Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

The Beginning

It had been James' instincts that saved them. As soon as Padfoot transferred the Secret Keeper guardianship over to Wormtail, James had felt uneasy. He had noticed the odd moments of staring off into space with a weird, creepy smile and the times when he went of somewhere and returned days or hours later.
    

"I got a girl, Prongs! What, don't believe me?" Peter had always said.
    

No. No, James did not believe him. He knew something was wrong. He had begged Sirius to change ownership back. Back to him or Moony, either one would have been better than Peter. Sirius had always declined, saying what could go wrong? Peter is our friend. He would never give them away.
    

But James had seen the doubt begin to crawl it's way into Sirius as well, and both of them and Lily agreed that they needed to move without Peter knowing. As much as they loved the house in Godric's Hollow, they needed a new place, a place not under the watchful eye of a dirty rat.
    

They packed their belongings the next day. Peter had never showed through the entire process, which just fueled James' doubt more. Lily, being the bright witch that she was, had charmed the house to look like people still lived there. Lights would go on and off on a timer and she transfigured pots and pans to take on a human like appearance and walk in front of windows during dinner time or in front of the living room window. She even Transfigured a leaf into an exact replica of Sirius' motorbike that was always leaning against the front porch. 
    

They had moved to Hogsmead. At first, it was a bit uncomfortable living in a small, cramped space when they were used to a large house, but they soon got used to it. The neighbor's were certainly hard to get along with, but one curse from Sirius and a prank or two from James, and the neighbors left them alone.
    

James and Sirius' income from Auror Academy kept them with food on the table and a bed to sleep in. Soon though, they had enough money saved up to move again, still in Hogsmead, but a bigger place than a small, dank hotel. Sirius had naturally moved in with them, again, than trying to find his own place and possibly get found out. Lily and James didn't mind.
     

Dumbledore never knew, which suited them just fine. They could take care of themselves. Lily's Fidelius charm was just as good, if not better, than Dumbledore's. With James and Sirius' extra protection, the house was practically undetectable. Not even Remus knew where they lived, which they felt a bit bad about, but it was a precaution they had to take.
    

A year later, right after Harry had been born, James' instincts came true. They learned from an inside source that their place in Godric's Hollow had been attacked by Death Eaters. Peter had betrayed them. Voldemort had appeared as well, a thought that scared both James and Lily. What if they hadn't moved? They certainly couldn't take on the Dark Lord by themselves.
    

The Longbottom's had also been visited that night. They had been driven insane by Sirius' cousin Bellatrix and Crouch Jr. They left behind a boy only a day older than Harry. He was with his grandmother at the time, so he didn't get hurt. His grandmother volunteered to take him in, but her age prevented her from doing so. His uncles and aunts were incapable of taking care of a child, so the guardianship of Neville was given to his godparents, James and Lily.
    

 Of course, when they went to the Wizengamot to file for guardianship, Dumbledore and the wizarding world found out they were alive. Press swarmed them as they took Neville and it took every ounce of James' willpower not to hex them dead. Sirius always had a problem controlling his anger, and so a few of the unlucky press wound up with boils covering their face or a missing eyebrow. Lily had been too preoccupied holding two wiggling toddlers, so she couldn't do anything with her wand like she wanted, but she sent them a glare that sent them backtracking very quickly.
    

Remus had been ecstatic. He had shoved past the press and onlookers and enveloped them all in a tight hug, all tears and blubbering. He helped keep the press at bay as they exited the Ministry of Magic and Apparated with them back to their house in Hogsmead. There, they celebrated the new addition to their small family and spent the entire night singing songs and eating and catering to the two small children's every needs.
   

  When Harry and Neville were four, the Order of the Phoenix had found where Voldemort and his cronies had been holed up, thanks to their inside source, and a battle took place. There were many casualties on both sides, but it was finally over. Voldemort had been defeated and most of the Death Eaters had been round up and placed in Azkaban, including Peter Pettigrew. The few that managed to escape where hunted down. Lucius Malfoy had pleaded the Imperious Control, and was let off, much to James' dismay.
    

When Harry was six, he showed his first sign of magic. He made his cup of apple juice fly from his mother's hands and land very delicately in front of him. They had celebrated by eating cake, James and Sirius' idea. Lily didn't really approve, but Neville and Harry were overjoyed. The cake was gone in just two days.
    

Neville showed his first sign of magic at eight when he tripped down a flight of stairs and bounced the rest of the way. Before that, everyone, including Neville, thought he was a Squib.They had been very excited, but no more so than Harry. He had been so proud of his big brother and showed it by enveloping him in a big bear hug that had all the adults' hearts melting.
    

When Harry and Neville were eleven, they went to Diagon Alley. Harry and Neville had a grand time picking out their supplies and looking through the broom shop window. Lily absolutely forbade them getting brooms, despite Sirius and James' excited babble. In response to Lily saying no to the brooms, James got Harry a snowy owl and Sirius got Neville a black cat, named Hedwig and Isis respectively. Neville also got a toad that happened to hop into his pocket and refused to come out. He named it Trevor.
    

When Harry got his wand and Lily found out it shared the same core as Voldemort's, she made him take it back and get a new one. She would not let her child have a connection to the most vile creature on earth. Instead of the holly wand, he got a cherry wood wand with a Thestral tail hair core, almost the exact same as Neville's. Neville had a cherry wood wand as well, same inches and flexibility, but he had a Unicorn tail hair.  Harry was a bit dismayed at having to change wands, but he still loved his new wand just as much as the other because he had something else to share with his brother.
    

They ran into the Malfoys when they went for their robes. James tried to drag his sons out as soon as he saw the shock of blonde hair, but Lucius was having none of it. He called out Neville, telling of his parent's torture and saying the Potter's weren't his real parents. James went ballistic, cussing the elder Malfoy to China and back, and pulled out his wand. If it wasn't for Lily grabbing his arm forcefully and dragging him out of the shop, James would have most definitely been banned, along with Malfoy. They went to a nearby restaurant and ate lunch until they were absolutely positive the Malfoys were gone.
    

James and Lily were left with the task of telling Neville of his real parentage. Neville took it surprisingly well, which was a relief for James and Lily. But Harry found him that night crying in the bathroom. It wasn't until Harry said they would be brothers no matter what their parentage and that he always had a family did Neville calm down. Neville was very protective of his family after that.
    

