Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 22] starstarstarstarstar
Summary:

After being captured and tortured for days, Harry and Snape are about to be killed by Voldemort. However, they manage to escape only to discover they have been brought back in time to help in the War of Morgan le Fay. Alongside the Founders and the people of Camelot, Harry and Snape will exchange one war for another all while learning of long lost magic, discovering themselves, and finding a family in each other.



Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Bashing, Character Death, Torture, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 11 Nov 2023 - Updated: 13 Apr 2024 New!
Awards:
Story Notes:

Some notes about characters, the world, and timelines:


1. Hogwarts was founded in the 13th century, not the 10th. It's been open for about 20 years at the time of this story.


2. Merlin did not attend Hogwarts, and he, Arthur, Guinevere, Camelot, etc. all exist in the 13th century, not the 5th/6th.


3. There are tons of sources with differing stories about Arthur, Guinevere, Morgan le Fay, Camelot, etc. I have taken bits and pieces from a large variety of sources to create the characters and world I want.


4. I am making Camelot be an entire country (the country of Wales) instead of just a court. Some locations will be the names from legends, some will be the names that exist today.


5. I have created the families of the Founders, the people of Camelot, and the Hogwarts' professors and students. All my original characters. Do not use. Any resemblance to any person or fictional character is coincidence.


6. I am doing my best to make things realistic in a medieval world while adding in things that witches/wizards would have/be able to do compared to Muggles due to having magic.


7. There are tons of characters in this story. I will put notes at the start of chapters if I feel help will be needed in keeping characters and relationships straight.


Uploads will be quite sporadic.

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4801 words) Printer

OotP timeline changes: most things take place in 1st term and Sirius survives.

2. Chapter 2 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2369 words) Printer

This chapter is a bit short and calm as Harry and Snape take in what's happened and where they may be.


It may seem things are too OOC and moving fast between Harry and Snape, but, remember, they already had a better relationship going into this story, they just went through days of torture together, and are now somewhere completely unknown alone except for each other. Also, absolutely no slash! This is a father/son, guardian/ward/adoption relationship! They just become very close due to everything they go through.


Enjoy! Leave a review if you do!

3. Chapter 3 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4207 words) Printer

Note about Camelot:
Camelot is an entire country, as I said in Chapter 1, but there is also the main village that the story takes place in which is also called Camelot. Essentially, it started as Camelot Village before becoming a country, and Camelot Village is still there and the main village of the country.

4. Chapter 4 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4643 words) Printer

Story Notes:
- The first few chapters will be slower and fairly information/plot heavy as we learn the world and meet the characters

 

Character Notes:
- Felix, Adeline, and Penelope (mentioned in previous chapter) are children of Salazar Slytherin
- Helena is a child of Rowena Ravenclaw
- Erec is a child of Godric Gryffindor
- Isabella is a child of Helga Hufflepuff
- Nimue is an actual name for the Lady of the Lake

 

Magic Notes:
- I will be picking and choosing what types of potions and spells could be available during this time since very little is actually known about such things
- I will be taking lots of liberties with types of magic and the use of magic to create my own magical systems and lore

 

Other Notes:
- A lot of the tradespeople in Camelot Village are very Muggle-like, but I am going with the idea that the village has experts in those specific types of magic that then provide the service/product to the rest of the village

5. Chapter 5 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4993 words) Printer

Please enjoy this chapter and leave a review!

 

Character Notes:
- Salazar and Cecilia are married; children are Felix, Adeline, and Penelope (meet later)
- Helga's children are Isabella and Henry (meet later); will meet her husband later
- Godric's children are Erec and Artemus; will meet his wife later
- I have gone with the version that Morgan and Arthur are siblings
- General ages: Founders/Spouses in 40s; their children in 20s; Arthur/Guinevere/Morgan in 20s-30s; Griffin/Galen Nye in 20s

 

Just go with the tons of liberties and made up details I am giving about literally everything! I'm truly building my own world and lore with all these already existing things. Anything that isn't immediately explained will be explained eventually (ie. the Black vs. Dark Magic stuff, etc.).

