Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
HIIII Enjoy!
The Unknown
Harry stumbled as his knees buckled to support the weight of his belongings on the edge of a steep cliff overlooking a tranquil ravine with streams echoing through the land. His foot slipped along the edge and he struggled to find balance to keep his organs intact. He quickly cast a feather-light charm on his belongings and used his Quidditch reflexes in action. If only I could have such a simple and glorious death, alas that doesn't seem to be the case; as usual!

Harry laughed as he stepped backwards, musing over the happy thoughts of death and the inviting prospect of meeting his parents,if only life were so easy as to have a switch off or pause button.

"Gryffindors," Snape sneered.

"And what is that supposed to mean Oh Supreme and Prime lion in snake's clothing?" Harry scowled.

"I am no 'Lion'. I do not have the foolish tendencies that empower you young hooligans to risk your lives for pointless reasons and throw your self preservation instincts to the wind. Not to mention laugh at the face of danger!"

"Oh, and you are a great example are you? Being a spy for the light, endangering your life...well, at least every day for the past eighteen years." Harry pretended to think, "Oh yeah, and risking your neck to save me through a period of extensive toils and troubles, not caring for a shred of your life. I think I have a great role model to follow, don't you?"

Snape's scowl deepened as he careful sought the words for an effective retort. The boy is uncannily right. I have had foolish tendencies through the years, especially where this rascal is concerned.

"Alright Potter, I have been an idiotic Lion for a few years, but that does not excuse your stupid actions from the day you stepped into Hogwarts."

"True, but whatcha gonna do about it?"

"I cannot do anything about it except warn you. You probably know that every culture creates different people due to the difference in the psychologies and philosophies of said cultures?"

"Yes, but whats that supposed to do with this?"

"I am getting there you insufferable dunderhead!," Snape calmed himself to recollect his resolve, " Yemenis are highly Gryffindor in some aspects but they have just as much Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff in them too."

"And this affects me how?"

"Are you drunk Mr Potter?"

"No why? and you haven't answered my question."

"This affects you because believe it or not, you are going to have to have more company than a yellowing portrait."

"Yeah, er... the population of Socotra is really low, and honestly you are a lot more friendly from my perception compared to the Arabs we studied in primary school."

"Imbecile! The same could have been said about the English in their schools, what would you say to that?"

"We are jerks, and we do steal and swindle people..."

Snape gave an exasperated sigh. What on Earth is making Potter so delusional?

"Potter," Snape interrupted Harry, "Have you had any drugs?"

"Nope! I landed here and just started feeling weird, like I am on top of the world."

"Felix Felicis?"

"No. I had my last in 6th year, you have some?"

"NO." Snape thought deeply Could the Dragonblood trees be affecting him?

"Harry, did you feel this way in Nait?"

"No sir, like I said, I reached here and I felt weird ever since."

"Do you have any potion substances in your bag?or trunk?"

"No," Harry laughed, "like you have pointed out a billion times, I am absolutely mediocre at potions. Do you really envision me carrying a bag filled with cauldrons and potions?"

Snape shuddered at the thought of blasting cauldrons ,"No, of course not Potter."

"Hey, you had called me Harry before!"

"Mr Potter," Snape said ignoring Harry's indignant claim, "You have to get an antidote for this, so we should go to Sanaa; its the capital city of Yemen."

"I am English remember, they will kill me... and you talk about self preservation," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Offer them your auror and dark arts skills; that should ensure your safety. You could even file a complaint against the British Ministry for all the stuff that evil Umbridge did to you."

"Really? I would love to do that, lets go!"

"Not yet, we will first have to go through the facts of life when dealing with Yemenis, and Arabs in general."

"You are sooo boring!"

"Oh Yippee. Now, "Snape said in his no-nonsense tone, "Like I said, they are Gryffindors; because they have a strong sense of family, a trait shared by Slytherins too, and they are fiercely loyal to their families, I swear they can kill for their families too."

"So they are extreme badgers, snakes and lions?"

"And eagles too... They are super smart and cunning. Most of the technological advances in the world have Arabs to thank for."

"Okay. So you are trying to tell me not to underestimate them and make sure of how to interact with them."

"You would give Granger a run for her money Mr Potter," Snape said impressed.

"I am going to do both, by the way. I really do wanna be an auror, and I can't wait to destroy and reveal Umbridge for who she really is."

"Were you a snake in another life?"

"Oh no.. sorting hat said I should go to Slytherin in my first and second year, but I tricked it into getting me into Gryffindor, bit easy really."

"SInce you have the layout now, go ahead to Sanaa. I will get the spells for establishment and habitation ready here till then."

"You are not coming?"

"No. Go on little Snake."

Harry scowled before apparating to Sanaa.

I almost feel like I like this new and open Potter Snape thought.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed this... the next chapter will be longer cuz it will have Auror talks and the whole home creation stuff.