Finally, it was time for their boys to leave for Hogwarts. James was beaming so wide at the platform, Muggles had to stop and stare. Remus was being their normal bodyguard, lowly growling if anyone looked at them wrong. Sirius was trying not to cry and kept grasping both Harry's and Neville's hands and gushing about how awesome Hogwarts was and the Gryffindor house. Lily was the calmest of all of them, quietly leading them towards the brick wall that lead to Platform Nine and Three Quarters.
    

With sniffles from Sirius and many hugs that made both of their ribs hurt, Harry and Neville boarded the train to Hogwarts.
                                                                               

*`*`*`*`
    

"I can't believe we're finally going to Hogwarts!" Neville said, hopping in his seat. As the platform passed from their view, Harry could see Sirius and James running beside the train in their Animagus forms. It was amusing to see the onlookers' confused faces as a giant dog and a stag ran through people on the platform. He heard one woman screech something about the Grim.
   

 "I know!" Harry replied, petting Isis. "I wonder what house we will be in. Hopefully Gryffindor. I don't know what Dad or Uncle Padfoot will do if I get into Slytherin. Not that Slytherin is bad, but Uncle Padfoot will probably disown me. I'm sure Mum wouldn't mind, since she said she almost got sorted into Slytherin herself."
    

Neville nodded. "I know. I don't think I'm brave enough for Gryffindor, though. I'm probably going to get sorted into Hufflepuff. Those are the leftovers. That's what Dad said." Neville looked dejected.
   

  "Hey!" Harry said, accidentally shoving Isis rather forcefully off his legs. "Don't listen to Dad! Hufflepuffs are not leftovers! They're just as brave as any Gryffindor, just as smart as any Ravenclaw and just as cunning as any Slytherin. They are extremely loyal, and you are the most loyal  person I know. You are super loyal to your family and friends. You'd do excellent in there. Hufflepuff would be proud to have you in their house! Plus, have you seen an angry badger? It's terrifying." Harry shuddered for effect.
    

"You sound like Uncle Moony," Neville laughed. Harry puffed out his chest proudly.
    

Harry and Neville turned when they heard a knock on their compartment door. A girl with busy brown hair opened the sliding door and stuck her head in.
    

"Have you seen a rat come this way?" she asked. "This boy lost it." She motioned behind her.
    

"My name is Ron, and my rat's name is Scabbers!" the other kid, Ron, yelled from behind the girl. A tall redhead pushed past the girl and entered Harry and Neville's compartment. He began to dig between the seat cushions and under Harry's trunk.
    

"Hey, what are you doing?" Neville said, moving his feet out of the way as Ron began looking under where Harry and Neville sat.
    

Ron looked up and Harry could see a smudge of dirt on his nose. He looked angry and slightly annoyed. "I'm looking for my rat! Duh." With that, he went back to looking. Harry and Neville looked at each other and shrugged.
    

The girl rolled her eyes and walked in. She grabbed the back of Ron's shirt collar and yanked him up. "I'm sure that they can help you look for Scabbers. You don't need to just barge in and ruin everything. That's rude, you know." She let go of his shirt and Ron fell on his backside, a shocked look on his face.
    

Harry stifled a laugh and Neville snorted. "I thought you could only bring a toad, cat or owl, anyway. What are you doing with a rat?" Harry asked. Ron got up and wiped the dust off of his pants.
    

"Dumbledore let me bring him. He gave me special permission," Ron said a bit haughtily. Just then, Isis let out a rather loud yowl and pounced right onto Harry's foot, claws digging through his shoes.
    

"Ow! Isis! Neville, control your bloody cat!" Harry shrieked, gripping his foot. Neville quickly gathered Isis in his arms, but nearly dropped her when he saw what was dangling from her mouth.
    

"Scabbers!" Ron exclaimed. He reached for the cat, but Isis swiped at his hand, not letting her meal go. Ron gripped his hand where Isis had left three bright red marks. Scabbers squealed and writhed, trying to get away.
    

"Isis! Hand Scabbers over! You can't eat him!" Neville held out his hand in front of Isis' mouth. She looked towards Ron and back to Neville and back to Ron again. Slowly, she opened his mouth and Scabbers fell ungracefully into Neville's hand. He handed Scabbers over to Ron, who let go of his injured hand and began to cradle the rat and coo to it.
    

"Did that mean old cat hurt you, Scabbers? It's okay, now. You're safe with me." Ron kissed Scabbers on top of his fuzzy head. The girl rolled her eyes.
    

"Now that that drama is over, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Hermione. Hermione Granger. And you are?" Ron looked up from petting Scabbers. "I already told you. My name is Ron."
    

Hermione rolled her eyes again. Harry thought her eyes must hurt if she had to do that a lot. "Honestly, Ron. Don't you ever think? I know your name. I was asking them." She motioned to Harry and Neville.
    

"Oh." Ron blushed.
    

Just as Harry opened his mouth to introduce himself, Ron jumped in again. "I know who you are!" He exclaimed, pointing. "You two are Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom!"
    

"It's Longbottom-Potter," Neville corrected a bit forcefully. Harry looked at his adopted brother. He knew how much family meant to Neville. He loved his Gran dearly and he still visited his real parents in St. Mungo's every Sunday. He was proud to be of the Longbottom bloodline, but his real family would always be the Potters. He couldn't stress that enough. Harry knew it irked Neville when people assumed he didn't take the Potter name.        

"Yeah, whatever." Ron waved away Neville's comment. "You two are the Boys-Who-Lived! How did I not recognize you two before?" Harry's eyes narrowed.
    

"Oh, I heard of you two!" Hermione jumped back into the conversation. "You two are in Hogwarts: A History. You survived an attack from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! No one had ever done that before."
    

"Just because we lived doesn't make us famous," he said. Neville nodded, agreeing.
    

"It kinda does, mate," Ron put in. "Nobody had ever been lucky enough to survive when You-Know-Who came around. And then he attacks both of your families and you live! That's amazing!"
    

Harry ground his teeth. Even Neville seemed a bit on edge. "First off, I'm not your mate. Second off, Its not amazing. We could have been in grave danger. And thirdly, it had nothing to do with luck. My parents didn't trust their Secret Keeper and they moved without his knowledge. It's as simple as that."
    

