God he hated him so much, how could he just think that being dead would be better? He could still hear his brother yelling but he didn't care anymore, he was just focusing on finding George before he broke apart.

~*~*~*~*Two Days later, Dumbledore Manor~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry was sitting on the couch in the old man's house, unsure of what he was supposed to be doing. He was dressed in a new suit that Sirius had picked for him when the man had taken him to Diagon Alley. He was waiting for the man in question to come downstairs as they had a funeral to go to. He had never been to one, and at 13 he didn't want to go to this one. To say goodbye to his dorm mate. He pinched himself on the arms, as the tears tried to appear, he didn't want to cry. He quickly stood up when he heard footsteps on the stairs grateful for the distraction.

"Where's the Headmaster?" Harry asked, as he looked at his godfather in his own dress clothes.

"Already there, are you ready?" Sirius asked him quietly as he took a sip of the polyjuice potion, he was going as Remus. He was after all still an escaped murderer', as they still hadn't gotten a chance to make him a legally free man. Hogwarts still took over everyone's thought at the Ministry, and given that it had only been a few weeks anyway.

"No, I don't want to go," he said as he walked over to the man.

"I know you don't and these things, never get any easier. But we have to kiddo," Sirius said sadly as he hugged the child tightly.

"Then we can just go then and get it out the way," Harry mumbled out in the man's torso.

"We're apparating," Sirius warned him as he led the boy outside.

"Why?" Harry wondered.

"Because the boy's father is a muggle, this funeral is going to be a muggle one with some magic I think. However it's also going to be in Ireland where he was born," he explained as he held tight to his godson.

"Am I supposed to bring anything?" Harry asked thickly as he hugged his godfather even tighter.

"No, I've got it taken care of," Sirius said before he made sure he had the child tight and disapperated.

They appeared in a small alleyway and Harry noted immediately that they weren't alone, but he's wasn't afraid as he saw the trademark Weasely hair.

"Ron!" He called out happily to his mate, forgetting for a moment that they were about to go to a funeral. He had been owling his friend these past weeks but he hadn't gotten a reply and he would have been offended but Sirius had reminded him that Percy was still in hospital so he knew the boy was probably to worried or something. Harry found himself frowning however when his best mate didn't even turn around to look at him. Didn't he hear him? "Ron!" He yelled out louder, attracting the attention of Mr. Weasely and the other older Weaselys boys. But why was Ron ignoring him? What had he done?

"Harry, don't do that. He's not ignoring, he's just...not there at the moment," Arthur said gently as he left his youngest son with his Bill and made his way to Harry. He could see the hurt on the child's face and he didn't want him to think that Ron had been deliberatly ignoring him when he hadn't.

"Then what....I don't understand. I see him, he's right there," Harry replied in confusion.

"Yes he's there, but mentally speaking he's locked somewhere in his mind. Everyone deals with trauma differently, Ron well, this is how he copes," Arthur murmured with a sigh.

"Oh, will he snap out of it?" Harry asked softly.

"I hope so, we've just started getting him to see a mind healer. Bill and Charlie are helping us there, otherwise they're would be no way for us to pay for it," he told him.

"Oh, I could...I could help too," he said timidly.

"That's alright Harry, but thank you for the offer," Arthur told him easily.

Harry nodded silently as he glanced back up at his friend. "Is Percy okay?"

"He's awake, but emotionally speaking I think he's lost the will to live. The doctors are trying to get the fight back in him, but he's all but giving up. That's why Molly isn't here, she doesn't feel right in leaving him," he explained.

"Oh," he mumbled out sadly. "I'm sorry,"

"No, it's alright Harry, he's alive. We just have to convince him that his life meant so much more then his loss of limbs," the man said before ruffling his hair. "Hey Remus, hows Theodore? We would have thought you wouldn't have left him alone?"

Harry's eyes were wide as he looked up at his godfather poly-juiced, wondering how they were going to do this. "Albus told me it was of utmost importance that I accompany Harry today," Sirius said smoothly.

"Yes that may be, but your godson is just as important," Arthur said frowning.

"Yes he is," Sirius said before clearing his throat. "We'd better head to the church,"

Harry blew out a breath when the man nodded and started to head back to his family. He held his godfather's hand tight as they followed after them. He felt no need for talking, it was a somber affair, and he wouldn't disrespect it. He forced himself to take a deep breath, and keep his eyes open when he saw the pall bearers bring in the child sized casket. He swallowed thickly as everyone marched inside the church silently, the doors closing inaudibly behind them.

