Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar
Summary:

Harry Potter is no stranger to life turning out completely different to what he could have ever expected. He was an abused boy with murdered parents who turned out to be a wizard and the target of a dark lord after all. Given everything that had happened since he entered the wizarding world, he was used to his life being turned upside down. However, as the world gets torn apart by Voldemort's raging war in his 5th year, Harry is about to discover that everything he thought he knew all this time was a terrible lie and threatens to destroy everything he's created.



Rated: 16+
Warnings: Character Bashing, Character Death, Out of Character, Panic attack, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 11 Nov 2023 - Updated: 20 Apr 2024 New!
Awards:
Story Notes:

If you like Lily and James Potter and do not like to see them bashed, I highly suggest you DO NOT READ. They are TERRIBLE people in this story and they DO NOT get better. Extreme bashing of Lily and James will happen, so only read if you can handle it. I am not bashing them because I hate them--I'm honestly fairly neutral on their characters--but I am making them awful people for the sake of this story's concept.

All of Harry's canon adventures have happened, but with Draco and others as a part of them. A key difference: Harry, Severus, etc. know about the horcruxes and have since 2nd year. Dumbledore explained everything. They and the Order are hunting the horcruxes, and finding a way to destroy the one in Harry without killing him.

This is set in 5th year, but the war is at the stage it was in 6th/7th year. Voldemort's return was acknowledged after Cedric's murder and disappearances, raids, and murders are happening constantly.

Updates will be slow and sporadic.

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4581 words) Printer

Please, leave a review if you enjoy.

2. Chapter 2 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5425 words) Printer

 I'm super excited for this one as it is going to be quite different to anything I've ever written before in several ways, so I hope you like it too.


Remember, all relationships and such are well established in this story, and details about how it all came about come in bits and pieces throughout.


If you enjoy, please, leave a review (I adore reading them and hearing from you)! Thank you! :)

3. Chapter 3 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3803 words) Printer

A little train aftermath, more insight into Harry's past with Severus, and first meeting of the year's Defence professor.

I have chosen NOT to include Umbridge in this story for a couple of reasons:

1. I love writing during 5th year, but it gets a little tedious writing the same thing all the time with Umbridge and the Blood Quill, so I am cutting it out this time.

2. It would not work in this universe. Severus would know something was going on, and Harry and his friends would tell someone immediately because they actually have trusted adults in their lives, so it would just be pointless to include Umbridge and the Blood Quill. Another ass of a professor however... :P

I hope you enjoy. If you do, please, leave a review. Thank you!

 

4. Chapter 4 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstar (3117 words) Printer

I apologize for the long wait on this story. There are a variety of reasons why it took a month. I appreciate your patience.

Note, I've made up everyone on the Slytherin Quidditch team except for Draco. Because Severus is not a spy and is not negatively biased against every other House except Slytherin, the terrible people that make the Quidditch team in canon do not make the team in this universe. Good Slytherins of my own creation make up the Quidditch team.

If you're waiting and confused why this story mentions Lily and James being alive but they haven't shown up yet, just be patient. They will very, very soon. Just have to do universe-building and set-up.

So, I hope you enjoy this chapter. If you do, please, leave a review, and I hope to have the next chapter out a little quicker this time.

5. Chapter 5 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 1] (3868 words) Printer

Mystery, mystery!

Also, not that this should need to be said, but extremely AU in regards to some deaths/survivals from the First Wizarding War in canon. As in, two people that survived the First Wizarding War in canon are going to be dead here.

I promise, Lily and James are appearing extremely soon as the mystery is unfolding.

I hope you enjoy. If you do, please, leave a review! Thank you so much!

6. Chapter 6 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3548 words) Printer

So, the mystery will continue to unravel slowly as they all continue to investigate. The truth won't suddenly be revealed. Lots of lies will still be told that they have to get around. Also, there will be the start to stuff with the horcruxes now, adding in a secondary mystery and plot.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. If you do, please, leave a review. Thank you. :)

7. Chapter 7 by TheLostBoys333 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3311 words) Printer

Apologies for the extremely long wait on this one. Many reasons for that. However, here is a quick note related to waits. Some of you may have read this before as I have posted it on all of my in-progress stories at this point to ensure I reach all my readers. So...

I will NEVER abandon a story. "Bond", "Shadows", "Morgan le Fay", "Life", and "Who We Are"...none of these will ever be abandoned. Now, sometimes, updates may take longer than normal. I try to update every couple weeks, but I cannot guarantee that. Keep in mind, I have a job and I'm pursuing a Master's degree and I'm human. Things happen and life does take precedent. However, just remember, even if I haven't updated in 2 weeks, a month, 2 months, etc., the story is NOT abandoned. A new chapter WILL always come, but sometimes it will take a while. Just, keep all of this in mind when reading and waiting. Also keep in mind that I appreciate your patience in waiting for chapters. I really appreciate it.
-----------------------------------------
Now, onto the story! Please, enjoy, and if you do, leave me a review! See you again soon (hopefully)!

To be continued...
TheLostBoys333 is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Life As We Know It also liked 25 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5