Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Rescue Preparations

Harry stared at the man in wonder. He had come for him! The Professor had really come for him!

"P-P-Pro-of-essor-r," Harry whispered, but all that came out of his mouth was a faint mumbling and he felt frustrated.

"Harry, what have they done to you?" The Potion Master whispered, clearly shocked about the state the boy was in.

Harry tried to tell the man that he didn't know, but quickly gave up. Instead, he just shrugged his shoulders - well, at least he made an attempt to do so, but as he had hardly more control over his body than he had over his voice, he only managed to lift them up an inch or so.

The Professor, however, seemed to get the message, because after a few seconds in which he just looked at Harry strangely, he began to talk.

When it became clear to Severus that Harry wouldn't be able to answer any questions, he decided that the best course of action would be to tell the boy what had happened since the day he had been committed to St Mungo's (an edited version, of course, it wouldn't do to frighten him by telling him what Albus had planned for him) as he doubted that anyone from the staff had taken the time to do so. And of course, he needed to reassure the boy that he would be out of here soon. Harry was bound to have noticed the Longbottom's, and while he didn't know whether their son had told his room-mates anything about his family, the extraordinary resemblance between Alice and Neville practically assured that Harry had made the connection. And if the Longbottom-boy had told him about the fate of his parents... no, he wouldn't allow Harry to worry whether he would stay on this ward permanently, too!

Severus looked straight into Harry's eyes, determined not to miss the slightest reaction the boy might have to what he was about to tell. "Harry, I know you can't speak or move, but I just want you to listen to me. If you have a question, try to blink with your eyes and I will try to guess what it is that you want to know. However, you'll be able to ask any question you wish as soon as you are out of here - and rest assured, it won't be long! - so we will only deal with the really important issues right now. All right?"

Harry looked back at him eagerly, and Severus assumed that this was a good sign. At least Harry seemed to be able to comprehend what was going on.

"You are at St Mungo's, the wizarding hospital. It's in London, and you are on the closed ward. Most other people here have suffered some sort of permanent spell-damage. You have been here for almost a week -"
(at this, Harry's eyes widened ever so slightly. Severus could only assume that the boy didn't have any clue about whether he had been here mere hours or month' and again, he cursed the staff of St Mungo's. Didn't they know what it could do to a human mind if people had no sense of time?! It might very well drive them mad - but then, perhaps it wasn't so surprising, considering Harry's current whereabouts...)

"yes, it's Sunday now. You have been here since last Monday, after the hor- the demon attacked you during lunch in the Great Hall. The headmaster decided it would be in your best interest to be taken to St Mungo's for treatment, but I have already made arrangements to get you out of here. It might take a few more days, but I promise that you'll be out of here in less than a week. I have spoken to your Aunt, and she has agreed that I take you in for the time being, as your relatives are muggles and therefore unable to deal with your problems appropriately. Of course, you can see them whenever you wish and if - when you have recovered, you can decided for yourself whether you want to live with the Dursley's or - or not. Also, I have spoken to Dr Green -" (here, Harry's face lit up) "and he will help me getting you out of here and will assist in getting you better again. I have started to research possible treatments for your... for your condition, and I will do everything possible to get the demon out of your head and to get you healthy again, all right?"

Severus was well aware that he had omitted a great deal of information, but there was no use in Harry worrying over what he - well, the Horcrux - had done to Ron Weasley or about the headmaster or that he, Severus Snape, would not only care for him now but be his official guardian. No, all of this could wait until he had the boy out of here and he could speak again.

Concentrating on Harry again, the Potion Master saw the boy making an effort to nod and he lay his hand on Harry's forehead in order to stop him from overtaxing himself. "All right, now-" But before he could say anything else, one of the nurses approached Harry's bed.

"Mr Snape, I'm sorry, but you need to leave now. Mr Potter isn't very well yet and we need to administer treatment again that will hopefully help the young man in the long run."

"Oh, right..." Severus answered. He turned back to Harry to tell him that he would come back in a few day's time. However, the words became stuck in his throat when he saw the look of horror on the boy's face. He followed his gaze and saw three other people - a healer and two nurses as far as Severus could tell - approaching Harry's bed, their wands drawn.

"Harry, I promise I get you out of here very very soon, just try to relax, it will all be over soon and you'll be safe!" He whispered,carefully squeezing the boy's hand again and was glad when Harry's eyes snapped back to him. However, the look of utter defeat in his eyes worried him. What were these people doing to Harry?

