Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: He decided to stop reminding the teachers that he didn’t have any parents to make presents for, too. Instead, he did the projects as he was told, writing Happy Christmas, Happy Mother’s Day, Happy Father’s Day, and signing empty “I love you’s” to people who did not exist for him. He decided not to throw them away like Aunt Petunia had done with his either, and instead saved them like she had with Dudley’s presents. He kept them under the mattress on the cot in his cupboard like he did with all other things that were precious to him, which really didn’t amount to much.

Harry often wondered what it would be like to have a parent who treasured his handmade gifts like Aunt Petunia did with Dudley, a parent who didn’t see his presence as a nuisance. Maybe that’s why he kept these things, for the hope that someday, maybe, he’d have someone he could give them to. Someone who would treat them as a keepsake, someone who would treat him like something of value.

Maybe someday.

Takes Place: 3rd summer Chapters: 1
Snape flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving Completed: Yes
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Family, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption Word count: 1062
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 1131
Rated: K
Warnings: Emotional Abuse, Neglect
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 18 Jun 2023 - Updated: 18 Jun 2023
Awards:
Story Notes:
Here's a quick one for you, my friends. I know that Father's Day and similar holidays can be hard for a lot of you and I was thinking about how hard it must have been for Harry during these holidays in primary school, not having parents or even a good parental figure at all, and I thought that if one day he was able to have that, wouldn't he look at the holidays in a different light? And if he had kept those things he'd had no one to give to... well, you can read on to see what I imagined. If today is difficult for you, I hope that this small fic makes it a little more bearable. Happy Father's Day to our favorite fanfiction fathers!
Table of Contents

1. Father Figures and Days of Acclamation by MellarkandArt [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1062 words) Printer

The End.
MellarkandArt is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Father Figures and Days of Acclamation also liked 192 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5