"And I was with my Gran when my parents were attacked," Neville added. "That's the only reason why we survived. It had nothing to do with luck, but family instincts."
   

  Ron held his hands up. "Okay, okay. Sorry. Didn't mean to make your knickers get in a twist."
    

Harry glared and Ron shut up. All four sat in awkward silence for a while until Ron cleared his throat.
    

"Listen...I-uh....we started off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry. Can we start over?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.
    

Harry stared at him for a moment then looked at Neville. They shared a look and looked back at Ron.
    

"Alright," they both said at the same time. Ron's eyes widened.
    

"Blimey! You two are like twins! You remind me of my older twin brothers, Fred and George." Harry and Neville grinned, the tension from earlier disappearing.
    

"My name's Harry Potter." Harry shook Ron's hand.
    

"I'm Neville Longbottom-Potter." Neville held out his hand and Hermione took it.
    

"I'm Ron Weasley." Ron shook Neville's hand.
    

"And I'm Hermione Granger." Harry took Hermione's.
    

All four beamed at each other. "I guess this means we're friends now?" Neville asked. All four nodded.
    

"Yep!"
    

"Something from the trolley, dear?" They heard an elderly women's voice ask. An older lady with a trolley full of candy and sweets poked her head in.
    

"Something from the trolley?" she asked again.
    

With their collected money, Harry and Neville bought nearly the entire cart, much to the displeasure of the old woman. Ron was ecstatic, and Hermione sniffed but took a chocolate frog.
    

"Mum and Dad wouldn't like this one bit," Hermione said, taking a chunk off the head. Ron gave her a funny look.
    

"They're dentists, you see," she explained.
    

"What's a dentist? Is it some Muggle thing?" Ron asked.
    

"They're doctors for your teeth," Harry said, popping a piece of a Licorice Wand into his mouth. "Mum takes us to them sometimes." Despite growing up in the wizarding world, Neville and Harry visited the Muggle world often with their mother and as such, were accustomed to Muggle doctors and dentists.
    

"Oh." They stuffed their mouth with the sweets until they felt sick and ready to burst. Ron laid on his back, rubbing his bulging belly. Neville and Harry were leaning against each other. Neville was snoring slightly and Harry had a hard time keeping his eyes open. Seeing one more chocolate frog, he opened it and caught the frog with ease.
    

He bit off the head and looked at the card. Another Dumbledore. He was going to toss it aside, but boredom made him keep the card in his hand. Despite him reading the card multiple times before, he turned it over and scanned the small words.
                                                              

'Albus Dumbledore
 Currently Headmaster of Hogwarts.                                                                Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times,                                        Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard, Grindewald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood,                                       and his work on Alchemy with his partner Nicholas Flamel.

Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and ten-pin bowling.'


     "Blah blah blah I already know. I've heard about you enough times from Uncle Padfoot to know you're crazy as hell," Harry mumbled, tossing aside the card.
      

Neville snorted awake. "Wot?" he slurred, blinking rapidly.
    

"It's nothing, Neville. Go back to sleep." Neville nodded and put his head back on Harry's shoulder. "What time is it anyway?" he asked to no one in particular.
    

Hermione looked at her watch. "It's around six thirty. We'll be there soon. We should probably change into our robes." She got up, and Ron groaned. He rolled over onto his stomach and slid off the seat.
    

"We'll be back, Harry, Neville. We're just going to get our stuff," Hermione said. With that, they exited the compartment, Ron still clutching his belly.
    

"I don't think I'll be able to fit into my robes anymore," he complained.
    

"Well, who's fault is that?" Hermione chastised. Neville and Harry snickered.
    

With great difficulty, they got up from their seat and located their trunks. They pulled on their robes over their clothes. Harry pinned the Hogwarts crest pin onto his chest and helped Neville pin his, who kept on poking himself in the finger.
    

As they waited on Ron and Hermione, Harry began to trace the outline of his pin. "I really wonder what house we'll be in," he whispered. Neville looked at him from tying his shoes.
    

"Yeah, I know. Me too." He looked down for a moment, watching Isis play with one of his shoe strings. "What if we end up in different houses?" he asked, a twinge of fear in his voice.
    

"I don't know," Harry replied, fear seeping into his as well. "It's going to be hard not having you with me all the time. But I do know one thing." Neville cocked an eyebrow.
    

"We'll stay brothers no matter what. Right?" Harry smiled and held out his fist.
    

Neville tapped his fist to Harry's. "Right. Brothers forever. No matter what." They hugged each other until Hermione came back, dragging Ron behind her, who still looked slightly sick. His robes were bulging around the stomach, but other than that his robes looked like they fit well despite his earlier protests.
    

"We're almost there. Look! You can see a bit of Hogwarts from the window!" All four crowded around the large window outside the compartment. Other students had the same idea, and Harry could hear excited whispers from the new first years as they got closer.
    

"Wow, is that really Hogwarts?"
    

"No, it's the candy shop. Of course it's Hogwarts!"
    

"It looks so big. How are we going to get to each class?"
     

"I think they might give us a map."
    

"Woah."
    

Harry shared the same thought, and no doubt Neville did too. His eyes were shining brightly, a smile wide on his face. Harry hadn't Neville this happy or excited since their dad and Uncle Padfoot took them to see the Australia verses America World Cup when they were nine.
    

The train slowed, and they gathered their things, stuffing candy wrappers and leftover candy into their pockets and inside their trunks. They hopped off the train, nearly getting lost in the sea of students.
    

"Firs' years over here! Firs' years!" A lantern came into view, swaying over the heads of other students.
    

"Hey, isn't that Hagrid?" Harry asked, squinting in the darkness.        

"I think it is!" Neville said excitedly. As fast as they could with trunks dragging behind them, they ran to the giant man. They dropped their trunks when they got near the him, something Hedwig did not appreciate, and hugged Hagrid around his middle.
    

"'Arry! Neville! It's good ta see ya! How yer been?" He patted both of them on the back, making their knees buckle.
    

"We're good!" they said at the same time and beamed. Hagrid chuckled. "Tha's good ta hear."
    

Other first years began crowding around Hagrid. Ron and Hermione came and stood next to them.
    

"Where did you go?" Hermione asked as Hagrid led them to the small boats.
    

"We went to go see Hagrid," Harry replied, motioning to the large man who got in a boat with three other terrifying looking kids. The four shared a boat, and they rode smoothly towards Hogwarts. Ron nearly hit his head when they passed through the tunnel, but Hermione pushed his head down just in time.
    

