Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 76] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: a respond to Spring Fic Fest! "What makes the little bastard think I don't care about him?"

That was the question that Severus Snape asked himself everyday since last week. The question that revolved around his son's latest temper tantrum since last week. And the same damn question that didn't leave him alone no matter what he did.
He even woke up with the thought swirling in his mind. What had he done to make Harry think he was being neglected?

Awards:
Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (3531 words) Printer

*EDITED.

Warnings for; Explicit use of language, Past child abuse, Child neglect, Spanking is only mentioned.

2. Chapter 2 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (6355 words) Printer

i decided to turn it into a three shot , chapter two was getting too long.

rate and review

3. Chapter 3 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (6250 words) Printer

this is the last chapter folks, i cried writing this one, something i rarely do while writing though.for anyone interested i uploaded two other stories for spring prompt waiting for validation. give them a shot.

warn me if there are any typos please and enjoy :)

thank you my great reviewers, i hope you enjoyed the story thus far.

rate and review.

4. Chapter 4 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (6376 words) Printer

hey there! i'm back, and i have decided to continue this fic at least until the baby is born. this new idea has been messing with my brain for a while. consider this a calm before the storm chapter and enjoy ;D

5. Chapter 5 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (6234 words) Printer

thank you! for reviewing, and waiting for my story, i love you guys ;) originally this was supposed to be uploaded at the same time with chapter six to spare you the cliffhanger, but then again with the validation problem i don't think that would be possible. so here's part one.
warnings: profanity and the usual...*i'm really sorry that i should warn you about this but it's necessary, so warnings for non-con child abuse and child/teen bed wetting. although it's not descriptive it is in this chapter*
sorry again.
and the song suggested for this chapter is 'Boat Song by JJ Heller'. give it a try.
read&review and also rate.enjoy ;)

6. Chapter 6 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (8912 words) Printer

THANK YOU REVIEWERS!! you have rocked my world and my inspiration! it took longer than i wanted to i admit that, mostly because it was a very heavy chapter, filled with angst, and since i was working on looking for stars at the same time it was a little depressing to do it in one go as i always do.
warnings for; extreme profanity, bed wetting, graphic descriptions of the freezing to death process that i myself found a little disturbing.
and heavy angst, i'm already warning you, get your tissues ready.
read&rate,and review please
suggested song; Hymn for the missing. (strongly suggested.)

7. Chapter 7 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (6406 words) Printer

Sorry, forgot the author note, just a few warnings though.
Warnings for ; extreme language, child abuse, medical descriptions and etc...
Read and enjoy ;)

8. Chapter 8 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (9338 words) Printer

...i'm spent. worn out, tired, exhausted, etc...and thankful to reviewers who warmed my heart and kept me going.
my fingers are falling off people! 24 pages long! do you know how long i spent just editing the darn thing?! which leads me to the second conclusion; i need a beta.
i really do need one. urgently. to avoid any typos and grammer mistakes any other complications i send a plea to all the beta's out there who are willing to beta my stories in general.
please contact me if you're interested.

warnings for; language, mentions of child abuse.

9. Chapter 9 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (8413 words) Printer

warnings; very strong language, child abuse, child neglect, abandonment, and disfigurement, injury description, please read at your own risk.

so sorry it took me a while, won't keep you from reading it anymore, read, enjoy, leave a comment and know that no matter how long or short they will matter to me ;)

10. Chapter 10 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5349 words) Printer

hey there, sorry for the one day delay, and you might notice that this chapter is a little shorter than the others, mostly because i wanted to move things forward a little, so this is the filler.
the warnings are the same, sorry i can't write them down, but i really need to sleep. i might fix it tomorrow.
read and review for me to wake up to please ;)

11. Chapter 11 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (6608 words) Printer

Hey guys, sorry this chapter was late. And thank-you for the reviews.

A word before we read?

The reason for the lateness, aside from my inconvenience, was that some guy commented 'my story makes absolutely no sense ' on /two/ of my stories and then proceeded to inform me that I'm a little piece of sh*t and a snot rocket for respectfully asking if he could be more specific, and he so graciously told me, quote ' I should be grateful to be receiving any reviews at all and then reminded me that I was an ungrateful b#@*h for not doing so, and that I write nonsense for the second time .

I was so genuinely disgruntled (still am) by that comment, that I spent an entire WEEK going through every story I have ever uploaded online while crying, just to see what was wrong and what exactly made me a worthless piece of shit, thus I lost a very important conference I intended to attend for a long time and had no time or inspiration for writing more whatsoever.

Now, you must understand that I put my working very high on my list, and I spend a ridiculous amount of time writing instead of doing what is convenient for me, so when a guy says something like that twice, and I see my not so bright performance on the poll and other stuff like that... I start to wonder whether if what I write is really nonsense or not worth reading.