"Mr Snape, if you would...?"

"Yes, all right - goodbye, Harry! Don't worry, I'll be back soon!" And with a last glance at the clearly terrified boy, Severus turned towards the door that led back to the corridor. Just when he had reached it, he heard something that was obviously an attempt to scream and and admonition to calm down and be quiet directly afterwards. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Alice Longbottom getting up, turning towards Harry's bed.

Then, however, the door opened for him and he stepped out into the dark corridor. The door fell shut a second later and he couldn't here anything from inside the ward any longer. Apparently, St Mungo's had magically soundproofed this ward.

###

Severus leaned on the wall next to the door, closing his eyes. This was... horrible. Whatever they 'treated' Harry with, he doubted it would do any good, and hearing the boy's sounds of distress had once again left him feeling guilty. All he wanted to do was getting Harry out of there, away from a place and people that clearly frightened the child. He was his guardian for crying out loud!

As usually, though, Severus managed to suppress his emotions and reason took over. If he would just demand St Mungo's handing over the boy or even abducting him from the hospital, it was quite possible that the healers would contact the ministry. And while this might ensure that Albus couldn't kill the boy (at least for the time being), anything the ministry might do to Harry would hardly be any better - especially if they learnt about the Boy-Who-Lives having attacked his classmates. Not to mention that after such a stunt, Severus would never keep custody of Harry. And of course, the healers were likely to inform the headmaster about the matter if he took Harry without making sure that everything was in order and legally valid.

Which meant he would need to wait at least until tomorrow, because there was no way the changed guardianship of Harry Potter had been registered in the ministry's records during the weekend. And even then he needed to secure McGonagall's support in order to override Albus Dumbledore's demand for the boy staying on the closed ward. But once he had Minerva's support... there wasn't really anything Albus could do against Harry's head of house (and his own deputy) and the boy's legal guardian taking him out of the questionable care of St Mungo's.

It wouldn't hurt to get some official documents from Dr Green either. While he was a muggle, he was also a professional doctor, and if the matter became public or if someone called for a trial in order to decide where Harry should stay, there was no way the ministry (or Albus) simply could dismiss the doctor's concerns, not without causing a serious uproar amongst the pro-muggle faction of the wizarding world.

The Potion Master was pulled out of his musings when a nurse passed the corridor where he was still leaning against the wall, and after receiving a curious glance, he made his way to the stairwell.

Now it came in handy that, in his time as a Death Eater, he had been commanded to alter (or even remove) medical files both from fellow followers of the Dark Lord and from some of their victims several times. Ignoring the "staff only!" sign, Severus slipped down in the cellar of St Mungo's where he knew all files from everyone who had ever been treated in this hospital were stored. Magic certainly simplified bureaucracy, as the healers and nurses on the wards had only to jot down notes about their patients condition and treatment in some temporary records that would automatically be copied in the central files of the respective patient. Another advantage was that the files would see to everything being neat and tidy and not the illegible scrawl the ordinary wizard (and healers especially) produced with the quill.

Dismantling the wards took Severus less then 5 minutes, which he was rather proud of. It seemed he hadn't forgotten the more useful skills that had come with being a Death Eater (and a spy to boot)! A simple "Accio!" prevented him from having to spend the rest of his life searching for the right file, and a shrinking charm later, the Potion Master had Harry's file safely stored inside his pocket. After he had set up the wards again and cast a few spells that ensured that nobody except the most highly skilled (and paranoid) Aurors would be able to tell that someone had entered the room without permission, he slipped back to the stairwell and when he had reached the ground floor once again, the adrenalin in his system started to fade.

After all, this was about Harry and not about some anonymous (or at least unimportant) victim of the Dark Lord. He hadn't really cared that much about getting caught 'enhancing' their files. But being caught stealing the records of Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, current inmate of the closed ward and 'possessed' by a piece of the Dark Lord himself... no, Severus didn't want to think about what could have happened if this had gone wrong.

Oh, he didn't care about having to pay a fine or being banned from the hospital permanently or something equally ridiculous, but if he had been caught his only chance of getting the boy out of here (without the two of them having to go underground for the rest of their life) and therefore out of Albus' reach had been to obliviate half of the staff of both the ministry and St Mungo's. No, this way, it was much easier.