Bats flew overhead and a tentacle of what could only belong to the Giant Squid came into view. It toppled over one boat, sending four students into the inky black water. One girl screamed and covered her mouth with her hands, pure fear filling her eyes. "My brother was in there!"
    

Hagrid jumped in, nearly sending his boat over as well. He grabbed the soggy kids one by one and plopped them back in their boat. The girl reached for one boy over her boat, presumably her brother, and grasped his hand. Hagrid dove back in to get one last kid, a boy that was struggling to stay above water.
    

"That was awesome!" he said as Hagrid put him back in the boat. He pumped his fist in the air, a large grin on his face. Water dripped from his nose, and he sniffled and wiped it off. The occupants of his boat and some of the other students laughed. Harry and Neville laughed along as well.  
    

Harry couldn't help but notice that Neville continued to stare at the boy long after they had stopped laughing and seemed a bit flushed, but he said nothing about it. Instead he turned back to Hermione and Ron. Hermione was staring at Neville as well, her brows furrowed. He made eye contact with her and shook his head quickly, sending her a silent message of 'don't say anything.'
    

She seemed to understand his message because she nodded back and turned to start a conversation about the Squid with Ron. Soon, the boats stopped and everyone got out. Massive oak doors opened as they came closer and a older stern looking woman with a large pointy hat stood inside.
    

"I'll take them from here, Hagrid. Thank you," she said.
    

"No problem, P'rfesser McGonagall." Hagrid walked past them and into the castle. Professor McGonagall motioned for them to follow and they walked up a flight of stairs. They stopped in front of another pair of large oak wood doors. Harry could hear the chatter of the upperclassmen students inside.
    

Professor McGonagall turned to face them. "Welcome to Hogwarts," she began. Every student stopped their conversation and turned their eyes to the professor in front of them.
    

"In a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your fellow classmates. But, before you do that, you must be sorted. You will be sorted into one of four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin. Your house will be like your family during your stay here. You must rely on each other in order to succeed and grow strong. Your triumphs will earn you points and your bad behavior and any rule breaking will lose you points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will earn the House Cup. That is a great honor to receive it. I wish you good luck." With that, she twirled back around, her robes billowing gracefully behind her, and pushed open the doors.
    

Harry and Neville looked at each other. This was it. The moment of truth. They intertwined their hands, gave each other a good luck smile, and followed the other students inside.  
    

Harry and Neville shared a gasp as they walked in. He had heard stories from his family about the Great Hall, but the stories didn't do it any justice. It was absolutely huge. Candles floated in the air, and Harry thought that was a bit dangerous. What if hot wax landed on your food or your face? But he saw the wax disintegrate a foot before it could hit any students or teachers and felt a little bit better.
    

The ceiling was charmed to look like the sky. Stars twinkled overhead, and Harry saw the full moon shine right in the middle of it all. It was a good thing his Uncle Moony wasn't there. He looked towards the teacher's table. There was Dumbledore, smiling at everyone, wearing horribly out of style unmatched clothing and looking just as barmy as his Uncle Padfoot had said. Hagrid sat on the other side of Dumbledore, and Harry waved. Hagrid waved back and gave a thumbs up. He continued down the line.
    

He saw Trelawny. His mother warned him about her. Apparently she was just as crazy as Dumbledore and gave false prophesies. After looking at her style that seemed to out-do Dumbledore and the way she stared at everyone behind her giant owl-like glasses, Harry had to agree completely with his mother. He saw a man with long black hair staring at him, and Harry felt a sense of familiarity. The man's eyes stared right into Harry's and Harry remembered someone with a soft baritone voice singing to him and strong, warm arms. Who was this man?
    

Neville was looking at the man as well, his eyes furrowed in concentration. "He looks familiar," he whispered to Harry.
    

"I know. I think we've met him somewhere before." McGonagall cleared her throat and the whole hall went silent. She took a three-legged stool from the teacher's table with a old beat up hat sitting atop of it. She placed it in front of the line of students. All the first years looked at each other confused while the upper years just smirked.
    

The newbies gasped when the brim of the hat opened and it began to talk.
    

*Oh you may not think me pretty, 
But don't judge on what you see, 
I'll eat myself if you can find 
A smarter hat than me. 
You can keep your bowlers black, 
Your top hats sleek and tall, 
For I'm the Hogwarts
 Sorting Hat 
And I can cap them all. 
There's nothing hidden in your head 
The Sorting Hat can't see, 
So try me on and I will tell you 
Where you ought to be. 

You might belong in Gryffindor,
 
Where dwell the brave at heart, 
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry 
Set
s Gryffindor apart; 
You might belong in Hufflepuff

Where they are just and loyal, 
Those patient Hufflepuffs
are true 
And unafraid of toil; 
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw

if you've a ready mind, 
Where those of wit and learning, 
Will always find their kind; 
Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends, 
Those cunning folks use any means 
To achieve their ends. 

So put me on! Don't be afraid! 
And don't get in a flap! 
You're in safe hands (though I have none) 
For I'm a Thinking Cap!*
        

The students clapped when the hat finished. Harry just stared at it in confusion. That old raggedy thing was going to sort them? Before Harry could ponder on it further, Professor McGonagall pulled out a long roll of parchment and began reading names.
    

"Abbot, Hannah."
    

A small mousy-haired girl behind Harry walked forward shakily and placed the hat on her head. The hat fell down nearly to her ears. After a moment, the brim opened up again and shouted "HUFFLEPUFF!" Hannah took the hat off and ran to the clapping Hufflepuff table.
    

It went like that for a while in alphabetical order. Several students went to Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and a few went to Slytherin. About five went to Hufflepuff.
    

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!" The drowning boy from the boat walked forward, leaving tiny puddles of water in his wake. Harry noticed Neville began paying rapt attention when he saw the boy. Justin placed the hat on his head and not even a minute later the hat yelled out "HUFFLEPUFF!".
    

"I wouldn't mind being in Hufflepuff if he's there," Neville said.

 

"What?" Harry asked, making sure he heard correctly. Neville blushed a bit, his ears turning red.
    

"N-nothing. I said nothing."
    

Hermione's name was called, and Ron, Harry and Neville cheered along with the students when she was placed in Ravenclaw.
    