6. Chapter 6 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3529 words) Printer

Enjoy this chapter. It is a slower one again, adding to the world-, magic-, and lore-building of the world. If you enjoy, please leave a review. I appreciate you and I hope you continue to enjoy this story!

7. Chapter 7 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3974 words) Printer

Apologies if it feels like things are moving too quickly between Harry and Severus, but there are reasons. They were already closer at the start, they've been through a lot, it's been more than 2 weeks, they have no one else...and, honestly, I've gone through the slow-burn of building their relationship in "A Bond for the Ages" and I do not feel like taking that long again. Haha.


Also, I've done some research into common horses that would have been in Britain during the Middle Ages. The horses I have described (Aspen = tobiano Arabian; Willow = Friesian) are not necessarily horses that existed in Britain at the time, but they are close equivalents and I am also going with this idea that they are wizards that travelled around and got horses from somewhere else. Just go with it. Haha. I can only be so accurate sometimes.


I hope you enjoy! If you do, please, leave a review (I love to read them). Thank you and see you next month (unless we get lucky and I go crazy writing)!

8. Chapter 8 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3530 words) Printer

First, I greatly apologize for how long it has taken me to update this story. I got very focused on A Bond for the Ages and I hit a wall on this story. I think I've broken through the wall, so I hope it won't take me as long to update again. I appreciate your patience in waiting for updates.

Second, not a ton happens in this chapter and I apologize for the potentially lower quality.

Third, I am combining some Greek Mythology with this story's lore. Just a little bit, though, and it doesn't become a huge thing.

So, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I hope to keep up writing on this one with the ideas I've got flowing now so, hopefully, it won't take as long to update. If you enjoy, please, leave a review. Thank you very much.

9. Chapter 9 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3644 words) Printer

I hope you enjoy this chapter! If you do, please, leave a review. Thank you :)

10. Chapter 10 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3813 words) Printer

Lots beginning to happen along with some interesting mysteries coming up. A little more Greek Mythology sneaking its way in. I'm aware cultures and timelines do not match up using Greek Mythology in 13th century Wales, but, as I had to remind myself...this is fantasy which means I can actually do whatever I want, timelines be damned. Lol.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. If you do, please, leave a review. Thank you so much for all your love and support for this story.

Credit:
I've got a lot of descriptions in this chapter and I want to give credit to where I got my inspiration. I don't know the names of anyone associated with 2 of these sources, but, if you want to take a look at what I'm describing and what I'm picturing, I have attached the links.

Tintagel Castle: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231020655871199263/
Calypso Statue: http://01greekmythology.blogspot.com/2015/05/calypso.html
Merlin's Cave: James Brisnehan, https://jbartwork.artstation.com/projects/1nyZN8

11. Chapter 11 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4407 words) Printer

Hello! A personal note before continuing. Some of you may have read this already, but I am posting it in all my stories to ensure I reach all my readers. So...

I will NEVER abandon a story. "Bond", "Shadows", "Morgan le Fay", and "Life"...none of these will ever be abandoned. Now, sometimes, updates may take longer than normal. I try to update every couple weeks, but I cannot guarantee that. Keep in mind, I have a job and I'm pursuing a Master's degree and I'm human. Things happen and life does take precedent. However, just remember, even if I haven't updated in 2 weeks, a month, 2 months, etc., the story is NOTabandoned. A new chapter WILL always come, but sometimes it will take a while. Just, keep all of this in mind when reading and waiting. Also keep in mind that I appreciate your patience in waiting for chapters. I really appreciate it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, as for the story. Welcome back to Camelot! I am doing a lot of intermingling and changing of Arthurian lore and Greek mythology. I understand if it's strange, but I am actually really enjoying mixing the two together. Additionally, technically, we DO have a canon name of Ignotus Peverell's daughter, but I didn't like the name so I've changed it. Haha.

So, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you so much for your patience and your love and enjoyment as you waited for this chapter. Please, if you enjoy this chapter, leave me a review. Thank you so much and see you again soon (hopefully)!

To be continued...
TheLostBoys333 is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Harry Potter and the War of Morgan le Fay also liked 263 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5