"... and of course they have used exactly the spell Pomfrey - our medi-witch - used to examine his mind, despite me telling this fool of an emergency-healer not to do it! Not to mention the potions they have given him, several of them might interact with the substances you have prescribed him, why can't you healer-lot not just listening to other people's advice?!" Severus ranted on and on.

It was Monday evening and five minutes ago, he had apparated into Dr Green's office, having received a message from the man during breakfast that it would be safe to do so. Hedwig (who had brought the message) had been rather proud at having managed all the way to Surrey and back to Scotland in less than 24 hours and Severus had been grateful that he would be able to yell at one of those stupid healers the very same day. Sure, it might be unfair to vent his fury on Dr Green, who neither was really a healer nor in any way responsible for Harry's current situation, but as it would be... unwise to confront the healers at St Mungo's just now, Severus choose to ignore such little details.

When he had scanned through Harry's file the previous evening, it had taken him all his will-power not to go finding the healers immediately and hex them into oblivion. These fools! Not only had they used practically every potion and spell he had warned the healer not to try, but they also seemed to have the intention to drive Harry mad! As far as Severus could tell, all the spells and potions they used to keep the boy calm led to him being completely at the mercy of the Horcrux, unable to fight, entirely helpless. Of course, in such a state, the vile being couldn't do much harm to Harry's body, but the Potion Master almost didn't dare to think about the possible effects this could have on his sanity - if the Horcrux couldn't harm Harry physically, what would it do to his mind?

"Well, I can't say much about all those potions and spells, but it doesn't seem to be right to treat an eleven-year-old boy on the same ward as adults with severe and permanent brain-damage. Not to mention that forcing Harry to stay in a bed the entire time will hardly do him any good. Doesn't your people's medical profession realize that there is more in treating someone with a psychosis - well, yes, or a similar issue - than preventing him from hurting himself?" Dr Green, who had studied Harry's file from St Mungo's, replied.

"I don't think they have any idea of what exactly is wrong with Harry - not that this is such a bad thing, it would be much harder to get him out of there if they did," Severus hastily added, "But the headmaster surely hasn't told the staff about his plans for the boy, and it isn't as if Horcruxes are well-known by the majority of the population, even the ones with medical training..."

Dr Green eyed the Potion Master thoughtfully. Well, Severus couldn't blame him for being somewhat... reserved when it came to wizards, not with everything the man had learned about their world until now. First Harry's parents being killed by a lunatic, then not making sure the boy hadn't sustained any injuries during the attack, finally placing him in an environment that was - at best - neglectful and made it impossible for him to get the help he desperately needed.
Of course, the Dursley's weren't entirely blameless either, but then, if Petunia had told him the truth, they had at least tried to contact anyone from the wizarding world as soon as it had become apparent that Harry was somehow... odd, even by wizarding standards.

"Well, then what are you planning to do now?" The Doctor asked the Professor.

"Getting Harry out of there." Severus replied without hesitation.

"And then?"

The Potion Master considered the question. "I don't really know," He finally admitted, "I will try to find a means to get rid of the the Horcrux. In the meantime... well, if it is reasonably safe to do so, it might be best if Harry resumes taking the medicine you have given him during the last few years. After all, you managed to keep him alive and even out of hospital for most of the time..."

"Part of the time," Dr Green corrected, "Harry got worse with the years... I don't know how long it would have been safe to let him stay with his family. It's quite possible that he had ended up in a closed institution permanently, I don't know... but anyway, from what you have told me about those Horcruxes, there is no way to destroy it without killing Harry, too. Or have I missed something?"

"Horcruxes aren't meant to reside in a living being - much less a human! Nobody can tell whether killing the person the Horcrux has taken possession of really is the only way to destroy this abomination. I have spoken to a witch that is quite... knowledgeable about those things..." Severus trailed of.

"And?" Dr Green prompted after a few seconds of silence.

"There might be a way... she wasn't very clear, and all the methods she mentioned are fatally, but her last remark... well, I have to think about it, and perhaps the witch might even deign to reveal more information, but I don't think she would have said something like this if she hadn't thought about something specific..." Again, The Potion Master fell silent. He had spent the better part of the weekend thinking about Audrey's remark about making sure that Harry couldn't be killed before exposing him to something that would, under normal circumstances, be fatal for the child.