"Longbottom-Potter, Neville."
    

Neville gulped, gave Harry a small nervous smile, and began walking forward.
                                                                          

*`*`*`*`
    

Neville personally didn't know what to expect from the hat, but it certainly wasn't this. It was old and wrinkly and smelled and it went right over his ears, blocking everyone from sight and consumed him in darkness.
    

Hey now, I don't smell that bad. Dumbledore cleans me every ten years or so.
    

Who are you? He thought.
    

I am the Sorting Hat. I am the one who places you in your house.
    

Oh. Where will I go?
    

Hold your horses, lad. I need to analyze you first.        

Neville didn't like the sound of that. Tales of the creepy men that peeked at children that his Uncle Padfoot told came into his mind.
    

Hey, hey! None of that now. That is very inappropriate. I'm not going to analyze you like that, silly child. I'm just going to look at your traits and decide which house best suits you. Now, lets see. Brave, oh yes very so. You can be a very good student in Gryffindor. You'd make them proud. Oh, you are very smart, too. Ravenclaw wouldn't be too shabby either. You have some brains kid, I can tell you that. And cunning as well! Oh ho! I'm sure living with the famous Marauders has taught you a thing or two. You are quite the pickle, Mr. Longbottom-Potter. Quite the pickle.
    

The who? Neville questioned. Who in Hades was the Marauders?
    

No, not the band. Neville blinked. Did the Sorting Hat just make a Muggle band reference?
    

You are extremely loyal to your family. Very, very so. You value your family more than anything else, don't you? You remind me a lot of your mother. She was very loyal as well.
     

My mum? You mean Lily, right?
    

While you do share some traits with her, that is not who I am talking about. I am talking about Alice, your birth mother. She valued family and friendship over anything else and would fight to the death for those she loved.
    

 And she was driven insane because of it. Because she was trying to protect me. Neville thought bitterly. 
    

Don't think like that, child. She loved you dearly, and I am sure she still does. You are very difficult to place, dear boy. Very difficult. You share traits with all the houses!
    

I just want to go to a place where I can be me and not be judged or thought of as one of the Boys-Who-Lived. I want people to accept me for who I am: Neville Longbottom-Potter. Not some famous kid.
    

Hmmm....OH! Well then I have the perfect place for you, child.
    

Where?
    

I think you belong in HUFFLEPUFF!
    

Neville took off the hat, his tie changing from the Hogwarts standard color to yellow and black, and stood up. He heard clapping from the Hufflepuff table and followed the noise in a daze. Hufflepuff. He was placed in Hufflepuff. The leftovers.
    

'No, not the leftovers.' He thought to himself as he saw Harry in line. He gave a small wave and smile, and Harry returned it, a proud smile of his own on his face.
    

'The house of badgers. Watch out, Hogwarts! You don't want to get between this badger and his family!'
                                                                          

*`*`*`*`
    

'Great', Harry thought as he waved to Neville. The entire Hufflepuff table was in a frenzy. "We got Neville! We got Neville!" they cheered.
    

'Now what am I going to do?' There was no way Harry would be sorted into Hufflepuff. He was loyal, sure, but not enough to be guaranteed a place in the house of badgers. He would just have to persuade the hat somehow to place Harry there.
    

"Malfoy, Draco!" Harry stilled. He watched the blond boy strut towards the stool. The hat barely touched his head when it shouted out "SLYTHERIN!" As Malfoy swaggered to the Slytherin table, Harry vowed that if he somehow ended up in Slytherin, he would avoid that weasel at all costs.
    

"Potter, Harry!" Harry ignored the excited whispers and walked proudly forward, careful not to step in one of the puddles left by Justin. He sat down on the stool and McGonagall placed the hat on Harry's head, plunging him into darkness.
    

Well hello there, child. The voice of the Sorting Hat greeted.
    

Hufflepuff Hufflepuff Hufflepuff. He thought rapidly. I want to be in Hufflepuff with Neville!
    

Woah, woah! Calm down, child. Let me analyze you first.  Let's see...
    

HufflepuffHufflepuffHufflepuff
    

Shh! Quiet, Harry. You are giving me a headache. And I can't even get those! I will place you where I see fit, and if you do not end up with your brother than so be it. Now, you are brave and believe in justice. That's good. Very good. You could do well in Gryffindor, but wait...
    

What? What is it?
    

You have a thirst to prove yourself. You are like Neville. You want to be seen as more than just a Boy-Who-Lived.
    

Yes.
    

You could be in Hufflepuff, but I do not think you could thrive there. You would be happy to be with your brother, but you would not truly belong. You would be left out. No, Hufflepuff is not the place for you. By Godric, both of you are near geniuses. Your mother raised you right, she has. Ravenclaw would be a fine choice as well. Harry puffed out his chest at that.
      

You have your honor and you value the strength in others. You're cunning, no doubt thanks to the Marauders, and ambition is what defines you, is it not? Very resourceful, too. Just like your uncle.
    

My uncle?
    

The Sorting Hat ignored him. I know just where to place you, dear boy. There is only one place for you to thrive. And that place is SLYTHERIN!
    

McGonagall took off the hat, and silence fell over the Great Hall. Even Ron and Hermione looked shocked. There was a moments beat, then Neville stood up and began clapping. That started it. The Slytherin table stood up and began to clap and cheer, and Harry felt a bit overwhelmed. As his tie changed to green and silver, he walked confidently towards the Slytherin house, ignoring the rude mumblings of the Gryffindors as he passed.
    

Harry sat down and almost instantly was bombarded with questions and stares by the other students. Harry felt really uncomfortable. He looked over to Neville to see if he was getting the same treatment, and saw that he was getting asked a million questions as well. They made eye contact and shrugged.
    

Ron went to Gryffindor, which Harry found funny. 'One in each house.' he thought. Hermione, the smart one, Harry, the cunning one, Neville, the loyal one and Ron...well, he was certainly brash, if their first meeting said anything about that.
    

There was only one more student left to sort after Ron, and Blaise Zabini went to Slytherin as well. As soon as the dark skinned boy sat down, Malfoy slithered towards Harry, shoving a boy out of the seat next to him. 'So much for staying away.'
    

"So, ickle Potter got sorted into the snake's lair. What would your dear Gryffindor parents think? They'd probably disown you on the spot." He laughed and his cronies Crabbe and Goyle laughed along a bit forcefully, slapping their knees.
    