*~*~*~*~*~*December*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry looked up from his breakfast as the fireplace flared in the other room. He had been living in the Headmaster's house for a month a few weeks now and he was used to it now. Who would have thought? He didn't particularly care who it was, knowing it wouldn't be for him. He wasn't sure just what was going on with him, but he felt numb, and he wasn't sure why? He lost track of just how many funeral he had gone to in November. That would always be to him the 'month of funerals' no matter how old he got.

He couldn't believe it, Colin Creevey, the boy who loved to take pictures of him had died saving his little brother. Katie Bell, the girl on his Quidditch team had died too. And his year mate Justin and Ernie, and then he found out Crabbe and Goyle. And it was just too much for him to deal with. After Seamus's funeral he wanted to scream but he didn't because he knew normal people didn't do that. Well he wasn't normal, he hadn't even cried for them, what kind of person was he? Was he not sad that they died? Why couldn't he cry? He shook the thought away Neville's voice piercing his thoughts for a moment. Wait what?
"Harry get the floo, it's for you," Sirius told him as he grabbed the paper and made his way out the kitchen towards the stairs.

"Kay," he muttered as he got up and hurried towards the sitting room to find his friend's head in the green flames.

"Hi Neville," he said with a grin, that was more then fake but he wasn't about to go into that right now.

"Hi Harry, I hope you're well. I just wanted to invite you to my Christmas party this year," Neville said easily.

"Oh, um I'll have to ask but I'll get back to you yeah?" Harry told him.

"That's fine, if you can't make it well I understand too," Neville replied before he ended the floo call.

Harry was staring in the fireplace in amazement. Not at the floo call but at the confidence that he felt radiating from his usually shy friend. This was new, he remembered seeing him at the funerals, but he was too busy trying to look everywhere but at anyone to notice much. His friend had changed and clearly for the better, and he was happy for him. He sigh before making his way back to the kitchen to find his godfather drinking some coffee.

"What did the paper say?" Harry asked softly before the man could ask who it was.

"Mostly about the progress they're making on rebuilding Hogwarts. They started as soon as the lava had receded and it's going pretty well. Even the goblins have helped a bit, which means that the disaster hurt them as well," Sirius commented.

"How?" Harry asked in confusion.

"I'm not sure but that's the only reason why they would help us," Sirius said with a shake of his head.

"Oh," the small boy mumbled out before he sighed. "Does it say anything about you being free?"

"Not yet, It's still pretty hectic I bet, even though a month has passed. I'm here with you and while I would love to go out a bit more there's no rush, I've waited for this for 13 years. I have no wish to mess anything up by being impatient," he told him.

"Okay," Harry replied. "So when you are free then what happens? Do we stay here?"

"For a bit yes, but then I'll go out and look for homes, first check with Gringotts to see if the Black has Properties. And if not because I'll be your guardian I'll check the Potters as well. We will find some place to live," he promised.

Harry nodded, ignoring the small hurt that somehow appeared in his chest. This is what he wanted his godfather to take him in. That way even if the headmaster got annoyed with him, he could never send him back to the Durselys. He ignored the part of him that was still bitter over the fact that Snape didn't want him. Well you couldn't change how one felt, he knew that all to well. He ignored the feeling, trying not to dwell on it, he didn't deserve to have the man, Snape was much to good for him. And he knew the man right and didn't want to soil himself by associating with him. After all this time, his relatives had been right, he really was a freak. Before his thoughts could turn darker, he heard the floo ring again and he shook his head but welcomed the distraction.

"My, you're popular today," Sirius teased as he heard it ring.

"Sirius! Sirius! It's Mandy!" Was the voice that came through the flames.

"It's not for me," Harry said with a smirk of his own.

"So I see," Sirius said before he hurriedly made to answer it. "What is it Amanda? How's your feet?"

"Good, next week my healer says I might get to start walking on them again," the little girl squealed.

"That's good news honey," Sirius told her with a grin.

"Can I floo over Sirius?" Amanda asked cheerfully.

"You would have to ask your parents and you know my status in the world Mandy," he told her gently.

"I already did ask them, they're gonna come to. They wanna meet you," Amanda said before she giggled and gracefully flooed over with her mother before the man could say anything.

"Amanda," Sirius said before he straightened himself his pure-blood training from his youth making him act accordingly.

"Mrs. Flint, welcome to the Dumbledore house," Sirius said formally, watching in amusement as Amanda's mother was giving her daughter a look knowing it was her turn to reply in the same formal tone.