"Well, then, when do you plan taking Harry out of there? And where will he go?" Dr Green asked, obviously sensing that the Potion Master wouldn't reveal much more about possible... well, 'cures' until he had found out more about those...creatures.

"I think the best course of action would be to keep him in my quarters at Hogwarts. There is hardly a place more heavily warded then the dungeons of the castle. If Dumbledore tries to interfere... well, there is always the house I grew up in, and of course, several residences from the Prince-family - my mother's family," he added.

"But if Harry stays at that school, wouldn't the headmaster get hold of him?"

"Not if I don't allow him to enter my chambers, no." Severus had already thought about whether it would be safe to stay at Hogwarts once he had the boy. But when he had asked the portraits in the dungeons, the house elf that was assigned to take care of the quarters of the head of Slytherin and Minerva, their answers had been unanimous: If a Head of House choose to ban the headmaster from his personal quarters (and set up a few extra wards) there was nothing Albus could do about it.
The Founders - who had been the first heads of houses, after all - had seen to this. All four of them had been equally powerful wizards - despite what everyone said about Hufflepuff - but of course there had been a rather firth competition (not only between Gryffindor and Slytherin). So it was only natural that they had warded their quarters and even made sure that future generations of heads of houses would be safe.

It even seemed that this was common knowledge amongst the majority of the staff, but somehow, the old coot must have 'forgotten' to mention it when appointing Severus head of Slytherin.

"All right then, but if I remember correctly, you are a teacher. I don't think it would be wise to leave Harry on his own device, completely without supervision for prolonged periods of time - if at all!"

"The boy's head of house - Minerva McGongall - has already agreed to support me. She was the one who asked me to look after Harry in the first place, mind you. Well, and then there is Poppy Pomfrey, our medi-witch, I'm sure she'll be ready to help, too."

"That are three people, you included, and all of you seems to have other duties as well. I can't really imagine this being enough, especially if Harry fares even worse than he did in the previous years..." Dr Green said doubtfully.

"Hmmm..." Severus considered the doctor's word. "Well, if it's really bad, I can always quit teaching... at least for a while..."

"That might be sensible." Dr Green replied seriously, "Of course, as long as you can make sure that Harry - or the Horcrux - doesn't start hexing the nurses or the other patients, he could always come here... we have dealt with him before, after all."

Severus inclined his head. "I appreciate the offer. We have to see whether it will be safe to do so, though, I don't know what state Harry will be in upon his discharge. And then we have to consider Dumbledore, of course. I doubt he would have any inhibitions taking Harry and obliviating all of you when he thinks it's for some greater good." He sneered at the last words. "But," and Severus turned serious again, "I have rather hoped that you would be able to come to Hogwarts - or my home, where ever we'll stay - once in a while. Harry knows you and you have experiences when it comes to dealing with him. Additionally, you are the only one who knows how to handle these medications."

"Of course, well, if I'm able to enter a wizarding castle, that is. Your wizards seem rather reclusive," the Doctor smirked in a way that would have made the Potion Master proud.

"That won't be a problem, there are spells that ensure that squibs and muggles can enter the castle without difficulties".

Severus considered his next question carefully, he didn't want the doctor to think that he just wanted to find an easy way to sedate Harry. "Mh, since you have managed to keep Harry rather healthy throughout the years... are there any other means of treatment I should know about? I mean, I don't know much about muggle medicine in general, and many things your people do to help the sick or injured won't help a wizard, they might be even be dangerous, but perhaps there is something useful..." He trailed off.

"Well, apart from trying different drugs and restraining him when it got really bad there wasn't much we could do about it. We still know too little about psychoses to treat it properly, it's only by trial and error that we can decided which substance works on a particular person. And of course, there are people who suffer from psychosis that don't respond to any treatment at all. I rather feared that Harry might belong to this group, as he just wouldn't get better, but since he doesn't seem to be psychotic at all..."

"There is nothing else you can do about it other than describing drugs and preventing the person from injuring himself or others by tying him down?"

"Well, there have been attempts to stimulate the brain of people who suffer from severe psychoses by conducting electric current through their brain-"

"What?" Severus asked incredulously. Oh, unlike some purebloods he knew about electricity and what muggles had achieved by utilizing it, but energizing a person's brain?