"Shut up, Malfoy. My parents would be proud no matter where I was sorted," he growled, grapping his wand from his pocket.
    

"Obviously, if Longbottom got into Hufflepuff."
    

"It's Longbottom-Potter. He's just as a Potter as he is a Longbottom. And don't you forget it!" Blaise chose that moment to maneuver his way between Harry and Malfoy, blocking each other from the other's view.
    

"All right, break it up you two. You don't want to lose Slytherin any house points before the school year has even started, do you? You'll really be famous then, Potter. The-Boy-Who-Cost-Slytherin-The-House-Cup. Wouldn't that be a shame?" He made shooing motions towards Malfoy, who grumbled something inappropriate and slinked away, Crabbe and Goyle on his heels.
    

"Thanks," Harry said, glaring at the back of Malfoy's grease slicked hair. He held out his hand. "I'm Harry Potter."
    

The other boy shook his hand. "Blaise Zabini. It's a pleasure to meet you."
    

"You as well."
     

They were interrupted by Dumbledore standing up. The entire hall went quiet. The old man cleared his throat.
    

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts. To the first years, welcome! To the ones returning, hello again! It is so nice to see your bright and shining faces. Just a quick little memento: The Forbidden Forest is named such because it is in fact forbidden. Shocker, yes, I know. No student should be wandering the woods for any reason at all." He gave a pointed look towards the Weasley Twins, who shrugged innocently. "If you are caught exploring, you will receive a detention and loss of points. The right wing third floor corridor is forbidden as well. I would advise not going there unless you wish to experience a very painful and immediate death."
    

Harry blanched. What kind of school was this? His parents never said anything about death.
    

"A reminder to all students that spell casting and wand waving is not allowed in the halls. We do not want a repeat of last year." The older students laughed. Harry personally didn't want to know.
    

"Also, before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! That is all. I hope you enjoy your dinner."
    

Harry gaped as Dumbledore sat down and food appeared on their tables.
    

"He really is mad, isn't he?"
    

"Mad? He's a genius!" Blaise said, piling his plate full of pork chops, mashed potatoes and black eyed peas. "One of the best wizards in the world, according to Mama. But he is a bit mad, yes. Macaroni and cheese, Harry?" Blaise held up a giant spoonful of the gooey cheesy goodness. Harry licked his lips and held out his plate.
    

"Yes, please!"
                                                                       

    *`*`*`*`
    

Neville fidgeted a bit in his seat, trying his hardest not to look Justin in the eye. Why did he have to sit opposite to the other boy? Why? He knew it was going to end badly for him.
    

Justin seemed to notice his internal struggle, because he leaned closer, making Neville blush furiously. "Are you alright, Neville?" he asked in his heavy accent.
    

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. Don't need to worry about me. I'm just...nervous, is all."
    

"Ah. I know what you mean! When I first got my letter, I thought it was a hoax. I mean, a magic castle school? What? My mom didn't believe it until Professor Dumbledore came later on and explained everything." Seeing Neville's confused face, he added, "I'm a Muggleborn, you see."
    

"Oh."
    

"I was so scared coming here. I didn't know what to expect. What if it really was just a huge elaborate hoax? But deep down I knew it wasn't. I always made something happen, you see. There was this one time when I was three I made my stuffed bear fly down from the top shelf. Mum went bonkers! Da' caught it all on video too! I saw it just the other day, right before I came here."
    

Neville's unease and embarrassment slowly slipped away as he and Justin talked. Finally, dessert came. All the dinner food disappeared, being replaced by toppling sweets. One kid was in the middle of taking a bite out of a turkey leg when it disappeared and wound up biting nothing but air instead. The students giggled at his confused face.
    

He pushed an orange off his plate. "Eugh. Want an orange, Justin?" he asked, motioning towards the fruit.
    

Justin wrinkled his nose. "No thanks. I'm really allergic. Just one touch could send me to the Hospital Wing."
    

Neville quickly moved the fruit far away from Justin. "Yeah, me too. I'm not as allergic as you, though. I can touch 'em, I just can't eat 'em. If I lick even the peel, my tongue will swell three times it's size." He held his hands apart in front of his mouth and stuck his tongue out for emphasis. Justin laughed.
    

"Well, be careful what you eat then. I see about five plates that have orange peel shavings. Including that chocolate one you're about to eat." Neville stopped the spoon just before it hit his mouth. Sure enough, there were shaved orange peels on top of his chocolate pudding. He set the spoon back down on the plate and pushed it away.
    

"Shouldn't they give out warnings or something before making all this food? What if a student ate something they're allergic to without noticing?" he said.
    

"Exactly! We should start a petition." Justin banged his spoon on the table, sending vanilla yoghurt flying into the face of the girl sitting next to him. Neville snickered.
    

"As if the ministry would ever let that happen. They don't give a rat's behind what happens to the students as long as they continued getting funded from Hogwarts."
    

Justin cocked his head sideways. "Really? They really don't care?"
    

"Eh..." Neville began backtracking. "I mean, they do. To an extent. The Minister is a right moron, and there have been instances where they don't help unless it met their needs. So, yeah, I guess they care, but not much. Now, if we had a different Minister, like Kingsley Shacklebolt, then we'd be okay. He's amazing and takes everyone's problems into account. He's one of the Ministry's best Aurors. He's great friends with my Dad and uncles, too."
    

"He sounds like a nice guy," Justin said, finishing off his yoghurt. Neville nodded. Justin seemed thoughtful.
    

"When I get out of Hogwarts, I'm going to become Minister of Magic! Then the students would have nothing to worry about, and I can make everything better!" he said with such conviction that Neville began to get a bit inspired himself.
    

"You go for it, Justin!"
    

The teachers at the staff table began to rise, and the students followed suit. A kind looking plump woman with a belt full of gardening tools came and stood in front of their table.
    

"Everyone, follow me! We're going back to the common room!" They followed her in a single file line, starting from the first years up. Neville passed by Harry as they walked out the Great Hall, and he held out his fist. Harry tapped his fist to Neville's and they made an explosion noise as they drew their hands away. Harry accidentally stepped on the robes of the long-haired man from before. The man sneered, but did nothing otherwise, just kept on walking. He guessed that was the Slytherin Head of House. He felt kind of bad for Harry. At least the Hufflepuff Head of House looked nice.
    

