Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 30] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Once upon a time a new headmaster dragged a young man in his charge back from the depths of darkness. Now, years later, another boy has turned up to school in poor shape and the Headmaster thinks it’s time for Severus Snape to pay forward what was once done for him, even if said Potions Master goes kicking and screaming all the way. Written for round two of the 2019 Tri-W tournament (even though it’s submitted late). If you like this story don't forget to go vote for it in Site News.

Awards: Past Featured Story
Story Notes:

This was supposed to be six parts in a one shot but it was way too long so I broke it up across three chapters. :p The majority of the story takes place in fall at the start of the term (for Harry), even if it's not directly mentioned. So between August and the end of November. This is Harry's 5th year but in this universe Umbridge doesn't start at Hogwarts at the start of the year, she comes in part way through the year. Story rating (to be safe) is for descriptions of what someone looks like after they've been abused and a few minor curse words.  Also, this is really different than other things I've written.  Be sure to let me know what I did/didn't do well in comments.  It's a different writing style than I've used in the past.  This tends to jump around a little in time as vast amounts of time are covered.

Table of Contents

1. Duality - This Like That by JAWorley [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (11250 words) Printer

Parts 1 and 2. The story takes on the pattern of Snape, then Harry, Snape then Harry, etc.

2. The Same But Different by JAWorley [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (8402 words) Printer

Parts 3 and 4.

3. Two Stories Are One by JAWorley [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarhalf-star (17591 words) Printer

Parts 5 and 6.

The End.
JAWorley is the author of 61 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 27 members. Members who liked A Condition Of Duality also liked 1217 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5