"It isn't done any longer," Dr Green hurried to explain, "although there are scientists who claim that as long as it is done while the patient is under anaesthetic it might actually have a positive effect..."

"This... this treatment isn't, by any chance, known as electric shock treatment, is it?" The Potion Master asked thoughtfully.

"Yes, that's exactly what it is called like," Dr Green answered, surprised that the other man knew the correct term (as until now, he had got the impression that wizards were rather oblivious when it came to the modern world and recent achievements).

"I have read about it in one of those books from the library," Severus explained, having seen the doctors surprise, "it sounds rather cruel, though."

"Yes, well, it's not done any longer so the point is moot anyway. In many cases it seemed to have been used as a punishment, a threat to make the patient behave themselves. But then, there are a few cases in which the people really seemed to have benefited from the treatment and were able to lead a normal life..."

The two men discussed the pros and cons of electro-convulsive therapy for a while longer and in the end, Dr Green borrowed the Potion Master a book about the subject. He wasn't an expert when it came to this sort of treatment since even when ECT had still been more common it was hardly ever used on children.
However, he only did so after making the Potion Master promise that he wouldn't try anything without the doctor's knowledge and consent. Snape might appear to have Harry's best interest at heart, but after what he learned about wizards Dr Green wasn't prepared to take any chances

Severus was deeply offended by the warning the Doctor gave him about not trying to conduct electricity through a human being - Harry no less! But well, as long as the muggle did so out of concern for Harry he shouldn't really mind. It meant that he was less likely to agree with Dumbledore should the two men ever meet, didn't it?

When Severus had appeased the doctor he prepared to take his leave."Well, if you don't mind, it's getting rather late and I need to return to Scotland soon - I need as much of this medicine as you can spare. Preferably in liquid form, though, it'll be easier to analyse with the means of a potion lab."

Dr Green made him promise to stay in his office and went first to the ward where the more frequently used substances where stored and then even to the room where the rarer - and more dangerous - drugs were kept. He returned with a box a short while later, mumbling to himself that this was madness.

Louder, he said: "You realize that if this becomes public, I'll lose my job?"

"Yes." Severus stated. "However, I don't plan to let anybody know about this, except perhaps the medi-witch, as she might know things about those drugs I don't."

"All right, then..." Dr Green answered, although he still looked doubtfully. Well, he couldn't blame the man, Severus thought, but as long as he was cooperative he wouldn't argue with him.

"You remember what I have said about the documents?" The Potion Master asked, already readying himself for apparation.

"Of course. I'll send you everything within the next few days."


In the end, it took Severus four additional days until everything was ready to take Harry out of St Mungo's.

He and Poppy studied the different substances Dr Green had provided them with in depths and decided that, for now, they would give Harry one antipsychotic regularly and a benzodiazepin whenever it seemed that Harry couldn't control the Horcrux any longer himself. The antipsychotic they had chosen had been approved by Dr Green, too, and the two of them had been rather relieved by it, since most other substances were either completely foreign to both the medi-witch and the Potion Master or their magical counterparts were considered rather dark and in most cases even dangerous.

Wednesday morning, Hedwig had delivered the official-looking documents Severus had asked the Doctor to send him, and even so it was obvious that they were muggle, it could only help their case if they had the approval of a specialist when demanding Harry's discharge.

Minerva had agreed on accompanying Severus to the hospital after classes had ended on Thursday afternoon and Poppy was an alert and would be ready to help if Harry required the assistance of a medi-witch once he was safe in Severus quarters (that's wards had already been strengthened and enhanced).

And so it was that on Thursday evening, the two Hogwarts-Professors discreetly left the grounds, apparated to London and finally knocked on the door of the Janus-Thickey Ward, waiting tensely.

###

Harry didn't know whether Professor Snape really had come and promised him to take him out of here or if everything had just been a dream. His inability to speak coherently prevented him from asking the nurses or doctors that regularly approached his bed and cast one spell or another on him.

Not that it was likely that he would have gotten an answer anyway, as the people on this ward hardly spoke to him at all. They never explained what they were doing next or why they had to cast the spell on him that made Harry feel as if he lost part of his sanity each time he had to endure the incredible pain. They only told him to calm down or to lie still if Harry managed to get out a moan or tried to get away from their wands, despite the charms that made his body feel like it was filled with lead, rendering him unable to move like he wanted to.