They walked down towards the kitchens then took a right to the Hufflepuff Basements. Neville felt a bit claustrophobic as the walls got narrower and closer. He blushed a bright red when he accidentally tripped and Justin caught him.
    

"Hey, watch where you going next time, okay?" he said as he helped brush off the dust on Neville's pants.
    

"O-okay." They stopped in front of what looked like a Hobbit hole surrounded by barrels. Their Head of House turned to face them.
    

"Listen very closely! I am only going to show you this once! This," she motioned towards the Hobbit hole, "Is the Hufflepuff common room. These barrels are the password. What you need to do is tap these four barrels," she pointed towards the farthest barrels on either side, "with your wand in the pattern of "Helga Hufflepuff". Like this."
    

She tapped one. "Hel," then the farthest to the right. "Ga." Then she tapped one twice. "Huff-le" then the last one. "Puff. Now, be warned. If you do not tap those four barrels or you do not tap them in the right order, the barrels will explode and soak you completely with vinegar." Neville wrinkled his nose. He needed to memorize the pattern quickly then.
      

"Let's go in, shall we?"
    

The door opened as she got closer and closed automatically after the last student came in. Neville gasped. The room was a lot bigger than he expected. A fireplace was roaring, despite it being summer. Dark brown couches and two armchairs sat in front of it on an earthy rug. Multiple round tables with little wicker chairs with sewn on pillows were scattered around the room. A giant painting of what Neville suspected to be Helga Hufflepuff  was above the fireplace. Bookshelves lined the walls and a banner sporting the Hufflepuff crest was hung above small circular windows that showed the night sky and had potted plants on the sill of each one. Overall, it looked like a cozy little cabin that someone would vacation in. Neville loved it. It would be better if Harry were there to experience it as well, but he couldn't help that.
    

The upper year students went past the first years and began walking to their dormitories. The first years crowded around their Head od House excitedly, whispering and pointing at the little knickknacks on the bookshelves.
    

"Now, let me formally introduce you to Hufflepuff!" She spread her arms out wide, and Neville honestly expected some sort of confetti or an explosion to happen, but it didn't. He was a bit disappointed.
    

"I am your Head of House, Professor Sprout. I am also the Herbology teacher for Hogwarts. During your stay at Hogwarts, Hufflepuff will be your family. I'm sure Professor McGonagall gave you the speech already, but what she said is true. You must rely on and help each other in order to succeed. Hufflepuff are notorious for being loyal, and that is because we value who we have. We work hard to succeed. You may also have heard some people say that Hufflepuffs are the "rejects" or "leftover" students at Hogwarts," Neville nodded, as did some others, "but let me tell you one thing. We are not rejects, and we are not leftovers. We are human beings who will fight for those we love. We are just as important to Hogwarts as the other houses, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. You must stick together, or they will continue to look down on us. We are a unit, and we will continue to live up to the expectations of our founder."
    

The students cheered and clapped, and Professor Sprout beamed at them like a proud mother.
    

"Now, to be a bit of a downer. It is time for the rules." The kids "aww'ed". "I know I know. But every house has them. There are not many, however. If you follow these simple rules, your stay here will be enjoyable. First through third years' bedtime is at nine o'clock. Yes I know it's a bit early but quit wining. Every day after you come back from class, you will work on homework or study for an hour. If you wish, but I highly doubt any one will, you may work on it longer to finish faster. I may just bend the rules for bedtime for this, but only if you get work done! I do not want you to say you will be studying or doing homework and come to find out you have been dilly-dallying around! You may bring someone from another house in to visit, but you must be approved by a prefect or myself first and they must leave before your bedtime. I don't want any late night shenanigans." Some of the first years snickered. Professor Sprout rolled her eyes.
    

"We will all go to breakfast and dinner together, and we will all return together. You may sit with another house during meals if it is approved by the Head of House, and you can invite only up to four people to sit at our table. There is only so much room, you know. You are absolutely forbidden from going to the kitchens at night. If I find that you have snuck in food or you are out after curfew, I do not care that you are my house, I will take away points. And lastly, for those of you that have pets, I expect you to take care of them and clean up after them. I do not want this room to smell like a barn. Is that all clear?"
    

At the students' "Yes, Professor Sprout!" she clapped her hands together. "Great! Wonderful! Now, there are privileges you can earn as well. On the wall back there, everyone's name has been written down. If you do something good, like earn Hufflepuff points or do great on your school work, you will receive a point, much like the point system for the houses. You can earn and lose points, which will be dictated by the prefects and myself. The person with twenty points at the end of each week will receive a prize of their choice, such as staying up later or food from the kitchen or prolonged visiting time with friends." The kids all looked excited. Neville promised himself that he would do every good deed in the book in order to get those twenty points each week so Harry could stay longer.
    

"I am so glad to see that you all have made it into my house. Now, it is eight thirty. You have thirty minutes to pick a bed and get ready to turn in for tonight. I will be checking to see if everyone is in bed by nine. Go on, now. Get ready."
    

There were multiple other little Hobbit holes in the wall. One side said 'Girls' and another said 'Boys'. Neville chose one at random on the boy's side, and was pleased to see that Justin was following him in. There were five four poster beds in a semicircle with side tables on either side. Dark earthy brown tapestries hung from the rafts with yellow vertical stripes. A bookshelf was underneath a circular window. The crest of Hufflepuff was above one bed at the end. Neville chose one on the end, underneath the crest, and Justin chose the one opposite him. As soon as he sat down on the bed, his trunk appeared. Three other boys climbed in as Neville was changing into his pajamas. The one that took the bed next to Neville flipped off his shoes and they flew right by him, nearly hitting his head.
    

"Oh, shit! Sorry, mate," he apologized as he grabbed his shoe back.
    

"It's fine." He grabbed his toiletries and headed for the bathroom. He quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face and returned back to his room. When he walked back in, he saw Isis curled up into a ball on one of his pillows. Trevor was chilling out on the lampshade on his bedside table.
    

"Alright, move over, Isis." He nudged his cat. She gave him a glare, her blue eyes glittering, and hopped off to curl on top of his trunk. He pulled out some parchment and a self-inking Quill and began to write.
    

