Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 3: Voldemort's Promise
Harrys' jaw drops as he enters Merlins' vault.

"How come it's so big? It's bigger then the Potter's vault and my trust vault." Harry asks.

"Merlin's vault has been around for centuries, My Lord. We Goblins' are still bound by our Vows so we have access to this vault and have been keeping Merlins' vault alive as the eons passed. So each and every goblin has been putting twenty percent of their work money into Merlins' vault. And before you reject this My Lord. Please know that we did so out of our own free will." Griphook explains.

Harry couldn't even imagine how much money was in here. It was bigger then a mansion! One little corner of it wasn't even Malfoy's worth!

"How many centuries did you say passed for all this to accumulate?" Harry mumbles.

"Oh it wasn't just us Goblins' My Lord. Wizards, Witches and creatures of all kind have been keeping this vault stocked and full, waiting for the Prince to return. It continues to grow even now and we've had to renovate this vault on multiple occasions due to the amount of Galleons, artifacts, objects and possessions that have been stored in here."

"This is all mine?" Harry asks.

"Of course. You are our Lord."

Harry couldn't even mutter a single objection as Griphook practically gave him 300 Galleons to spend. It was much more then enough and Merlin's vault wasn't even dent.

"How much money comes in each month?" Harry couldn't help but ask.

"Much more then what I have just given you. The vampires, unicorns, leprechauns, merfolk, dragons and Phoenixes are only a handful of creatures that donate to this vault monthly." Griphook reassures Harry. "So no matter how much you spend, you will never run out of money. Trust me even when you've grown old and died, there will still be creatures donating money to your family line."

Harry couldn't believe it. He had all this money and objects and title but he had none of these last time. He couldn't understand what was so majorly different. No, he did understand. Last time, no one knew of his heritage except for him and Dumbledore. Dumbledore had made sure no one knew just so he could use Harry.

"Umm... Can you make sure no one finds out about my heritage and this vault?" Harry asks. "I've never had anything of my own before..."

Griphook nods immediately. "Whatever you wish for, My Lord."

Harry was escorted out of the vaults and back into the hallway.

"Welcome back, My Lord. Did you get everything you needed?" A goblin asked.

"I did! I'm Harry Potter! What's your name?" Harry asks innocently.

The goblin chuckles. "My name is Stoneheart. I am the keeper of the Malfoy Vault and I felt it my duty to inform you that the Malfoy's are also bound to you." Stoneheart says.

"What? Why?!" Harry exclaims.

"They had made a vow eons ago and passed the vow down through the generations. They have been waiting for you to return. To get the Malfoy's to recognize you as Merlins' Heir, all you must say is 'Respond to Merlin's Heir.'"

Harry nods, taking this in quickly.

"Now, My Lord. You best be off to get you supplies." Griphook says.

Harry jolts up. "Oh no! It's going to get late soon! I need my books!" Harry rushes towards the entrance. "Thank you everyone! I'll be back soon!!" Harry turns back around, still powerwalking backwards, waving both of his arms in the air to wave goodbye in childish glee.

The Goblins' smile and some even waved goodbye back. Harry grins as he makes his way to Ollivanders at a fast pace.

He pushes the doors and enters. "Excuse me?"

"Ahh yes. Mr Potter, I do believe your wand is waiting for you." Ollivander grins. "I have a feeling you'll be changing things for the better this time around."

"Thanks." Harry smiles as he takes his wand from Ollivanders hand.

It glows a bright green and gold before it faded. Harry raises an eyebrow in confusion, there wasn't any green last time. He looks to Ollivander for some sort of explanation but all he gets is a crooked smile and a obvious sign of dismissing.

Harry shrugs and leaves the shop, covering his scar once again. Now he was off to find Hedwig and then he was going to get his books.

Finding Hedwig was easier then he thought and the books were also relatively easy. There were no hitches even when he went to get his robes. Harry was slightly disappointed at the lack of excitement and also slightly paranoid, but he guessed that's what 7 years of war does to you plus the extra 6 months of Azkaban.

Now that he thought about it, should he find a way to get his Godfather out of Azkaban early? He would have to think this over but for now, he made his way back to Little Whinging. He took the knight bus this time but stopped a couple streets over, he didn't need Mrs Fig telling Dumbledore everything after all and all his supplies were put into a newly bought trunk and shrunken down to fit inside his pocket.

He made his way inside and was pleased to note that no one was home, which meant that the Dursleys' were still out and we're taking longer then usual. Harry went into the kitchen and threw the note he wrote for his aunt, in the bin. He went out into the garden to do a bit of gardening and also made sure to reply to his letter in childish hand writing. He needed to make sure that he seemed manipulative.

Harry began cleaning the house up, upstairs first then downstairs. He needed to vacuum the house, dust the house, mop the floors and clean the portraits as well as cleaning the bathroom and the guess room. It was just as he finished the last of his chores that the Dursleys' came back home. Harry was glad he hid his shrunken trunk in his cupboard.

"BOY!! WHERE IS MY DINNER?!"

Harry jolts up and rushes to finish it. "Sorry Uncle Vernon, it'll be done soon."

Harry immediately served the dishes and stood in the kitchen, cleaning up the pots and pans, watching his family eating and knowing he wouldn't be getting any food tonight.

"Go back to your cupboard!" Vernon yells, shoving Harry through the door as he finished dinner.

Harry didn't fight back and landed on his butt as he was shoved. The door locks and Harry tugs the shrunken trunk to his chest, hugging it tightly and hoping he'd leave this stupid house soon.

Tom Riddle, under a disillusion charm was watching the treatment of one Harry James Potter and had been ever since Harry had come back into the house. Seeing as he'd had his soul repaired and his sanity fixed, he made sure to get his own body back first which worked because he didn't have to find or create a body. Death had made sure he came back body and all. He now had the looks of his twenty-five year old self. Not that he was complaining.

Anyways, Tom was furious! He was disgusted at the muggles that dare harm Harry Potter that way!

He owed it to Potter. Potter saved his soul, his mind and his life as well as gave him another chance at life.

'Soon' Tom thought, 'Soon I will take you out of these monsters grasps. Please wait just a little longer.'