"I don't want to do that mommy, I wanna play with Harry," Amanda told her mother as her father flooed over as well.

"That's a great idea, Harry take Mandy and show her..your room," Sirius said just wanting his godson out of the room with the elder Brutus Flint. He was a known Death Eater, had even fought against him at one time or another, and he didn't want Harry or Amanda for that matter in the vicinity if curses started to fly.

"I agree that's a brilliant idea however, she's not allowed to walk just yet," Brutus said his eyes never leaving Sirius's.

"Piggy back her Harry, and don't come back in here until I call you," Sirius told him, his eyes boring holes into the man across from him.

You could feel the tension but no one said anything until the children were out the room and up the stairs. That was when Brutus pulled out his wand to set up a privacy ward so they wouldn't be overheard if the children did come back down and nearly was cursed for his trouble.

"Watch it Black," he hissed out, eyes blaring as he leveled his wand at the man.

"The same goes for you. What the fuck were doing? Always trying to get a cheap shot in, you Slimy Slytherins," Sirius growled out his own wand at the ready.

"Enough, I didn't come here for you both to have a pissing contest on whose the biggest. Frankly I don't care, because when it all comes down to it, the truth of the matter is neither. Mine is bigger then both of you, now Wands down!" Caroline Flint said eyes blazing, her own tone hard as she stared down both Sirius and her husband who she noted flinched at the look. Good she still had it.

Sirius winced and shuddered, Merlin did all pure-blooded mothers have the same look. He could swear for a minute he was staring at his mother at that horrifying gaze. He blinked before he sighed and shook his head allowing himself to stiffly sit in the chair behind him, his wand still clinched tightly in his hand.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" He muttered out tiredly, this was too much work. As much as he loved Amanda, her parents made it seem not worth it.

"We need to discuss this life debt that we now owe you for saving our daughter's life. You cannot deny it, you and I both know it's there as we acknowledged it. Now we will do anything to grant it, with in reason. We see that Amanda adores you, however we draw the line at that. And know that we will fight you tooth and nail if you try to turn this into a marriage contract," she said tightly.

"The fuck?" Sirius breathed out as he looked from the woman to her husband. He knew from his demented family that some people did that, would go and marry children (perverted bastards) because of a life debt that the family owed them. He didn't believe in that shit and he wouldn't do this, hell no.

"I take it you have no problem with that then?" Brutus asked quietly.

"She's a child, 2 years younger then my godson. Pure-bloods are still fucked up I see," Sirius grumbled out, with a shake of his head.

"Yes they are, I knew you wouldn't but I needed that on the table," Caroline replied with a grim smile.

"It's understood. I don't know what I want at the moment," Sirius replied with a shrug.

"What about your freedom so you can raise your godson?" Brutus pointed out.

"Working on that, the ministry its just been so busy with Hogwarts. I haven't the time,"Sirius replied.

"Do you have proof?" Caroline wondered.

"I do, I have Peter Pettigrew himself," Sirius said grimly, as he carefully judged their reactions.

"We can help with that if you'd like," Brutus said with a sigh.

"It doesn't null the life debt of course, but every little bit helps," Caroline added.

"Alright, if you can get me a trial set up, that would be great," Sirius finally relented.

"Expect an owl tomorrow morning about the date of the trial, and we'll pick up Amanda in a couple hours when we return from the Ministry," Brutus said stiffly as he stood up.

He couldn't believe what he was about to do, but the man had save his daughter he couldn't just ignore that. Besides having the Black heir behind him, would come in handy down the line he was sure of it. He had no wish for his daughter or his wife to be pulled into Voldemort sadistic ranks. He nodded curtly to the man and flooed home.

"Thank you so much," she said canceling the charm.

"No worries," Sirius said with a smile. "Harry and Manda get down here!" He called out.

They didn't have to wait long when they heard a set of footsteps alone with a small voice urging him to be careful. It was very amusing but they said nothing until the children repeared.

"Where'd daddy go?" Amanda asked clearly.

"He had to do something at the Ministry," Caroline told her.

"He's gonna get Sirius free, I bet!" She said with a bright grin.

"Hopefully," Sirius said with a smile.

"I'm going to the Ministry with your father and I'll be back to pick you up in a couple of hours. If you wish to go home before then floo the house first to make sure Marcus is home. I don't want you there alone," Caroline told her seriously.

"Okay, but I'll be here still," she promised.

"Alright, I'll see you later sweetie," she said before she disappeared into the fireplace.

Sirius turned to the children and grinned. "Who wants to play tag?"

