Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

VI. Weak Points and Strong

 

  • Hold out for every advantage you can get.
  • Target your enemy’s weaknesses, and try to lessen the impact of their strengths. (Part of Voldemort’s strength ishis following, one of his weaknesses is the tension between the Death Eaters? Like note in III., kill two birds with one stone?)
  • Travel is easier, even over great distances, when no enemy is present. (Like our hike across the highlands.) It’s almost as if it’s easier to go somewhere when you’re not ducking curses the whole way.
  • Even if your enemy is in a highly defensible position, you can force them out of hiding if you attack another place to force them to come out and relieve their troops there.
  • DECEPTION. Make enemy think you will target one place, so they will strengthen their forces there, then attack another place because to strengthen one place is to weaken another. Another school of thought is to keep the enemy in complete doubt, so as to force them to spread their forces out thin to protect all various weak points that might be targeted.
  • Force enemy to reveal himself to find weak points.
  • Don’t use repeat tactics, or the enemy will be prepared. You might even have to learn a spell besides Expelliarmus, horror of horrors. ha, ha.
  • Be ready to change plans at any notice when the situation changes.

     

To be continued...