It would appear that everything bad happens to Harry Potter. He just can't seem to catch a break. Thus, once again, he's dealt a bad hand. Forced to stay within ten feet of the man who seems to hate him even more than Voldemort himself, Harry must struggle to survive - if not physically, then definitely emotionally. But sometimes in the hardest of times, one can learn things that were never imagined possible. Can Harry and Severus learn to look past the masks and see the true heart behind it?
|Takes Place: 5th Year
|Snape flavour: None
|Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape
||Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Humor, Hurt/Comfort
||Word count: 90908
|Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Ron, Sirius, Umbridge
11 Jan 2014 - Updated:
14 Jul 2017
So, I was coming to the site to read the latest stories on my phone, when I accidently pressed the challenges section. (You know how it is, tiny screen, only so much area to press.) I ended up sticking around and reading one. It kind of bit me in the face. Suddenly, everything just seemed to click into place in my mind as a story formed. Funny how those challenges are pretty helpful. :) I've got plans for this story, hopefully some familar strands mixed with some unusual ones of my own flair.
Hope ya'll enjoy the ride with me. :3
1. One: The Start of a Bad Day by Anthezar [Reviews - 25] (1295 words)
2. Two: You and Me Together by Anthezar [Reviews - 22] (2646 words)
My word, what response! I didn't think I'd get so many reviews in one day. Good heavens. Thank you all for the lovely reviews. I wish procrastination was an issue, because then I could battle it out. But right now it's more health issues. So, while my normal writing standard is 4k to 10k per chapter, I'm going to try to keep it between 2k to 3k. That way I'm not overwhelmed by it. It's actually a miracle I wrote something and I'm really hoping it'll continue.
Thank you for catching any editing mistakes, because I do proofread my work at least three times before ever submitting it. But I still miss stuff. So, thank you.
I hope you all will enjoy this next chapter!
3. Three: Departure to the Dungeons by Anthezar [Reviews - 16] (2995 words)
Thank you so much for all the wonderful reviews! I really appreciate it. *huggles* I actually find my story being called fresh an intense compliment. I have read a ton of Harry Potter fanfiction, so I do hope that during this story I can bring some of the things we all love with plenty of different twists.
Honestly, it's a miracle I'm writing anything. So happy about that.
Ah, I always forget about Archive. XD My FanFiction account is far more updated. So, if you like my writing and want to read a completed story about the Teen Titans, the link is in my profile here. It was actually inspired by all the Snape & Harry stories I've read. *smiles*
On with the story!
4. Four: Out of the Fire by Anthezar [Reviews - 18] (2182 words)
I kept looking at the last half of this chapter and thought, "Chapter, y u no write yourself?" XD Haha, also I kept finding odd mistakes while editing, so if I missed something, please let me know and I'll fix it. Especially if you find male pronouns while talking about a female...
Well, that's debatable...
5. Five: Cauldrons Challenge by Anthezar [Reviews - 15] (3468 words)
I just wanted to thank you all for the lovely reviews and wonderful encouragement. They each bring me a smile and push me to write. :3 So, thank you very much.
I wonder if Umbridge is stupid or blind… Or perhaps she is merely very brave. *whistles innocently* I have to say that Umbridge has to be one of my favorite villainesses. She’s scary stuff. What's the fun having Umbridge go down in the 4th chapter?
Because apparently in my brain, this isn't a short story anymore. No worries, though, Umbridge will go down. Oh, yes. There's no doubt. When it all hits the fan, even Voldie is gonna be running for the hills from Sev's fury. Haha.
However, I am known for drawing things out. XD My last FF novel was 275k.
Dear Merlin, I seriously hope this isn't that long. O.o
6. Six: Custody of the Enigma by Anthezar [Reviews - 14] (4508 words)
Mmmm, seems like my chapters are getting bigger with each passing chapter. LOL. Ah, well. Fits my style better, actually. Thanks for all the lovely reviews and I hope you all enjoy this next chapter. :3
7. Seven: Extending the Distance by Anthezar [Reviews - 25] (3542 words)
While finishing this chapter up, I listened to 'Just Be Friends', MARiA version.
