Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 166] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: When an accident in potions causes imaginable damage to 3 different boys, perceptions start to change. One in particular of a dark and stern man, as truths start to come to light. How does one heal and move on from something like this? Who is left the task of picking up the pieces?

Rated: K+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 23 Feb 2015 - Updated: 19 Mar 2020
Awards:
Story Notes:

So this was on my desktop computer looking lonely and my laptop with all my current stories on it is in the process of being fixed I don't have access to them. So I thought why not write on one that has 3 chapters already written on them. I hope you like it, it's a different and I've never written a story like this before.  I won't be getting a beta, I don't like the scheduling issues that come with it. I do check and recheck my work over a period of a day before I post it. When writing starts to feel like a chore then I stop.

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 22] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5319 words) Printer

Its a pretty fast paced story, but I'm having a blast writing it. The errors at the boys speech is on purpose, they're five. Harry's is the way it is because it seemed most logical for him to have issues with speech since his relatives never liked him talking at home and with the bullying at school.

2. Chapter 2 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5795 words) Printer

Thanks so much for the reviews! They were all awesome, and you get this a few hours earlier. I'm so glad most of you think this could be a good story. I hope you enjoy it

3. Chapter 3 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarstar (5228 words) Printer

I was dismayed by the reviews from last chapter, especially given the favorites and the views, so this is a day late. Motivation is a good factor, as I do have 2 additional chapters written in case my muse decides she is feeling unappreciated and takes another hike.

4. Chapter 4 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (9765 words) Printer

Thanks to my faithful reviewers you guys are awesome! This is posted today, because it was starting to get ridiculously long for no reason. And if I kept it for another day it would get added too. Enjoy it!

5. Chapter 5 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4980 words) Printer

This is late, because I couldn't focus on this chapter and I'm trying to have a minumum of 5000 words each chapter..but I failed here but the last chapter more then enough makes up for it.

6. Chapter 6 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7616 words) Printer

I am so sorry, the shopping didn't make its way into this chapter, too much came up.I feel like there is too much dialogue..idk. But guess what? Someone has made their appearance! And I'm so excited!

7. Chapter 7 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (8718 words) Printer

Hope you enjoy this chapter, the shopping trip and Neville explained, though a couple of you guessed it right.

8. Chapter 8 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5580 words) Printer

This is late because I went to the dentist last week, and he pulled out my remaining wisdom teeth, and I was in so much pain, still kind of am and I had to force myself to write this one. All the medicine that I take makes me want to sleep. Hopefully I'll get back into the rhythm of things, I love this story.

9. Chapter 9 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarstar (12314 words) Printer

I know this is so late, but its also 11,000 words so I hope I'm forgiven. Also, I wont be able to update for the summer, as I will be in summer camp. So hope you guys enjoy this.

10. Chapter 10 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5699 words) Printer

Here it is, hope you guys enjoy it. For all the people who complained about the way the boys talked, I wonder if you've ever worked in a setting with kids. I was at camp this summer and I noted that kids up to 11 still had the little word lisp that the boys in here have it. I had a group of 18 5-6 year old and 11 out of the 18 spoke the way the boys do. I toned it up just a bit, but that's it. I'm not changing my story. You forget this is fanfic..my fanfic..and as such I can do whatever I like with it. That is all, on to the story.

11. Chapter 11 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5245 words) Printer

I wrote this in two hours, it is off the press and I'm going to be after this. It might have more mistakes then usual, just point out the obvious ones and I'll go back and check when I'm rested up. Thanks!

12. Chapter 12 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (14335 words) Printer

Happy New Year, I hope you guys appreciate this. I wanted to get the whole Alley trip in one go and as such its a never ending chapter. It's my longest yet. So I hope you guys like it. I want to get back into consistent updates..so I'm trying. That being said there is a bit of profanity in this chapter..it's a but humorous and not to give anything away but I want to warn you guys in advance. Also one more bit, I'm sorry about the confusion earlier regarding the update and not being here. I found alot of blatant mistakes and I had to take it back and fix it but I had to give my eyes a rest first. Any who onto this mighty chapter.

13. Chapter 13 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5841 words) Printer

I struggled with this chapter, which is a first on this story. It was the scenes that involved Severus were very difficult for me. So I incorporated Albus into this more, it wasn't intentional its just its still quite hard to write his character for me.

On another note, Ch. 17 is nearly finished..lol It involved only the boys so my fingers flew lol. This story is winding down, but the next chapter we deal with Christmas and everything that comes with it!

14. Chapter 14 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (11775 words) Printer

Sorry this is so late, but Severus and Remus bonded a bit and Draco demanded attention. This was supposed to be the Christmas Chapter but it got to big for that. Also I would like to apologize in advance for the ending. It was too long as I said before.

15. Chapter 15 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (9133 words) Printer

I am sorry guys. I have no idea what the heck happened with this chapter. I was blissfully writing chapter 16 and 17 when I got a messaged asking if I was okay lol. My bad my computer had me thinking I had posted this when I did.

Beware this chapter is angsty and its the Christmas chapter the best I could do in the summer and October. There will be flashback scenes because I have some cute ones lol

Sirius makes his appearance and did I mention angst?

16. Chapter 16 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5825 words) Printer

Things are coming full circle, and I'm sorry there isn't a lot of Severus and Harry Love here, this was Neville's chapter. Anywho the story is winding down, hope yall enjoyed this.

17. Chapter 17 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3782 words) Printer

No excuses, just laziness and tiredness. It's coming full circle and I'm almost done.

18. Chapter 18 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (6670 words) Printer

There are a bunch of time jumps in here, they will be remembered in a flashback scene when the children age up. I felt the story was dragging so I didn't put them in.

Also there are some quotes taken directly from Harry Potter books 1-3, I don't own them obviously. They are slanted and in bold

19. Chapter 19 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3830 words) Printer

So, if you follow me on fanfiction, I usually update there first. It only takes me a second, compared to the fifteen minutes it takes here. This story is nearly over. One more chapter I think

20. Chapter 20 by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (1631 words) Printer

Hey, thanks for sticking with me on this long ride. This is finally the end, I had no excuse not to finish it, social distancing and all. Enjoy it, it’s not as long as I would have liked it, but it’s closure and the emotions are there and that’s what matters. Stay Safe everyone!

The End.
Severus Draconis Potter is the author of 13 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 115 members. Members who liked A Chance at Love also liked 1730 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5