Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 72] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: [COMPLETE] What happens when Harry finds out that his father is alive? How about when said father is his hated Potions professor? Harry has to deal with the fact that he is a Snape while trying to cope with Sirus’ death in OotP. Summer before and during sixth year. OotP spoilers. This is in response to Severitus Challenge.

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 24
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys Word count: 97851
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 200957
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Suicide Themes, Torture
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 22 Jan 2005 - Updated: 02 Aug 2005
Awards: Past Featured Story
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns Harry Potter, Severitus owns the plot, what's left for me? Nothing!! Any similarities between this and other Severitus fics is not my fault, there are so many out there that it is hard to come up with something new!

Summary: What happens when Harry finds out that his father is alive? How about when said father is his hated Potions professor? Harry has to deal with the fact that he is a Snape while trying to cope with Sirus' death in OotP. Summer before and during sixth year. OotP spoilers. This is in response to Severitus Challenge.

Updates: Will be once or twice a week, depending on how fast I can write and type.

Warning: This story shall contain self-mutilation and child abuse. Don't like, don't read.

Reviews: I will dedicate a chapter to my 50th reviewer, 100th reviewer, 150th reviewer, and so on, so please read ‘n review!!

Table of Contents

1. Letters from Lily by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (6071 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry and Snape both receive letters from an unexpected person.

Now……On with the story!

2. Return of the Werewolf by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4761 words) Printer

This Chapter: Professor Lupin comes to Snape Manor after Harry cuts himself again.

3. Saving Harry by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6164 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry is kidnapped by Death Eaters and Snape and Lupin come up with a plan to save him.

4. Admitting the Facts and Accidents by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarhalf-star (4404 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry tells Snape about the Dursleys and has an accident.

5. Potions by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5261 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry makes a potion and there is an Order meeting.

6. Sinking Into a Pool of Despair by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstar (3924 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry sinks further into the pit of darkness he has created for himself.

7. And It All Comes Crashing Down by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 1] starstarhalf-star (4879 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry's secret is found out.

The Skittles part is dedicated to my friend Katie, who loves Skittles.

8. The Point of No Return by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstar (4199 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry makes a decision to help himself recover.

9. The Questions Gryffindors Ask by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstar (5204 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry returns to the Tower and has some more Occlumency lessons.

The Warheads part is dedicated to my friend Casey (aka Mistress Wolf), who loves Warheads. I also thank her for writing a guest part in this chapter.

The water part is all mine, however.

10. Between Life and Death by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarhalf-star (3986 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry gets a visit from Voldemort and another from Death.

11. Alone in the Dark by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 1] starstarhalf-star (5042 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry is trapped in the darkness of his mind.

12. Parental Duties by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstar (4023 words) Printer

This Chapter: Snape takes his parental responsibilities fully into hand.

13. Some Semblance of Normal by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarstar (4774 words) Printer

This Chapter: In which Harry's life returns to some semblance of normal. Though for Harry Potter, his normal is much different than everyone else's normal.

14. Behind These Emerald Eyes by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 1] starstarstar (3211 words) Printer

This Chapter: The spell is taken off Harry, though not exactly with the desired results.

A Note: Ishnalda Gaphirk is completely my creation, as well as the spell he created.

15. Repercussions by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3869 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry and Snape find that the curse has had several repercussions.

16. A Life Like This by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3651 words) Printer

This Chapter: In which Harry's life gets crazier than usual.

17. Hey, Who's That? by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3506 words) Printer

This Chapter: Can't really think of something to sum all this up, I'll just say that it's definitely a shocker.

18. Here's to the Night by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2995 words) Printer

This Chapter: In which Harry picks a fight and learns a few things about his father that nearly no one knows about.

19. Come What May by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3867 words) Printer

This Chapter: The Dark Mark continues to affect Harry in negative ways....except where a certain red-headed girl is concerned...

20. When It Rains, It Pours by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3569 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry hides from the consequences of his actions.

21. Come Together by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4153 words) Printer

This Chapter: Visits from friends, Christmas decorating and shopping, and a bit of romance give this chapter a bit of a light-hearted feel.

22. Christmas at Snape Manor by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 1] (2535 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry and Snape celebrate Christmas.

23. Edge of the World by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 0] (2531 words) Printer

This Chapter: In the second to the last chapter of this fic, the final battle proceeds with Harry determined not to let anyone else get hurt, but even the best of plans get messed up, causing more grief for Harry.

24. A New Day by LilPadfoot16 [Reviews - 17] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1272 words) Printer

This Chapter: Harry and Ginny start off their new life together in this final chapter. Including several fast-forwards through time, Harry finally gets the chance to live a normal life with a family of his own.

The song that Harry and Ginny dance to is "A New Day" by Celine Dion. If you are reading this at fanfiction.net, then you will not be able to see the lyrics. They lyrics will be posted, however, at my yahoo group also. I credit the idea of the lyrics to Jocelyn, though I use them in a different way than she did in her story.

The End.
LilPadfoot16 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 90 members. Members who liked Finding a Father also liked 1660 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5