Just the title of that song... *snickers*
Well, I finally have an update for you all. I hope you enjoy it. :)
8. Eight: Into the Frying Pan by Anthezar [Reviews - 20] (2693 words)
Awe, thank you all so much for the lovely reviews! I'm so glad everyone still loves this story, even with my erratic posting schedule. *huggles*
9. Nine: Shall We Dance? by Anthezar [Reviews - 14] (2752 words)
10. Ten: The Road Less Traveled By by Anthezar [Reviews - 19] (3101 words)
11. Eleven: Getting to Know You by Anthezar [Reviews - 8] (3570 words)
Oh, look. I updated. It's a miracle, that. XD
12. Twelve: Blibbering Humdingers and Thieving Nargles by Anthezar [Reviews - 11] (2447 words)
Haha, the previous title is meant to be sung. So was the title of chapter nine. ;)
So, just a heads up: you might want to abstain from all beverages while reading this chapter.
Just saying. =P
13. Thirteen: Cruelty by Anthezar [Reviews - 16] (2246 words)
This hasn't been through my beta, who is a TextAloud reader. Instead, I'm using that time to continue writing the next chapters, since it seems to be flowing. Haha. So, if there are missing words, misplaced words - which is what I do, a lot - sorry about that. ^^;
14. Fourteen: The Crippling Vice by Anthezar [Reviews - 15] (2536 words)
Wooo, another update. And, once again, no beta. ^^; But I just wanted to say that you all are awesome! Thank you so much for your lovely comments. They definitely keep me going. So thank you! -huggles-
15. Fifteen: Misadventures of Treacle Tart by Anthezar [Reviews - 7] (3226 words)
So, the good news is I have a post for tomorrow and Friday. :) (Two more chapters) After that, we'll see. LOL. I am working on it, though. Ya'll can thank Nanowrimo for that. Since, apparently, my original novel is being like, NOPE. XD So, I'll post in the mornings, EST.
16. Sixteen: Butterfly Tears by Anthezar [Reviews - 8] (2875 words)
I can't believe I've made it this far, but I also can't believe I started this idea over a year ago! O.o Good grief, time flies by. Thank you all for your lovely comments! Enjoy!
17. Seventeen: Life Isn't Fair by Anthezar [Reviews - 6] (2289 words)
Bless you all for your wonderful comments! -huggles all-
18. Eighteen: Like the Father Before Him by Anthezar [Reviews - 16] (2810 words)
Awe, you are all wonderful. Thank you so much! :)
19. Nineteen: Someone Said Otherwise by Anthezar [Reviews - 16] (3611 words)
Wow, thank you all so much for your wonderful reviews. I'm so glad you're all enjoying it so much. :)
20. Twenty: Her Last Detention by Anthezar [Reviews - 29] (3199 words)
Hi all! I hope, for those of you who celebrate it, had a lovely Thanksgiving. I also hope you had fun on Black Friday, whether or not you picked up anything. Haha. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews. I really appreciate it. :)
21. Twenty-One: He Became ‘Harry’ by Anthezar [Reviews - 4] (2095 words)
*waves* I'm back! :)
So, I'll be trying to update more often. I have another fanfiction story that I have to update as well. (Teen Titans) But I'm not expecting years in between updates, haha...
22. Twenty-Two: Prefect Duty by Anthezar [Reviews - 11] (1691 words)
Yay for new chapter! :)
23. Twenty-Three: No Better Protector by Anthezar [Reviews - 9] (2452 words)
24. Twenty-Four: A Change in Perspective by Anthezar [Reviews - 7] (2749 words)
25. Twenty-Five: False Finality by Anthezar [Reviews - 8] (1910 words)
26. Twenty-Six: Dislike vs. Hate by Anthezar [Reviews - 6] (2763 words)
27. Twenty-Seven: Grown Accustomed by Anthezar [Reviews - 5] (2413 words)
28. Twenty-Eight: Warmth by Anthezar [Reviews - 5] (2659 words)
29. Twenty-Nine: Poison From Within by Anthezar [Reviews - 4] (3145 words)
30. Thirty: Expecto Patronum by Anthezar [Reviews - 5] (2890 words)
31. Thirty-One: The Plague of the Toad by Anthezar [Reviews - 3] (2548 words)
32. Thirty-Two: Five Ways to Cook Frog Legs by Anthezar [Reviews - 4] (3069 words)
33. Thirty-Three: Headmaster vs. Headmistress by Anthezar [Reviews - 7] (2533 words)
To be continued...
is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 155 members. Members who liked One of Those Days
also liked 1580 other stories