First of all, please realize that your comments hurt people. More than you think they do, there is a person on the other side of the story you are reading, if you don't
like a story then don't bother leaving a review. I'm not even going to admit how long I cried over this shit this past week, and I'm already hanging on by a thread.

Second. This isn't the first time something like this happens, I told you that I was sensitive, and very self-conscious about my writing, didn't I? This person almost
made me make the biggest mistake of my life by considering to change my career as an author and deleting my accounts. My only joy in life aside from learning new languages.

I beg you guys to ask me questions if you don't understand something, theorize or whatever, if you want to point out a flaw, do it respectfully, like you know I would do to you. it's called constructive criticism, and I told you at the very start that I'm very self-conscious and sensitive, and you should trust me while I write, that I'm
not usually the author who gives away the plot in the first chapter with some cliche plot and crappy dialogue. And when someone like him ignores me and says something like that...

Anyway...the point of this, is that if my stories are really that bad, then please at least tell me so I won't waste my time 'writing nonsense ' or crying over my
inconvenience for God knows how long just because of some stupid comment that wasn't even insulting as much as it was humiliating for me.

I'm not gonna give him/her the satisfaction by bailing out on you guys or consider changing my career as an author, but if I feel like I can't deal with the stress and/or if the consequences that come with this are too high, I might just take a permanent leave and ruin my own life, and of course block the person who also ruined my life with me. So this is your last warning ; if you don't like it, either stop reading, or think twice before leaving a comment like that.

Sorry for my rant and please enjoy.

The song 'stand by you by Marlisa Punzalan is suggested.

Warnings ; Extreme (seriously guys.) child abuse, child/teen bed wetting, child violence, explicit language, dubious conscious, cruelty, mentions of child neglect. Don't read if this is not your piece of pie.

12. Chapter 12 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6482 words) Printer

hello lovelies!! first, a HUGE thank you to all of you for supporting me through my royal melt down and urging me to write, and putting up with my whining, i love you all ;)
second; i started WRITING. i wrote everything i could think of since the last update! and wrote i did, until i suddenly realized, oh wow! how am i supposed to edit all of them?!! yeah... i still haven't edited much except this chapter ;)

warnings; explicit language, confessions, mention/ reference to child abuse, and the usual.

read&review please ;) EDITED.

13. Chapter 13 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (5056 words) Printer

man it feels good to be back! sorry for the delay and enjoy!

(ps. i'm not sure if i should contact a perfect yet but i think there's something wrong with the formatting. there are some parts missing, like last chapter's titles/dates and this weird '' thing that keeps popping up even after i delete it? so sorry if it has caused any inconvenience ;)

warnings for; explicit language, mentioned/referenced child abuse, mentioned/referenced bed wetting.
read and enjoy.

14. Chapter 14 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (6698 words) Printer

warnings for; explicit language?
thank you for reading, rate and review please ;)

15. Chapter 15 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (6652 words) Printer

if i were to choose a title for this chapter, it would be ' origins' or maybe 'restraining order' or 'first session'
be glad that i didn't though ;)

warnings for; language, extreme child abuse, disturbing content
ps. sorry

16. Chapter 16 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (5745 words) Printer

warnings for; explicit language. child abuse/neglect

the song suggested for this chapter is stone walls by we the king.

thanks for reading and please leave a review ;)

17. Chapter 17 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (4802 words) Printer

Took me long enough didn't it?

warnings for; explicit language, child abuse (non-explicit),neglect, underage drinking

enjoy and then leave a review.

18. Chapter 18 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6350 words) Printer

warnings for; improper use of reverse psychology, explicit language, child abuse, neglect

19. Chapter 19 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (6485 words) Printer

dear readers, i'm really sorry for taking too long with this chapter, but here it is at last, and the next one should also be up in the next few days.

WARNING; this chapter contains disturbing content, extreme psychological torture, explicit language, child abuse, child neglect, past child abuse, past child neglect, and violence.

if you think that the rating shall be changed because of the content, then please inform me so i could change the rating up to +16.

20. Chapter 20 by Hopeless Wanderer [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (7566 words) Printer

Alright guys, so here's what happened; I waited 36 days and about ten hours for my name to clear up from the 'recent stories' section, and unfortunately it did not happen during that period.Then my computer decided it was a great time for it to die on me, so I spent another week reviving her and saving my files. ~i'm sorry if you hate this, but i had to update ;)

Warnings for; Child abuse, Child neglect, psychological torture (only mentioned), self-harm (only mentioned), attempted suicide (only mentioned), explicit language

Have fun reading!

To be continued...
Hopeless Wanderer is the author of 29 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 19 members. Members who liked Start of time also liked 885 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5