The worst part, though, were neither the spells nor the general unfriendliness of the people nor the fact that he had to stay in bed the entire time. No, the worst thing was what the spells seemed to do to his mind.

Harry couldn't tell when exactly it had started, but it had become worse over the last few days (well, he supposed it had been days, but he couldn't really tell as he still had no real sense of time). Somehow, the hexes made it even easier for the demon to get past him, to take control over almost his entire mind and as a result its attempts to hurt or kill Harry had become more violent.

And although it couldn't really do much to hurt his body (since even the demon was unable to do anything about the spells that prevented Harry from moving or even leaving the bed) it was pure hell. Harry wished that the damned creature would just slam his head against something solid in order to make him loose consciousness.

He didn't know how much longer he would last.

It was hard to describe what the demon did to his head, but Harry was rather sure that if this wouldn't stop very soon, he would die. Not physically, perhaps, but mentally. It felt as if the thing tried to rip his mind apart. It tore on Harry's very being and more than once Harry had thought that

at any moment now he would cease to exist. Then there were times when it screamed and tore through his mind with a speed that made him feel thick, and sometimes it forced Harry to watch horrifying scenes of other people getting tortured, and he knew that this was exactly what would await him once the demon had conquered him.

It was terrifying.

And it became even more terrifying when the white people started to make him swallow a potion each time before they cast that spell on him. His mind was too... open, too exposed, there was so much light and he couldn't shield himself from it - it wasn't a nice light, not that sort of light the nurses on Dr Green's ward had given him for the night to drive monsters away, no, it was a blinding white flash of light that flared up and crept into the very corners of his being.

The demon, enraged by the light or the intrusion or just by Harry himself, he didn't know, screamed and uttered terrible threats while rushing forward, chasing through his head, seemingly searching for an exit and in the process of doing so ripping on the very foundation of him, of his mind, of Harry.

Harry could feel that he was getting worse, and the thought what might happen to him soon terrified the child. Neville's mum seemed to sense his despair, as she used to sitting on the edge of his bed more and more often, caressing his head. Sometimes, she even put him upright and leaned his body against her thin frame, hugging him, humming a soft tune that was oddly familiar.

He didn't know how, though. He was sure that Aunt Petunia had never hummed to him, and Dudley's bedroom had been too far away from his cupboard for him to having overheard something quieter than the killing of another alien. And while the nurses and Dr Green had been much nicer than the people on this ward, they surely had never hummed to him!

He didn't give the matter much thought, though, as he could hardly concentrate anyway.

Harry was just trying to relax while, once again, Neville's mum was sitting beside him when suddenly, he became aware of loud voices coming from a part of the ward he couldn't see. He tensed. Hopefully, this didn't mean that anything bad was going to happen. He clearly remembered the last time he had heard loud voices (although then, they had been next to his bed) and the pain that had followed the argument.

Neville's mum, noticing the child's distress, carefully hugged him.

The next thing Harry knew was that there were two familiar black-dressed people staring at him and Neville's mum, obviously shocked at what they were seeing.

"Uuh-uhm, h-he-eyy..." Harry whispered.

###

To say that Severus was surprised when he saw Alice Longbottom sitting on the side of Harry's bed, cradling the boy to her chest and humming the same tune Lily had each time she had to bring baby Harry to an Order-meeting and the boy had fussed was an understatement.

Next to him, Severus heard Minerva drawing in a sharp breath, obviously he wasn't the only one who hadn't expected to find this when they had demanded to see Harry.

The nurse that had opened the door had, at first, flatly refused to let them see the boy, claiming that visiting hours had long since ended. When Severus had stated that as the child's guardian he had every right to see him whenever he wanted the irritating woman had grudgingly allowed him in but still refused to let Minerva accompanying him. It was only when he had told the witch in not uncertain terms that he wanted Harry to be discharged immediately that she had given in, and while she had all but run into the little room next to the ward where the healer-in-charge was currently reading the Daily Prophet, nipping on a cup of tea every now and then, the two Professors had made their way to Harry's bed.

While Severus was still trying to process what was going on, Minerva had already recovered and addressed the two people in front of her. "Harry, Alice... it's nice to see that the two of you have become friends..."

Chapter End Notes:
Next Chapter: Will they manage to get Harry out? And what will happen once Harry finds out more about Dumbledore or what has happened to Ron?