Dear Mum and Dad, you'll never believe what houses Harry and I got sorted into...
                                                                     

*`*`*`*`
    

Severus tried to keep the annoyance out of his voice as he told the welcoming speech and rules. Potter was looking at everywhere but him, which irked him to no end. If he thought he didn't need to listen, then it was his own problem. He could figure out the rules and procedures on his own.
    

"And finally, nobody from outside our house is allowed inside the Slytherin common room. We have prided ourselves for successfully keeping our place hidden for the last five centuries. We will not stop just because you wish to chit chat. If you wish to visit your friends from another house, I would suggest going to their common room. Anyone that gives the password or location will get immediate detention and a loss of points. Do I make myself clear?"
    

All of his first year snakes except for Potter chorused "Yes, sir!" and went to find their beds. Severus watched as Blaise Zabini grabbed Potter's hand and led him towards the first year dormitories. Hopefully he would relay the message he had just spent and hour ranting.
    

He didn't know what to feel about the youngest Potter being in Slytherin. On one hand, he was proud that Potter didn't believe the hype of Slytherins and rejected his house, most likely thanks to Lily. On the other, he knew James was going to send him a letter (or with his bad luck, a Howler) with some very choice words and possibly try and "talk" to his son. The man still couldn't get it wrapped around his thick head that Slytherin was not the only house to protruded Dark wizards, despite the fact that he had nearly been destroyed by one of his own friends.
    

After it was a bit past the children's bedtimes, he walked towards the first year boy's dormitory, taking the steps two at a time. He knocked, just in case. He really didn't need to see some things. When no shouts of protest rose, he turned the knob and entered. All of the boys were either under the covers already asleep or just getting into bed. The only one that was not in bed, or even in his pajamas for that matter, was Potter. He was sitting at one of the desks, writing a letter presumably to his parents. When the door opened, he jumped up quickly and dived for his covers, but they both knew Severus had already seen.
    

"Mr. Potter, what are you doing? You should already be in bed like your other dorm mates." The boy fidgeted a bit, not looking at Severus.
    

"I was writing a letter to my parents. They want to get an update of where I was sorted and my first day here."
    

Severus quirked an eyebrow. "Be that as it may, you need rest." A loud snore from Malfoy interrupted him and he and Potter grimaced. "You can finish your letter tomorrow and send it during breakfast."
    

"Oh, I'm already finished, sir. It wasn't that long. But I guess I'll send it with Hedwig in the morning." Potter began to take off his shoes and socks.
    

Severus didn't know what prompted him, but he picked up the letter and folded it. "I'll mail it with my owl, Mr. Potter. You go to sleep. You are going to have a big day tomorrow."
    

Severus was just about to exit the dormitory when he heard: "Thanks, Uncle Sev!" He stilled, one foot out the door. He turned. Potter looked just as shocked as he felt. His eyes were wide, almost comically so, and his mouth hung open in a perfect 'o'.
    

"I-I didn't mean it-I...I don't know why I said that. I'm so sorry-" Potter stuttered. Severus said nothing. He just turned back around and walked out.
    

He tried to lock the memory away as he walked back to his chambers, letter clutched in his hand. He hadn't been called that name in so long, it felt almost weird being called that again. His heart clenched. It had been so long since he had seen Harry and Neville. He knew he should have visited them more often, but he knew his presence wasn't welcome in their home. So he had kept his distance.
    

He had a duty anyway. He still kept tabs on Lucius Malfoy and the Death Eaters that had escaped. He still stayed in their good graces for information. It wouldn't do to be seen in the company of the Potters. It hurt, it really did. He used to love baby sitting those boys on full moon nights when the Marauders and Lily had taken to their Animagus forms for Lupin. But then Lucius was freed of all charges and he had to leave.
    

He pushed open the door to his rooms, and Apollo flew down from his perch and nipped his ear.
    

"Hello, boy. Did you miss me?" He scratched behind his owl's head, which prompted a happy hoot from the bird. He fed Apollo an owl treat, and he flew back to his perch to munch on it.
    

"Don't get too comfortable there. I'm going to need you to mail some letters in a minute." Apollo hooted an affirmative. He got out his own ink and quill and dug around in his drawer for a spare piece of blank parchment.
    

Lily, It began. After a moments thought, he added and James.
    

As your trusted adviser and your friend, I deemed it appropriate to update you on some things. You may have already read the letters from your sons, but if you have not done so already, let me inform you.
    

Neville has been sorted into Hufflepuff. Just like Alice. It took the hat a while to decide. I believe it is because he shares traits with all four houses, but that may not have been the case. It is just speculation.He has already made a friend as well, it seems. He has become friends with a Hufflepuff boy named Justin Finch-Fletchely.He is in the capable hands of Pomona Sprout now. I trust no one better to take care of him. Believe me when I say that she will be a good mother-figure and protector to him while he is here.
    

Harry has been sorted into my house, Slytherin. Before James blows up, let me tell you that I will make sure nothing happens to him. He will be under my protection. I will keep him in line and make sure he will do good in his classes. If not, I will ask for your advise on what to do with him.
    

He has also made a friend, the Heir to the Pureblood Zabini family. I do not know about this friendship, seeing as his father was a Death Eater. But his mother is known for being purely Light, so we will have to see. Harry also got into a spat with the Malfoy Heir during the Welcoming Feast. Zabini broke them up. It was a good thing, too. Harry and Malfoy had both began to pull out their wands. Merlin only knows what would have happened if the boy hadn't broken them up.
    

As promised, I will watch over both of them to the best of my abilities. I will also make sure Malfoy does not get under Harry's skin. You have my promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure that Harry and Neville come back unharmed and have many great stories to tell of their first year here at Hogwarts. I will keep you updated.
         

Regards,                          

-S. Snape

     He rolled up the parchment and attached it to Apollo's leg along with Potter's letter. He opened his window, and the black owl flew out into the night sky, melding in with the darkness.    

Chapter End Notes:
*Taken directly from the book

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you liked this little spin that I did. Dont worry, I will update regularly, and I will update Wings of Sun as well. I will try and update every Sunday. *Edit: The Albus Dumbledore information on the chocolate fog card is messed up. For some reason, it wont align properly, no matter how many times I edit it. I'm sorry, but its going to have to stay that way. Its supposed to say: Albus Dumbeldore, currently Headmaster of Hogwarts. Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times. Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on Alchemy with his partner Nicholas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and ten-pin bowling.