"I do!" Harry said excitedly.

"I don't, I can't run. I can't even walk," Amanda told them with a pout.

"I know but we'll take turns. Harry is it first he has to get you or me, if he gets one of us, we are it," Sirius said before he grinned again. "Now hop on my back," he said before he transformed into Padfoot.

"Cool!" Amanda said reaching for him as Harry moved her to his back. "Wow, this is so cool Sirius!" She said squealing happily as he shot off leaving Harry in the sitting room.

Harry was frowning when took off a familiar feeling rising up in his chest. Sirius had never offered to give him a ride when he was Padfoot so why did he do it to Amanda? Surely he could have levitated her right? He frowned, as the jealously weighed heavily in his chest, he didn't even want to play stupid tag anymore, but he sighed loudly and walked after them.

~*~*~*~*~Two weeks Later, St. Mungoes*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day found Remus getting Theodore ready to go home. He still wasn't sure where they were living but Charles had been thorough and he now had a new place to live with the boy. Since the child was now getting released from the hospital after 1 month and a half of treatment apparently there was no better time then now for them to get even more acquainted. He glanced over at the Weasely side of the room and glanced at them with a bemused expression. Apparently Albus had someone impersonating him when Harry went to Seamus's funeral. He didn't question the man's judgment of course but he just didn't like being out of the loop he supposed.

As it was, he was hoping that Percy pulled out of this funk. The boy wallowed all day in pity about having no legs, Remus could safely say he would give up his two legs if it meant his affliction with lycanthropy was forever gone. It really wasn't the end of the world, especially as muggles seemed to be ahead of the wizarding times and a muggleborn healer had brought a book that showed what he called prosthetic limbs, that allowed the person using it to regain the loss of their limbs slightly so to speak. It was amazing the things muggles could do without magic, and if Percy would get his head so far up his own butt to see he could see that those around him were worse off.

Theodore hand and arm was still bandaged up and would stay that way until the Healers said so. Now they would take the test every 3 days at their house, where it was. He put the child's cloak on and grinned at him tiredly. This past month and a half had been rough for the both of them. He kept his word and had gone to the funerals with the child and he could honestly say which each funeral they went too, it just got harder and harder. He only hoped Severus and Albus was able to help Harry with his grief. As he slipped the boy's shoes on he froze as he heard the static coming in from the Wizarding Wireless. They had heard more from this in the past few months then in the last 10 years he was sure of it. Nonetheless he heard Molly hushing her brood as they all quieted to hear the announcement.

~Attention Ladies and Gentleman of the magical community of Britain. My name is Amelia Bones, currently filling in for our Minister Cornelius Fudge. I come to you on the wireless with some breaking news. It has been brought to our attention that 13 years one Sirius Black who was convicted of killing 13 muggles and a wizard is indeed innocent. He was not given a trial, so therefore no truth serum was ever given, and due to new evidence the ministry has realized we have made a grave error. As you all know Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban prison, in the early days of October and we had thought he was heading to Hogwarts. Speaking of which, the school is rebuilding quite nicely and we have added in wards to alert us of natural disasters in the future. For more information on the school, check your daily Prophet for updates.

Now back to what I saying, Sirius Black if you are out there, and you heard this message. Come to Ministry so you can have your trial. We are so sorry for this error, and once you are cleared we will be reviewing just how this slipped through our fingers. Thank you all for your time~

Remus gasped loudly, his hand going to clutch his heart as he feared it was just going to beat completely out of his chest. He couldn't believe it, Sirius was innocent? He had turned his back on his friend all this years? What had truly happened that night? He felt himself choking slightly on his air, his vision starting to darken in the corners of his eyes when he heard Theodore's frantic voice.

"Professor? Professor! Uncle Remus!" The boy screamed out falling back on the bed, as his knees came up to his chest in a self comfort method. He stared in horror as his guardian's legs buckled and he started to fall to the floor.

"Bill catch him!" Arthur yelled out to his oldest who had just walked into the room and was closest to that side.

That was the last thing Remus was aware of before he let the darkness take him. He wasn't aware that the eldest child of Arthur had succeeded in catching him before he hit the ground, nor the fact that his godson suffered a severe panic attack, thinking that his new godfather was dying. He wasn't aware of anything just the blissful floating sensation as his mind tried to come to grips about his betrayal to one of his best friends.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think? The angst is gone for now...but it will be back..and I'm sorry in advance..lol Hope you liked it. And of course Sirius is forgive Remus and vice versa...duh!!! lol